Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Might turn out a review tonight...anything y'all wanna see that hasn't been covered?

How about how to deal with the frosted canopies? It seems some have it worst than others, mine isn't great - don't know how to deal with it short of taking it apart and wet-sanding and Tamiya compound. Is there really so much variation in the canopy finish? Love the matter finish though and it looks great! A tad floppy without the brace in Battroid mode though. Love the tampo throughout though, its great to not have to worry about making decals.

How about how to deal with the frosted canopies? It seems some have it worst than others, mine isn't great - don't know how to deal with it short of taking it apart and wet-sanding and Tamiya compound. Is there really so much variation in the canopy finish? Love the matter finish though and it looks great! A tad floppy without the brace in Battroid mode though. Love the tampo throughout though, its great to not have to worry about making decals.

My second YF-30 has some imperfections on the canopy. Gonna get a microfiber cloth and some rubbing alcohol....argh.. why can't it be clear like my first one lol

Just got mine...slow SAL shipping. Couldn't find any instructions video so I just transformed it slowly (maybe I should have used the instructions). Anyhow, hardest / scariest part was the front landing gear tabs, they wouldn't pop out without wiggling and force. Turns out you don't need to open them in order to transform unlike the other DX planes.

Really love the waist movement, lets it do poses the other models can't.

My review is uploading now, it should be published in the morning unless I get stupid Youtube errors like I did with my last ride armor review. I had to upload that one three times :(. The transformation video will go up after work.

Fantastic review - enjoyed the read and agree with all your points.

Might I add that I wished they did the two tone black paint (lighter black / dark grey on the leading surfaces), they forgot the pink/purple fold crystals on the top of the rear black portion of the leg (there are holes there for them, but no clear plastic insert) and I wished the blue fold crystals were clear and not just a painted detail.

It's odd that on my copy, the wheels all roll freely individually on my fingers, but when I put the toy down to roll on a glass surface, the wheels don't roll.

The Battroid mode is growing on me after a few hours of play (it looks great from the front view, side view is pretty funny though), I wished it was cheaper to break my rule of no doubles :p - I don't think its worth the premium though, I think it should be around the same price as the VF-25 renewals (maybe +10%)

My issue with the Bracket is that it's held on by two diddly pins. It doesn't snap into any grooves for a real secure fit like any real bracket would....

Any downward force could easily dislodge the bracket connections little by little as all that keeps the bracket in place is those diddly vertical pins and their friction with the intake holes.

On one of my copies, these holes are loose so the bracket dislodges super easy.

Half-assed solution is half-assed.

Bandai-ception!!!

aside from that love the valk :D

Edited by Duymon

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that the Impromptu Shoot from the U.S.S midway is up and in Album Form for your Viewing Pleasure!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/psychoshot77/slideshow/Valkyries%20on%20the%20Midway

Also wanted to share some pictures of the Chronos in Gerwalk form that I did for #gerwalkwednesday on instagram.

SAM_0253.jpg

SAM_0254.jpgSAM_0257.jpg

Threw in a little bit of Yui Takamura because of my Namesake.

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that the Impromptu Shoot from the U.S.S midway is up and in Album Form for your Viewing Pleasure!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/psychoshot77/slideshow/Valkyries%20on%20the%20Midway

Also wanted to share some pictures of the Chronos in Gerwalk form that I did for #gerwalkwednesday on instagram.

Dude, nice! We (I) NEED more Gerwalk pics!

Threw in a little bit of Yui Takamura because of my Namesake.

Awesome!

Just checked out your feed on IG as well, very nice.

-b.

My issue with the Bracket is that it's held on by two diddly pins. It doesn't snap into any grooves for a real secure fit like any real bracket would....

Any downward force could easily dislodge the bracket connections little by little as all that keeps the bracket in place is those diddly vertical pins and their friction with the intake holes.

On one of my copies, these holes are loose so the bracket dislodges super easy.

Half-assed solution is half-assed.

Bandai-ception!!!

aside from that love the valk :D

The braces on mine locked in incredibly tight, it was a little scary popping them back off. The bracket pegs in exactly like the intakes do in fighter mode. On the one where you keep having it fall out, do the intakes also fall out really easily? That would be a nightmare.

My transformation video is now also posted. Thanks to everyone that's been checking the review out!

*snip*

Great shots on the USS Midway. ;)

Yep.

Second clip printed.

wYrGERLl.jpg

Those are cool, Yeti. B))

Edited by no3ljm

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. :)