Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

I guess I'll be transforming the one with the off centered fuselage into Battroid and hope my other copy has the part properly centered....

Have you tried transforming it once and back? There are lots of tabs so it's possible it looks off center in fighter mode because a tab or two became unseated.

This toy was SO close to being excellent but remains only mediocre thanks to the vstabs lazily hanging off the bottom of the backback in battroid mode. I have been able to alleviate my anger somewhat by simply removing them and just pretending that they folded into the adjacent, perfect vstab-sized cavity in the wings like they should have done all along. I love the fighter mode, the battroid has grown on me since I collpsed the legs and ankles down to the minimum heights, but those vstabs were triggering my "what the f*ck where they thinking!?" mode and something had to be done.

This toy was SO close to being excellent but remains only mediocre thanks to the vstabs lazily hanging off the bottom of the backback in battroid mode. I have been able to alleviate my anger somewhat by simply removing them and just pretending that they folded into the adjacent, perfect vstab-sized cavity in the wings like they should have done all along. I love the fighter mode, the battroid has grown on me since I collpsed the legs and ankles down to the minimum heights, but those vstabs were triggering my "what the f*ck where they thinking!?" mode and something had to be done.

That's not the fault of the toy, but rather of the design. The toy just copied it so in terms of line art accuracy, the toy got it right.

The Bulbous canopy is prolly the only greasy part of the valk. I had to use a micro fiber cloth and wipe out the inside of the canopy to clear it up on my copy. No chemicals required, just a gentle finger because the bulbous canopy is thinner as well.

Finally got my YF-30 (thanks to NY, I didn't get dinged with customs & duties again) - actually arrived Monday via SAL registered - so not too bad. Picked it up from the post office today - didn't have time to play with it other than take it out and zoom it around a bit.

However I do have the "frosted" canopy and its definitely not just grease. How did you clear up / polish the canopy so nicely? Did you remove the canopy from the hinge? If so how did you take the canopy off to rub the inside? I see a pin in the hinge, but was afraid to push it out. I notice that my head doesn't sit down so flush and the forward fuselage seems to drop a slight bit from the back/neck and I can't seem to make them flush/sleek. I may be mis-transformed, so I will transform it tonight into the other modes to see if I can get it to line up better. Love the matter finish, but can't really see the extra $50 price jump over the VF-25. It's nice, but a bit underwhelmed (still smarting from the YF-19 - that's the problem when you look forward to something so much that its hard for it to meet expectations). I don't like the exposed arm hinges on the side of the intakes and all the exposed pin holes (or screws) on the back for the backpack arm - it makes it look like a version 1 where the renewals will have them all covered up and sleeker (I hope I'm wrong). Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I got one and that its a new design - just a bit underwhelmed.

Congrats to everyone on their YF-30 Chronos purchases. I'm joining the bandwagon as well. Packaged arrived last Monday via NY Registered SAL. Opened yesterday for inspection and back to the box for selling... Nah! Need to swoosh it around first. Hahaha! :lol: No PMs please. Not going to sell it. Hahaha! :lol:

IMG_6633_zpsc574a1e9.jpg

IMG_6649_zpsd609d255.jpg

IMG_6646_zpsb0320c40.jpg

Likes upon inspection: Sleek Fighter mode. Tampo prints. Gold canopy (just need to check the grease issue later). Delta wings.

Hates upon inspection: Weight (It's too light compared to other DX Valks). Front Landing Gear Bay Doors (Scared that I might break it if I pulled too hard. Any advice how?). No lock for the Tail Fin Stabilizers.

Will add more likes and hates when I transformed it. :lol:

By the way, not sure if this is mentioned before but looking at those 2 deep holes on the back upper part of the legs, perhaps for future Super/Option Parts? Looking forward if there's any. Beam Cannon would be nice. ;)

IMG_6636_zpsf953e12f.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

What is the consensus on the extending hips? I don't see a lot of people using them. Not required, but let's you splay the legs more.

They're nice for extra articulation, but the legs look better with them retracted while in more neutral poses.

Anyone? Anybody who received a frosted canopy and made it clear - how did you do that? Did you remove the canopy to work on it - how do you remove the canopy - can the hinge just come straight out?