Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Guest davidwhangchoi

So we can all agree Bandai finally scored a home run here?

i think just shy of a home run... body attachment. debatable (some love it, some don't) missile box ascetics

i say a very nice triple...

Thank you everyone, glad you like them.

@KH355hamdi: Very nice desk, I see an Aventador and is the silver car an Agera-R?

Thanks Saburo. Desk is IKEA. The cars are 1/43 Fujimi Aventador and Minichamps MacLaren F-1. They have very good detail down to the brake calipers.

10514409_10152344674917861_348151524839910620104_10152344674907861_334511216705610599728_10152344674912861_1952774673840

Some very clear canopies... are some frosted and some clear (luck of the draw) or did they do something to clear up the foggy canopies?

Argh, mine's been sitting "Dispatch from Outward Office of Exchange" in Osaka for 4 days - can't wait to get at it!

Did you Panel lined and cleared canopy?

How do you make the canopy clear: rubbing, solution, other?

The Bulbous canopy is prolly the only greasy part of the valk. I had to use a micro fiber cloth and wipe out the inside of the canopy to clear it up on my copy. No chemicals required, just a gentle finger because the bulbous canopy is thinner as well.

Also did some panel lines using my regular technique. the panel lines are a bit thinner than on the VF-25's, but not as thin and beautiful as the Yammy V2 VF-1 or 1/72 VF-25s, which had beautifully thin panel lines. Just be careful around the red paint areas as my technique which uses a bit of rubbing alcohol could just as easily wipe off that red paint O_o

Edited by Duymon

Thanks Saburo. Desk is IKEA. The cars are 1/43 Fujimi Aventador and Minichamps MacLaren F-1. They have very good detail down to the brake calipers.

Excellent choices of cars. :)

It's the little things that make a huge difference, imo.

I see what you did there, subtle very nice! ^_^

The Bulbous canopy is prolly the only greasy part of the valk. I had to use a micro fiber cloth and wipe out the inside of the canopy to clear it up on my copy. No chemicals required, just a gentle finger because the bulbous canopy is thinner as well.

Also did some panel lines using my regular technique. the panel lines are a bit thinner than on the VF-25's, but not as thin and beautiful as the Yammy V2 VF-1 or 1/72 VF-25s, which had beautifully thin panel lines. Just be careful around the red paint areas as my technique which uses a bit of rubbing alcohol could just as easily wipe off that red paint O_o

Thanks Duymon, I'll give that a try tonight. :)

I know some people haven't even received theirs yet, but I'm already ready for some repaints:

post-4286-0-12808400-1408075641_thumb.jpg

post-4286-0-01717400-1408075640_thumb.jpg

I like that the first one looks like the CFA-44 from ace combat, and I love that the second one is purple.

It's not bad but some of the minor fit and finish issues are preventing me from enjoying this release as much as I normally would. The nosecone doesn't fit very well, the 'spine' of the jet doesn't fit together smoothly, the pilot is just rattling around loose in the cockpit and the bare plastic compressor fans really could have used some paint.

I passed on this one purely because of coloring, looks too much like Alto's. I'm waiting for either of the other two.

(and at least those won't have the 'white on white' problem Bandai STILL keeps doing---it says YF-30 on the tailfin, if you really look...)

I passed on this one purely because of coloring, looks too much like Alto's. I'm waiting for either of the other two.

(and at least those won't have the 'white on white' problem Bandai STILL keeps doing---it says YF-30 on the tailfin, if you really look...)

It's actually rather easy to read the YF-30 on the Tailfin.

The more I look at it, the more I hate the tailfins on the YF-30. It's extremely disappointing and confusing that kawamori made no effort whatsoever to collapse them into the wing somehow. There's a perfect tailfin-sized hole in the wing where they could have gone then wingtip would fold over top, perfect. As it stands I can't think of any reason it's been done this way other than sheer laziness, it looks bad and they're a breakage risk.

i got mine as well. i love herm, shes a great plane. The curve and fit, as well as the transform make it feel like a true 'next Gen' Macross fighter beyond the 24 series. the whole plane feels new and fresh.

In Battroid you get a real lankiness, and there's alot of length in the legs. Im not 100% sure I'm sold on that, as it makes the torso section feel a little crushed.

You dont need any stands or pegs or brackets or anything, all modes hold just fine with the plane paerts. In fact a part in some pics that I took as the brace (Where it looks like it has some stomach guns) is actually part of the air frame.

Overall after several transforms and all seeming to be well, i am very happy with her.

i got mine as well. i love herm, shes a great plane. The curve and fit, as well as the transform make it feel like a true 'next Gen' Macross fighter beyond the 24 series. the whole plane feels new and fresh.

In Battroid you get a real lankiness, and there's alot of length in the legs. Im not 100% sure I'm sold on that, as it makes the torso section feel a little crushed.

You dont need any stands or pegs or brackets or anything, all modes hold just fine with the plane paerts. In fact a part in some pics that I took as the brace (Where it looks like it has some stomach guns) is actually part of the air frame.

Overall after several transforms and all seeming to be well, i am very happy with her.

This is awesome, but some people are claiming that the braces are needed. Luck of the qc draw. Not very fun. Still waiting for my SAL shipment.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

This is awesome, but some people are claiming that the braces are needed. Luck of the qc draw. Not very fun. Still waiting for my SAL shipment.

When not mounted on the stand, I only use brace in GERWALK mode so that I can swing down the waist and metal fork down for better mobility. Now it can move like ED-209. Other than that it is all tight in each mode.

10603736_10152344194982861_8010598525063