Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

The satin/matte finish is so much more attractive and scale friendly than the semi-gloss/gloss of all the other Macross DXs... :wub:

Keeping my copy sitting in HLJ's PW is going to take a lot of willpower... :wacko:

Edited by mechaninac

Nice pics and 1st hand tips and feedback everyone.

I've always been a Fighter mode first/only guy but the Battroid mode on the YF-30 has really grown on me. I think that's where this Valkyrie will spend most of her time.

-b.

Fantastic pics Saburo!

Thank you. :)

The Easiest way to make Leon stick. It drives me nuts when he's jiggling around in the cockpit.

I know what you mean, I was getting frustrated every time I would change the valk position, take a shot and notice Leon is in drunk pilot pose. :angry:

Nice pics and 1st hand tips and feedback everyone.

I've always been a Fighter mode first/only guy but the Battroid mode on the YF-30 has really grown on me. I think that's where this Valkyrie will spend most of her time.

-b.

I wasn't too keen about Battroid mode too, but now it has grown on me now that I it in hand. I'll keep in Battroid mode for now. ;)

I just stuck a speck of blu-tac to his ass, even easier.

My next purchase, pack of blu-tac. :)

Great pics as usual Saburo! Love how the details pop in every photo.

Thank you. :)

Thanks for showing battroid with the tailfins like the game.

Haha, no problem. I liked how the lines flowed with the tailfins pointed toward the body. ;)

Edited by Saburo

From these pics I get the impression that between the matte finish, rounder radome and larger, more bulbous canopy that they'll sit next to more of the Yam/Cadia offerings a little better than the -25's and -29's

From these pics I get the impression that between the matte finish, rounder radome and larger, more bulbous canopy that they'll sit next to more of the Yam/Cadia offerings a little better than the -25's and -29's

One of the YF-30 really nice bits! This is what the 25 & 29 Valks needed as the canopy was just too narrow.. im not a fan of the redesign on the YF-25 canopy either.. not as sleek looking as the other 25 & 29 versions.

Edited by spanner76

Mine arrived yesterday. Bigger than I expected in Fighter mode. No problem transforming to Gerwalk mode. Transforming to Battroid, was fairly difficult and a bit frustrating, as I personally found the instruction manual a bit unclear about what to do. On a difficulty level, I felt transforming this was similar to the Yamato SV-51. Not looking forward to transforming it back to fighter mode, although I'll have to as that's the mode I like best.

Didn't need the braces for either Gerwalk or Battroid mode, nice and tight so far.

My wife and son both asked what the missile pod was and thought it looked silly :(

My wife and son both asked what the missile pod was and thought it looked silly :(

Clearly, they do not know the signature of Macross... Missle Spamming!~

yf21_macross_plus.jpg

In fact, I would argue that there are too little missles on the huge missle bay.

I kid though. At least your family is willing to put up with your hobbies :)

I also got my first unit yesterday, I did not have a lot of time to mess with it yet, but so far the paint looks good on this sample. I did also notice the pilot issue someone else here mentioned. It's like he wants to lean to the left. I looked at the seat and am guessing he is supposed to be pressure fit in between the little tabs in there, but am not sure. I can get him in there it just seems like he is not molded to fit this cockpit perfectly.

I am in the camp that feels like the tail fins should have had detention so that the tail fins would click in to the position it should be in at least for fighter mode at least.

The paint is nice on this valk, I am glad Bandai decided to cut the gloss finish for this release and go with the matte finish. I have not transformed it yet so I cannot comment on that yet.

So far I am happy I bought a couple of these, but I reserve my right to change my mind once I fully play with the thing.

I am also in on the camp with the locking tail fins, once these get loose its going to be a nightmare in the mode that used to hide the loose joints that ruined a toy- fighter.

I feel kind of dumb; I've transformed this thing back and forth several times now and I just now realized that the shoulders can pull away from the body for extra articulation. It also makes for enough room to leave the legs pegged in place while in gerwalk, which solves my main complaint with that mode.

My new favourite. Joints are super tight. A lot of learning on transforming the toy. Landing gear door was a little tight at the front and requires a bit wiggling to pull it out. Overall, I love this design in all modes. Reminds me a lot of VF-0.

1556403_10152344194842861_3363412407525710494978_10152344194852861_70459232697791559252_10152344194847861_37489611966373

GERWALK with hinge swung upward.

10533437_10152344194837861_4260900252903

I prefer the hinge swung down for better mobility. Dynamic pose!

10603736_10152344194982861_8010598525063

I love the insectoid shape of this Battroid.

10013809_10152344194992861_1952570161892

With the gang.

10498577_10152344194987861_2992151619280

Clearly, they do not know the signature of Macross... Missle Spamming!~yf21_macross_plus.jpg

In fact, I would argue that there are too little missles on the huge missle bay.

Clearly, they do not know the signature of Macross... Missle Spamming!~yf21_macross_plus.jpg

Oh, my wife and son know all about missile spamming in Macross. I've been in this hobby since 82 and my wife has been suffering since 91.......hehehe.

Just they both thought the weapons pod looked weird compared with all my other Valks.

Just transformed from Battroid back to Fighter without resorting to the instructions, easier than expected.