Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

FYI, I've noticed everybody is still transforming the YF-30 to Battroid wrong. The tail fins on the back are supposed to fold inward toward the Battroid, not away. That's how the original Lego transformation video Kawamori showed off did it, that's how it does it in the game and the lineart for the game. However, NONE of the Bandai production photos, or even the box cover, do it that way. I feel it looks better as it mimics the orientation of the folded over wing above it.

Edited by Mommar

i thought it's the same from the manual

You are correct, Bandai has got the orientation of the tail fins incorrect the entire time. Look at the game screens. The game is also consistent with the original transformation video Kawamori showed off with Legos. You don't have the wings folded over entirely because of the missiles on the hard points but if you did you'd notice the orientation of the folded wing and the tail fins would complement each other if the tail fin were turned inward instead of outward.

macross21.jpg

Is it me or doesn't the tailfins go the other direction in batt mode? Either way I'm there!

FYI, I've noticed everybody is still transforming the YF-30 to Battroid wrong. The tail fins on the back are supposed to fold inward toward the Battroid, not away. That's how the original Lego transformation video Kawamori showed off did it, that's how it does it in the game and the lineart for the game. However, NONE of the Bandai production photos, or even the box cover, do it that way. I feel it looks better as it mimics the orientation of the folded over wing above it.

So can the tailfins fold the way in the game? Sorry to ask but I don't have one yet to verify.

So can the tailfins fold the way in the game? Sorry to ask but I don't have one yet to verify.

I don't own the game but I posted a screen shot and the tail fins can turn inward on the toy. I feel like it looks better that way. Technically you can do it however you like but I feel the manual is wrong.

FYI, the YF-30 has one of the simplest, most straightforward transformations of any Valk yet.

Yeah kinda but I still reckon the v2 Yamato VF-1 gives it a good run for its money! I can switch it from fighter to battroid in about a minute whislt being careful doing so!

Edited by spanner76

Anyone else having trouble opening the two flaps for the front landing gear? I can't seem to get them to open whatsoever, and i'm afraid of putting too much stress on them if I brute force it. Do they pull out, then open, or just swing open from their original position?

Anyone else having trouble opening the two flaps for the front landing gear? I can't seem to get them to open whatsoever, and i'm afraid of putting too much stress on them if I brute force it. Do they pull out, then open, or just swing open from their original position?

They swing out from two hinges, but needs a bit of force to get them open.

Congrats to all you happy Chronos owners. The user pics on this thread do the YF-30 more favours than the official pics. I have to say I was originally underwhelmed by the look of this Valk in fighter mode which is why I didn't preorder it. Gerwalk and Batdroid both look awesome though making me think...

post-17939-0-86880300-1407923829.jpg

Edited by Moosey

Just transformed mine! Awesome piece! Just watch out with the contacts on the black paint ;) Looks good with the missiles and MDE missiles from the VF-171 EX CF.

I taped as usual ^_^ The black paint the goes underneath the chest as well as underneath the arm for the missile rack behind the cockpit

67D72B59-5F33-4AAB-9520-5AE95D5E8E02.jpg

Which kind of tape is it? I there any risk of lifting up the paint if it stays with the tape too long?

not sure what that stuff is but I have used the 3M (green) Marine tape for the Frontier Valks I've switched to Battroid.. its great stuff! lasts ages and doesn't leave any sticky residue or do damage to surfaces.

post-21335-0-67259600-1407935703.jpg

Edited by spanner76

Which kind of tape is it? I there any risk of lifting up the paint if it stays with the tape too long?

I use this one by Tamiya http://amzn.to/1urT4N1 so far it hasnt given me any problems and I tape all of my Bandai valks and the Arcadia YF-19. Also i have some taped to the cutting board that has been there for a while and it doesnt leave any residue.

Battlroid brace isn't that bad...you can hardly see it. I did notice this one little swing joint at the under body when you got into gerwalk and you can swing that to the waist piece and hold it there on the edge and BAM! No floppy floppy.

Battlroid brace isn't that bad...you can hardly see it. I did notice this one little swing joint at the under body when you got into gerwalk and you can swing that to the waist piece and hold it there on the edge and BAM! No floppy floppy.

pictures please, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I finally got my YF-30 yesterday, but didn't get a chance to open it till today because I wasn't feeling well yesterday and passed out.

I really like it and for some reason I was expecting it to be a bit larger that it is... All the joints are tight, it holds poses well and the braces are not always needed. Overall I am happy with it. :D

Edited by Saburo

So Just a warning to YF-30 owners, the Gunpod back attachment is a total pain to remove if you insert it fully into stock while the front barrels are extended.

Not only is it a very tight fit when inserted into the stock, There are no tabs or anything to take it back out.

In addition, if you put the back piece fully in, you cannot collapse your gunpod.

To remedy this, I cut off a piece of the back attachment at an angle as below.

post-25-0-98588300-1407971053_thumb.jpg

The back attachment still works in fighter mode for a secure fit.

When the gunpod is extended, you can fully insert the piece.

post-25-0-71730200-1407971508_thumb.jpg

With the angle cut, when you close the gunpod, the backpiece automatically is pushed out due to the angle, and you can pull it out with ease.

post-25-0-19973200-1407971520_thumb.jpg

I figure Bandai meant to make it like this, but somehow they..er.. flubbed it? lol

Edited by Duymon

I finally got my YF-30 yesterday, but didn't get a chance to open it till today because I wasn't feeling well yesterday and passed out.

I really like it and for some reason I was expecting it to be a bit larger that it is... All the joints are tight, it holds poses well and the braces are not always needed. Overall I am happy with it. :D

But we will not be happy till we see pictures. :lol:

I'm also looking forward to MacrossJunkie's weathered YF-30 photos.

But we will not be happy till we see pictures. :lol:

I'm also looking forward to MacrossJunkie's weathered YF-30 photos.

Haha ok. :D I am working on processing the photos from the YF-30 shoot. ;)

MJ's weathered VF-30 is going to look amazing, can't wait to see that too. :D

I also got my first unit yesterday, I did not have a lot of time to mess with it yet, but so far the paint looks good on this sample. I did also notice the pilot issue someone else here mentioned. It's like he wants to lean to the left. I looked at the seat and am guessing he is supposed to be pressure fit in between the little tabs in there, but am not sure. I can get him in there it just seems like he is not molded to fit this cockpit perfectly.

I am in the camp that feels like the tail fins should have had detention so that the tail fins would click in to the position it should be in at least for fighter mode at least.

The paint is nice on this valk, I am glad Bandai decided to cut the gloss finish for this release and go with the matte finish. I have not transformed it yet so I cannot comment on that yet.

So far I am happy I bought a couple of these, but I reserve my right to change my mind once I fully play with the thing.