Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

mine doesn't have these problems at all and it can stand up just fine in Gerwalk.

The QC on these things is definitely not consistent. The first 30 was ridiculously tight. The second one didn't want to hold Gerwalk without the brace at all. it would flop back. And the connection for the legs in Battroid is, in a word, atrocious. Really, that entire torso connection area is bad. Arcadia would (and has, VF-4) gotten it right. Bandai are still the inept morons they always have been. It could have been the greatest, most poseable, Valk ever made but the connection points are so questionable it's a bit of a fidgety mess to make work. The braces are mandatory if you want to have any fun posing it.

Ok. Atleast Mommar says it clear that QC is not consistent. First one he has is tight. And the second one won't hold during Gerwalk mode. And anime52k8 doesn't have problems on his. Well, atleast now we hear all the negative ones after we saw all those good ooh's and aah's photos 2-3 days ago. So those brackets should be put whether the copies are loose or tight.

Still, looking forward for my copy. Will let you guys know what kind of copy will I get. ;)

Well my YF-30 finally arrived this morning.. a few little hassles..

There are a few little paint scratches here n there though nothing that cant be carefully touched up I guess. There looks to be a stress mark in the plastic around the left hand side wing root hinge area.. like its been carelessly transformed previously.

The little locating tabs don't seem to lock in place so well either and keep popping out particularly on the underside where the left leg sits up against the missile pod and where the left wing sits up against the left leg.

The folding wing tip sections don't seem to want to lock into place very well either and sag down a little.

The pilot is standard issue DX junk, no better than the VF-25/29 pilots. Thought Dandai would've stepped up the quality a little there but no.. and the pilot just doesn't want to sit center in the cockpit and leans a tad to the left.. Not liking the design they chose to fix the vertical stabilizers (rudders) to the plane. They really do need a small notch or something there to indicate that you have them sitting on the correct angle when in fighter mode. And they seem like over time they could become loose with excessive use and not sit where you want them or just fall off.. Also its strange they made provisions for wing mounted missiles etc but not include any with the plane?

On the plus side the paint scheme looks great and its nice to have the 'no step' markings pre-applied. And the box is nice, follows the trend of previous releases.

I hate to sound like im having a major whinge here as yes the 30 does look very cool and I do like it, its just that I am a little disappointed and expected better especially considering its a brand new toy, new design etc etc.. still a little better than previous DX VF's the 30 doesn't really come across as a significant step forward in terms of build & finish quality. Feels like the YF-30 I received has left side loose and floppiness issues and although it was sealed its almost like it was second hand..

Either way im happy I bought it and that its finally here and yes its still a sexy plane but I don't think I'll be purchasing any more of em..

attachicon.gif20140812_1205571.jpg

Sorry to hear about your Chronos, spanner. Any quick remedy on the wings?

Sorry to hear about your Chronos, spanner. Any quick remedy on the wings?

nahh not really.. As long as im gentle when handling the Valk they seem ok and stay put so im not gonna bother fiddling with em.. I touched up some of the more obvious paint chips so now she sitting pretty!

The first 30....what? Dude there's even things Yamato/Arcadia didn't get right, like broken shoulders, or being so cheap on the plastic quality it yellowed. Those are things that potentially ruin a figure's appearance and resell value. A floppy joint or to tight of one, or having to use a brace are not that big of a deal and isn't distracting in my opinion.

I own two 30's, reading comprehension.

Okay, this brings up a question I had. Why do some of these valks come with two different head lasers? One set is soft and the other is hard plastic? Can someone please tell me how this is useful?

To avoid breaking while transforming and transport I guess?

Okay, this brings up a question I had. Why do some of these valks come with two different head lasers? One set is soft and the other is hard plastic? Can someone please tell me how this is useful?

it caters to both uses: One is playing with the toy and the other is for displaying it.

My YF-30 out the box came with no chips and is tight. The only paint problem I see is in the missile pod connection piece. I removed the missile pod and and moved the piece up and down and the paint chipped alittle.post-29471-0-86530700-1407857250_thumb.jpg

My first 30 is due in today, I've got two more due in by the end of the week, then, all three are off to storage! I'm tempted to mess with one before I store them, but if I do that I can't sell it as brand new later, quite the conundrum, fighter looks pretty cool but the rest is very meh in my opinion, especially that brace thing, that is totally weak.

My first 30 is due in today, I've got two more due in by the end of the week, then, all three are off to storage! I'm tempted to mess with one before I store them, but if I do that I can't sell it as brand new later, quite the conundrum, fighter looks pretty cool but the rest is very meh in my opinion, especially that brace thing, that is totally weak.

If you purchased with the expressed intent to flip then it's not a conundrum at all.

-b.

so you just bought these to sell them later at a higher price? Thats the MW spirit....

I'm moving to California in November, it's going to expensive, I've also ordered three sets of all the Hot Toys Guardians of the Galaxy releases. It is what it is folks, after seeing the 29 Ozma and a couple other releases disappear, I figured it was a good investment and an easy way to make some cash after the move while also leading into the super expensive holidays.

I'm moving to California in November, it's going to expensive, I've also ordered three sets of all the Hot Toys Guardians of the Galaxy releases. It is what it is folks, after seeing the 29 Ozma and a couple other releases disappear, I figured it was a good investment and an easy way to make some cash after the move while also leading into the super expensive holidays.

Judgement Free Zone over here, do what you have to. And as fine a line as it may be, this doesn't look like scalping to me.

I've had to sell quite a few items in a pinch. Sometimes at a loss, others at a profit - in either case it's just a matter of liquidating what are essentially assets. And it beats tapping savings or some other asset.

I just paid Private Warehouse shipping for the 30 and 25F I had sitting at HLJ. Hopefully they ship out once HLJ opens for business today (well, Japan local time).

-b.

Judgement Free Zone over here, do what you have to. And as fine a line as it may be, this doesn't look like scalping to me.

I've had to sell quite a few items in a pinch. Sometimes at a loss, others at a profit - in either case it's just a matter of liquidating what are essentially assets. And it beats tapping savings or some other asset.

I just paid Private Warehouse shipping for the 30 and 25F I had sitting at HLJ. Hopefully they ship out once HLJ opens for business today (well, Japan local time).

-b.

I think it's about the lack of tact of saying so, while in a thread where people still don't have one.

I think it's about the lack of tact of saying so, while in a thread where people still don't have one.

I find it hard to believe there are many members without yf-30's considering CDJ was open for an eternity and even AE had a few up for a few days post release

I see nothing wrong with this at all. It's a good investment and he had the money to buy them, hold them, and sell them. Back to the thread, has supply dried up on these? I haven't browsed any sites yet. If so, I'm glad I managed to slip in a pre-order back in the day.

And I agree, the 25S has been the most elusive piece.

Edited by sreichma

I noticed on my 30 that the right upper and lower part of the foot thruster does not line up. After opening it, there is no way I'm going to transform it. Let's all focus and bother anymoon now over and over again for a review.

I noticed that on mine too. I pulled the foot out and realigned it but it comes off alignment pretty easily.

Putting money into Hot Toys is a bad idea. They print those things like the Franklin mint.

You can barely get full MSRP back, and this is 6 months out from release. Not to mention they reprint everything or do a new version every year.

Even the sideshow "exclusives" are easy to get.

They just make too many of them.

Not that people don't buy them, but they want a deal with all the inventory floating around.

Good luck to you though.

Edited by Gakken85

Putting money into Hot Toys is a bad idea. They print those things like the Franklin mint.

You can barely get full MSRP back, and this is 6 months out from release. Not to mention they reprint everything or do a new version every year.

Even the sideshow "exclusives" are easy to get.

They just make too many of them.

Not that people don't buy them, but they want a deal with all the inventory floating around.

Good luck to you though.

Not true, especially for Iron Man armors which are always seeing a different version of armor being released. Those are the only Hot Toys items I've ever bought and/or sold, but every single one, every one, including those that I had on display for years sold well over MSRP.

On topic, there is still chance additional orders will open up on HLJ since they have the YF-30 listed as Order Stop vs. Discontinued.

-b.

Mine came in today. Looks great. I've not yet attempted to transform the thing because this YF-30 (in addition to the VF-25F Renewal shipped with it) are my first two Bandai mecha from Frontier. I'll transform the VF-25 tonight and study the YF-30 Chronos before transforming it.