Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

I agree. This Valkyrie will most likely be available at a small markup upon release date.

Also: available at NY again!!! CHARGE!!!

With Amiami I think a lot of people miss another angle. They actually list and sell preorders on rakuten also. You are competing against a wider audience than just the users of the Amiami site.

Edited by Loop

Dammit i missed NY. I forget. Does NY require a payment up front?

No. Which is why a lot of members still use them. Gives you a some time to save up unlike other sites such as anime export and cdjapan which require payment up front.

No, you can pay later at NY

No. Which is why a lot of members still use them. Gives you a some time to save up unlike other sites such as anime export and cdjapan which require payment up front.

thanks you two.

Anyways just letting you know, NY doesnt allow cancellations for PO's anymore. So be careful if you are just ordering to be safe and thinking of cancelling if you find a better deal. Had alot of trouble trying to cancel one of my pre orders a while ago.

edit:Lol looks like Saitousad had it covered while I was typing this

Edited by close313

Ok, a noob question on PO dates. Is HLJ like this? They don't participate on the PO rush contest? Was hoping HLJ will offer lower price soon since a lot of people have already PO'ed over AmiAmi, HobbySearch and NY, etc. :rolleyes:

But for sure, once HLJ posts theirs those same people who PO'ed on the other sites will still nab a piece over at HLJ. :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Don't bother hovering at HLJ, they won't post it the opening time.

looks like you called it right.... but i sometimes a rare occasion they do open on time...lol

ok, let me make a distinction...

no matter what.... the pre-orders will go instantly. and people will be upset for a 10 sec window. and everyone will fall for it saying yes! they got one or two blah blah etc... and there will be angry people how missed it. (that won't determine whether this is popular or not) at least for the first wave of pre-orders. then NY will bring a second wave with an incremental hike in price which people will bite on and will sell out then a third wave with a jacked up price which people will count how many is left.

that happened with every release so far including the 171's which are garbage and the 25a mass production which as still avail.

what usually a telltale sign is how much NY jacks it up the price by the 2 or 3rd wave and also if there is restocks like at cd japan.

i'm going to predict all this is going to happen but at release these will be still avail at cost or lower.

looks like it's going as scheduled.

edite
Edited by davidwhangchoi

Anyways just letting you know, NY doesnt allow cancellations for PO's anymore. So be careful if you are just ordering to be safe and thinking of cancelling if you find a better deal. Had alot of trouble trying to cancel one of my pre orders a while ago.

ahhh, glad to see I'm not alone.

How did you get them to cancel your order eventually? I'm kinda stuck with an extra figma I would rather not have shipped alone, or could get cheaper elsewhere hahah

Ok, a noob question on PO dates. Is HLJ like this? They don't participate on the PO rush contest? Was hoping HLJ will offer lower price soon since a lot of people have already PO'ed over AmiAmi, HobbySearch and NY, etc. :rolleyes:

But for sure, once HLJ posts theirs those same people who PO'ed on the other sites will still nab a piece over at HLJ. :lol:

HLJ is kind of a wild card.

Aside from camping, there's no way to know when they open, or be notified of when it does go up. I think a web page monitor helps, but the ones I used updated a little too frequently over every minute changes HLJ made. Maybe I'm just going about this wrongly.

I was given this reply yesterday on facebook while attempting to cancel 5 pre-orders :p

Hello We don't accept any cancellation on a pre order paid or unpaid. Following too many cancellation we do not accept anymore cancellation paid or unpaid. Our suppliers do not allow us any of them now Any unpaid order or cancellation will conduct to the termination of your account. Kind Regards, Nippon-yasan.Com

But somehow I managed to cancel them anyway when I used the live support chat on the NY website :huh:

when did that happen? because I canceled an order maybe a month ago and they where very chill about it. Much more so than AmiAmi anyways.

since the most recent revamp it seems.. at least for me. they're no longer chill about cancellations. They didn't even bother to update their policy page.

Guess, that's the price to pay. I'm ready to be blacklisted. Hehehe. ^_^

But then again, how many weeks, months, or years before you can re-register again? Do they block IP address too? Or just your profile info such as name, shipping/billing addresses, email address, credit card numbers, etc? Time to play Shadow Games. :ph34r:

ahhh, glad to see I'm not alone.

How did you get them to cancel your order eventually? I'm kinda stuck with an extra figma I would rather not have shipped alone, or could get cheaper elsewhere hahah

I had to.. beg lol. I explained why I technically only cancelled one time before (i had two cancellations then) and beg 2x with my explanation to allow me one last one. They did tell me about terminating accounts for anymore cancellations but luckily they showed mercy.

actually they did update somewhere in their policy page, just that it's one sentence everyone could miss. Its under pre-orders or something (see I can't even remember where it is hahaha)

Edited by close313

HLJ is kind of a wild card.

Aside from camping, there's no way to know when they open, or be notified of when it does go up. I think a web page monitor helps, but the ones I used updated a little too frequently over every minute changes HLJ made. Maybe I'm just going about this wrongly.

Thanks Saitou. I guess I need to do is look out every 5-10 mins. And keep my webpage open. ^_^

CD Japan doesn't charge until it ships if you're paying via credit card though

Also, just a heads up - NY seems to be disallowing cancellations since the revamp. Either that, or if you made to many cancellations, they'll not allow it anymore.

Thanks Saitou. I wasn't even aware CDJapan took credit card payments.

I had to.. beg lol. I explained why I technically only cancelled one time before (i had two cancellations then) and beg 2x with my explanation to allow me one last one. They did tell me about terminating accounts for anymore cancellations but luckily they showed mercy.

actually they did update somewhere in their policy page, just that it's one sentence everyone could miss. Its under pre-orders or something (see I can't even remember where it is hahaha)

I guess I'll try grovelling to their live chat personnel....

When I tried to cancel, they hadn't updated it yet. I then pointed it out about why it wasn't updated if they didn't allow cancellations anymore :X Maybe that's what prompted them to do so.

Just got in an order.

Think I'm gonna keep this order for a couple of reasons; all the cheap priced/shipping/duty (they'll state lower prices for shipping slip) shops are sold out for sure. Anime-Export will be cheap but I don't wanna pay now... HLJ will be cheaper but I don't wanna get dinged on duty because they always state the correct price on shipping... and whenever I get dinged here in Canada, 9 outta 10 times it's something from that store. Of course, if the pirce from NY was any higher then I woulda had to pause and think about it.

Edited by D_Unit