Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Still not in the fence for this one. <_<

That T bar missile rack is killing it for me.

Was it so hard for Kawamori to make it swivel and take a more traditional FP shape, it would still be functional.

Piss poor photoshop attempt at what I mean.

because the way it is now looks much better.

Good question. Hopefully there's an armature that folds down to hold it, like on the Renewal 25's.

I was trying to get a look at the bottom of the fighter as I was thinking the same thing. I can't see where an armature could even be tucked on this thing.

Good question. Hopefully there's an armature that folds down to hold it, like on the Renewal 25's.

That would be, if possible, a practical solution. But at the same time, this would mean that SK has not covered all flanks, because keeping the gun in place while scrolling the missile rack would involve a good deal of anime magic. I hope SK and Bandai surprise me.

Arrrggghhhh, out of all the times why do they always pick 16:00h JST!!!

That is 09:00h here in Germany, work time, meaning I do not even get the chance to take part on the pre-order game.

And why open up a pre-order when it is almost EOB, that makes no sense to me!?

Still not in the fence for this one. <_<

That T bar missile rack is killing it for me.

Was it so hard for Kawamori to make it swivel and take a more traditional FP shape, it would still be functional.

Piss poor photoshop attempt at what I mean.

I assume that the standard weapon bay resembles the missile rack of the Reguld Light Missile Carrier:

reguld-light.gif

Maybe a second weapon bay resembles the Heavy Missile Carrier:

reguld-heavy.gif

So maybe the Chronos is a hybrid of a Valkyrie and a Reguld much like the YF-21/VF-22 is a hybrid of a Valkyrie and a Queadluun-Rau. So there is already one idea for Bandai to design an additional weapon upgrade set. :)

Images courtesy of the Macross Mecha Manual (http://www.macross2.net/m3/m3.html)

Edited by Scyla

If antibiotictab can find out how the front landing gear retracts without hitting the gunpod in fighter mode, that would be great!

The side profile seems to imply that it's impossible to retract the nose landing gear without removing the gunpod first. :(

that's nothing new for DX.

What I mean is that so far all the valks we've got from Bandai allow the landing gears to retract into the plane without interference from the gunpod.

However, the side profile released by Bandai of the DX yf-30 seems to indicate the the gun barrel is mounted too far forward in fighter mode, such that the nose landing gear is sure to hit the gun barrel if you tried to pull it out or retract it into the wheel well. The tip of the gunpod is just in the way of the nose wheel as the picture below shows.

post-10287-0-25175200-1398607339_thumb.jpg

Except the VF-27.

Well the VF-27 can split his beam gun-pod to allow the front landing gear to swing out which is line-art accurate if my mind serves me correctly.

What I mean is that so far all the valks we've got from Bandai allow the landing gears to retract into the plane without interference from the gunpod.

However, the side profile released by Bandai of the DX yf-30 seems to indicate the the gun barrel is mounted too far forward in fighter mode, such that the nose landing gear is sure to hit the gun barrel if you tried to pull it out or retract it into the wheel well. The tip of the gunpod is just in the way of the nose wheel as the picture below shows.

If you look at this picture

item_0000010693_w8Q88hg9_12.jpg

There are two slots in the missile bay. I assume that you can attach the gun-pod handle into these slots. Maybe on the image in your post it is attached to the forward slot.

Edited by Scyla

I assume that the standard weapon bay resembles the missile rack of the Reguld Light Missile Carrier:

Also you have to remember that in addition to Macross, Kawamori was the main mechanical designer for the Armored Core series for years and lots of AC's weapons are big boxy missile launchers.

post-1819-0-58070500-1398610760_thumb.jpg

Also some of the head designs are very similar to Valkyrie heads.

from here

http://www.interq.or.jp/earth/sloppy/ac/love-pd.htm

Also you have to remember that in addition to Macross, Kawamori was the main mechanical designer for the Armored Core series for years and lots of AC's weapons are big boxy missile launchers.

attachicon.gifn-lovepd.jpg

Also some of the head designs are very similar to Valkyrie heads.

from here

http://www.interq.or.jp/earth/sloppy/ac/love-pd.htm

Now that you mentioned it... WHEELING03 from AC:fA

03.jpg

Huh. So the 30 is the amalgamation of a lot of Froating Head's passions. Thanks for that. Perhaps he could make a book of ALL his mecha designs with some explanation of his thought process while designing them. That'd be very interesting... provided a good English translation was available.

He actually stopped working on Armored Core when they transitioned to the PS3 (other than the design of WHITE GLINT) but the influence is certainly there :3

OH, no wonder the white glint seem to always stick out for me in the game. It has a very distinct look from the other NEXTs.Granted that all of the base designs were different but the WG had a different feel altogether. Too bad it went down one way or another.

Ok keeping on topic, I hope I can get this valk tomorrow. But I always fail due to the laggy item page(ami ami and HS..two times already. Wonder if HLJ is going to do another typo like last time.

Huh. So the 30 is the amalgamation of a lot of Froating Head's passions. Thanks for that. Perhaps he could make a book of ALL his mecha designs with some explanation of his thought process while designing them. That'd be very interesting... provided a good English translation was available.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/shoji/shoji_design_works.htm

This book actually covers a fairly wide sampling of his work but if you wanted an in depth look it's easier to track down some individual Armored Core art books and just look at the pre-production and finalized designs.

I have one that covers the PS1 games where one of the flying power suit enemies is unmistakably the origins of the Reactive Armor VF-0.

Anyone know what the text is on the tampo that is placed on each missile bay door? I also noticed on the YF-25 that the ejection seat warning tampo is much more detailed with the actual text of Ejection and Danger around the perimeter of the triangle. The 30 and the 25's just have a hollow triangle.

I am buying this because I am insane and completely compromised. I am hoping though that we see a 30 in the gray that we saw on the prototype.

Yeah, I think its too much for a naked Valk, but what can you do? It's not worth it, but I'll probably still try to get it. I only wished my job had raises like these toy prices! I'm still a little disappointed from my Arcadia YF-19 purchase for the amount they asked for it!

This is why I decide not to collect toys from many different sci fi shows or anime shows. It's cost prohibitive to me.

I can only afford this stuff because I made a promise to myself not to collect anything else. If these things could be released locally we'd all be much better off, the prices would be cheap, and the companies would be making bigger quanitity. and there would be no scalpers after you missed out on the initial releases. They have us by the balls and they know it. lol

So which website do you guys think will have these up for PO first ?? (HLJ Amiami NY) there is nothing posted on all 3 pages. Is this only on the tamashi website ?

erikos0311, wondering the same thing. Is it normal to hold off till the last minute?? Well it will be an early day for me on the EST.

With you there. I only collect Macross, and not many of those. Everything is bloody expensive, so I have to choose what I get in advance. Helps to have limited display space, too!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Don't bother hovering at HLJ, they won't post it the opening time.

that's usually true but they threw everyone off and opened pre-orders for the ozma 29 (or i think it was the prophecy) opening night, under a wrong spelling title (no one could search for it).

Edited by davidwhangchoi