Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

I don't know why people are getting all worked up about what real plane a fake plane looks like. :lol:

Leon: What manner o' thing is your YF-30?

Mina: It is shap'd, sir, like itself, and it is as broad as it hath breadth; it is just as high as it is, and moves with its own engines. It flies by that which fuel it, and the elements once out of it, it explodes.

Leon: What color is it of?

Mina: Of its own color too.

Leon: 'Tis a strange valkyrie.

Mina: 'Tis so. And the missiles of it are missiley.

:p

Edited by Chronocidal

Heheh...don't know if anyone is really worked up. I just wanna read more stuff in the YF-30 thread. Wish there was more info out there. Plus that T-50 is dreamy :)

Sorry, still don't see it. I mean just the position of the engines alone and the fact that we know Kawamori is all about Sukhoi...

Characteristics that resemble the T-50:

-Position of engines

-Tail boom

Characteristics that resemble the J-20:

-Delta wings

-Canards

-Lack of tailerons

-Overall proportions

Perhaps the lack of tailerons shouldn't count, (since that's a Macross staple), but I think the J-20 still has more defining characteristics in common with the YF-30 than the T-50 even without mentioning that trait. And what does liking Sukhoi designs have to do with anything? We all like Sukhoi designs. They are pretty planes, no doubt about it. But that doesn't mean Kawamori has never designed any VFs after planes that weren't Sukhoi. The VF-1/0 was a Tomcat. The YF-21 was a Black Widow. The VF-17 was a Nighthawk. The VF-14 was a BlackBird. The VA-3 was an Intruder. VF-5000 was a Raptor. Etc...etc... Not all his designs are inspired by Sukhoi. Most of them aren't.

Characteristics that resemble the T-50:

-Position of engines

-Tail boom

-Delta wings

-Canards

-Lack of tailerons

-Overall proportions

Perhaps the lack of tailerons shouldn't count, (since that's a Macross staple), but I think the J-20 still has more defining characteristics in common with the YF-30 than the T-50 even without mentioning that trait. And what does liking Sukhoi designs have to do with anything? We all like Sukhoi designs. They are pretty planes, no doubt about it. But that doesn't mean Kawamori has never designed any VFs after planes that weren't Sukhoi. The VF-1/0 was a Tomcat. The YF-21 was a Black Widow. The VF-17 was a Nighthawk. The VF-14 was a BlackBird. The VA-3 was an Intruder. VF-5000 was a Raptor. Etc...etc... Not all his designs are inspired by Sukhoi. Most of them aren't.

I still think the overall proportions resemble the T-50 more. Just look at where the wing starts for example on the leading edge. The J-20 starts further back and the trailing edge ends further back.

Yeah...I know a lot of his other designs are inspired by other planes that are not Sukhoi. Didn't say that Sukhoi was the only designs he draws from. This one in particular screams Sukhoi to me.

Agree to disagree, I guess B))

-Delta wings

-Canards

-Lack of tailerons

-Overall proportions

Same could be said of a Rafale and a Typhoon, save perhaps the last one. The J-20 looks like an elongated box with wings, there's more to comparing just the top down planview. I agree with what you said about Kawamori being very varied with his source of inspiration though.

self-described crapy pictures aside, that such a pretty bird. Thank you for posting.

Come on Bandai, let's see some new pictures of the 3D CAD, like you've been doing with your new 1/72 VF-1 kit, or an actual prototype model that's further along in the development process... please...

I really like the colour scheme. I don't like the gerwalk mode very much but whatever.

Yeah the gerwalk mode seems really silly, wish the rear fuselage would be able to collapse in like the -21, it's way too long. This is probably heresy but I'm fine with a fighter mode only model/toy for this bird.

I could sit here and say that I have reservations on Gerwalk mode but I also REALLy hated the VF-17 Gerwalk and the 17S head but after buying a few of the toys and seeing/being able to manipulate them in 3D it's very well possible I'll have none of those issues. I'd rather cheer-lead Bandai actually making one (or more with better/different color schemes.)

Pictures right up to Gerwalk, but none for Battroid - that is very hurtful of you Duymon ^_^

Because Battroid sucks and you never used battroid in Macross 30 anyways. Seriously I already finished the game on ultimate I know :D

Edited by Duymon