Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

True. I also tried to find some screenshots of the YF-30 schemes but didn't find much. I don't know how hard it is to make screenshots from a PS3 but if someone can supply us with more images just do it.

I really would love to see more of the YF-30. :)

If you press the PS button along with the home button it will take a screenshot. But not all games support it though.

I think you can do screen captures with one of those capture cards right? But yeah, most people don't own one of those (unless you do Youtube gaming commentary or reviews or something), and taking a camera pic is probably easier :)

Either way, since this is a different transformation from the VF-25, I'm excited. Hoping to see more legitimate pics soon...

I definitely prefer the look of the YF-30 to the VF-25. The transformation in Macross 30 looks really cool too, keeping the pilot upright the whole time like in the VF-4. I hope this is a web exclusive so that I can order multiples, one for each mode :D

The only downside to this one is that giant bulky missile pod. Aside from that, it looks really similar to the SV-51. Nose folds under the cockpit and backwards, the legs seem to actually stay in place while the pelvis rotates down, meaning we might have a full-on waist joint.

The arms seem kind of unnecessarily complicated though. They lay along side the legs like the SV-51, but that angled fin-shaped panel on the forearm is actually a piece of the underside of the wing. There's a few folding panels that open up, and the arms bury themselves in the wing root.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are all wrong. It looks like it was inspired by the J-20 more than the T-50 or YF-23.

I don't know as much about planes than some people here but even I can see that is no J-20.

Plus the J20 is ugly as sin.

The extreme perspectives of the 3/4 concept art view makes the wings look more delta than they actually are, I suppose. I'll concede that. But, I still see more in common with the silhouette of the J-20. I really don't see any T-50 in it. The delta wing + canards, narrow fuselage, and lack of tailerons are more common to the J-20.

2vtxydk.jpg

Edited by Vic Mancini

It's a combination of the two.Those little flaps might look like they're from the J-20 but if you fill in the gaps on the front end of the wings up to those flaps and the backs of the wings you're pretty much going to see the body of the T-50. Even the width of the feet thrusters is the same as the T-50. The rear stabilizers look like they're taken from the J-20, but even still they're significantly wider, more like the J-20

I feel the same way. With a shorter nose cone and filled gaps between the canards and the wings you pretty much have the T-50. The J-20 has a very stretched fuselage (especially in the jet engine part) that you don't find on the YF-30 in my opinion.

I dunno about real aircraft, to me it's just an SV-51 with delta wings. :p On multiple levels even. The way it transforms is extremely similar, the shoulder covers just got blended into the main wing, and covered up with a bunch of little opening flaps.

I'm still waiting to hear more about it, but I'd be okay with a kit instead of some blink-and-you-miss-it DX release. Battroid just doesn't do it for me because of the giant box hanging over its head.

The extreme perspectives of the 3/4 concept art view makes the wings look more delta than they actually are, I suppose. I'll concede that. But, I still see more in common with the silhouette of the J-20. I really don't see any T-50 in it. The delta wing + canards, narrow fuselage, and lack of tailerons are more common to the J-20.

2vtxydk.jpg

except the intake of engine... YF-30 is totally a J-20... I don't know why so many guys are say it looks like T-50...

T-50 at least has the tailplane...