Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

I think he was being sarcastic. If he wasn't well...

I think the bridge bunnies are more macho than those three.

Damn I have to use more smiles. Is one with a sarcasm sign available? :p

Edited by Scyla

Gentlemen please! Let us not compare the sizes of their nosecones here. We have more important issues to consider!

When's it gonna be sold out?

You didn't get one!? They already sold out 2 nights ago at the major vendors! :p

Chris

I want this.....the only problem is that I bet this is going to be another limited quantity or web exclusive. I will never be able to find one just like the renewals. I somehow got lucky and got the first one but I have missed out on everyone since.

If this happens to be a web exclusive, the MSRP may be somewhat higher than the post YF-29 general release Frontier DX line, but it should also be easily attainable just like all the accessory packs for the 25, 29, and 171 have been... where Bandai's MF DX efforts are concerned, web exclusive is actually a good thing.

Hahahaha :D

I really want this thing! The only thing that looks odd is the missile pod FAST pack in fighter mode.

While I suppose you could consider it a FAST Pack, its more of an exchangable weapons bay module. Especially since there's a gaping hole in the fuselage between the engines when you remove it. That said, Kawamori has stated that there will be different configuration of modules to swap with. I hope that they don't forego giving it a Super Pack or FAST Pack because of its swappable modules, but I wouldn't mind if they had one of the modules be a booster engine similar to the VF-0's Ghost Booster. That would make up for it I think.

I wonder if the toy will come with different modules or if they'll sell them separately...?

Did I see a gray and black YF-29 in the in game pic? Now if that gets made I'm getting back into collecting.

Yeah, there are several YF-29's in the game so far:

YF-29 (Probably gray. I'm assuming they'll have the non-custom, since they seem to have a default non-custom version of every fighter, even the YF-19 and YF-21)

YF-29 Alto Custom (Red, movie color scheme)

YF-29 Isamu Custom (same color scheme as the YF-19)

YF-29 Ozma Custom (Black with buffalo skull on the back, has a different visor and three eyes)

YF-29B Rod Custom (All black, different colored exhaust)

Not sure if they're going to make a green YF-25 Prophecy (Leon Sakaki Custom) but if they ever do maybe they'll make a YF-29B Rod Custom too. Probably not good to keep your hopes up though, since they seem to be going right ahead with the YF-30 instead of doing the protagonists' variable fighters...(Though the YF-30 is arguably Leon's fighter too)

Edited by TyrValein

I think this one is actually quite a bit different from the others in terms of transformation. If I'm judging what I saw from the lego version correctly

Yeah i've been studying that video... seems to me the cockpit stays horizontal... the nose rotates down 180 degrees to a position below and slightly behind the cockpit... there are 2 sets of LERX / forks: the upper fork brings the chest up over and down on top of the cockpit, therefore protecting it... the lower fork brings the hips down and forward, clearing the tucked nose, and up against the bottom of the cockpit.

The fighter mode definitely looks beautiful. If the main mission of the YF-30 is to fulfill the interception role, it should definitely have wing suspended ordnance, probably medium to long range missiles. It looks way simpler than the YF-29, also less armed (no internal missile banks that I know of so far, except for that big missile container) and lighter (regarding its two engines platform). The YF-29 always looked to me as an overkilling platform due to it was meant to fight the Vajra threat, obviously meaning the use of a bast array of guns and missiles against an overwhelming enemy.

I'd love to have at least a Bandai 1/100 model. But the utmost wish of mine would be getting a Hasegawa 1/72 of this beauty :rolleyes: . I know this probably will never happen, and if it does, it's not going to be on a near future. :(

how did i miss that this thread existed?! haha. this thing is beautiful and it will be mine! the fighter mode may be one of my favorites from this generation of macross valks (yf-24 to vf-30). With yamato all but perfecting the vf-1 in 2008/9 to these bandai frontier valks we are in a golden age of macross. Lets keep the parade going and hope we do get a new macross series soon though. the frontier aesthetic (no matter how it is tweaked ) has been around for 5 years. bandai's hand in the design detailing of these valks is evident as they are very "gundamy".

The 29/30 duo kind off reminds me to the 19/21 one. The 19 and 29 are similar and though ages apart there are some similarities with the 21 and 30. It would be nice to have an OVA featuring these two, "fighting" over which one would be the next CF fighter.

The 29/30 duo kind off reminds me to the 19/21 one. The 19 and 29 are similar and though ages apart there are some similarities with the 21 and 30. It would be nice to have an OVA featuring these two, "fighting" over which one would be the next CF fighter.

Now that you mention this similarity, All the VFs ending in 9 (VF-9, VF-19, YF-29) have a forward-swept wing configuration...

While I suppose you could consider it a FAST Pack, its more of an exchangable weapons bay module. Especially since there's a gaping hole in the fuselage between the engines when you remove it. That said, Kawamori has stated that there will be different configuration of modules to swap with. I hope that they don't forego giving it a Super Pack or FAST Pack because of its swappable modules, but I wouldn't mind if they had one of the modules be a booster engine similar to the VF-0's Ghost Booster. That would make up for it I think.

I wonder if the toy will come with different modules or if they'll sell them separately...?

Ahh yeah you're right. Now that I see that the module can store neatly in fighter mode I like it even more.

The 29 has grown on me a lot since I first saw it. I really like the anniversary paint scheme too. I've warmed up to it enough I might try and find one of the versions for sale. It's a bit busy for a valk but I don't see it as super robot-y either.

As for the 30, I dig it but I'm not sure I'd try and camp a website for it. But for the right paint scheme who knows.

I know I'm a broken record, but I wonder if it'd be hard to fix the tail fins like this...

Gonna agree with ErikElvis. I like em better the other way. This is not bad but it's "been there, done that."

Edited by xrentonx