• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Poster:

Electro, I can get behind. The Goblin? Green or Hob...I can understand. But Robo-Rhino????? We're going that route with Rhino huh?

This isn't the first time Rhino had robotic power armor. And besides, classic Rhino was stupid anyways.

I want it to be good, but that trailer already feels too crowded for me to have much faith. Though it does look like Rhino might be more of an intro baddie or periphery character (why bother casting Giomatti then?) Also, what's with baby-face, emo Harry?

Didn't care much for the first one given its "already been there" plot and Peter turning into a whiny douche. This trailer doesn't excite me either, and all I could think is movie Iron Man could kill all 3 bad guys fairly easily. Still I will most likely give it a shot.

I feel like we watched different movies. Toby Parker was way more of a whiner, this new guy could at least make some quick quips/jokes.

At the comic con panel Marc Webb was asked whether we'll be getting another spider-man 3 with 3 villains = too much etc..

Marc assured that Electro IS the main villain, the Rhino + Gob will have introductory OR origin roles that will play out more in AMS3.

Paul Giamatti has said that he'll return in AMS3.

Perhaps it will be a "to be continued" battle for AMS3.

Marc is VERY aware of the spider-man 3 / 3 villain failure........but it does look like a spider-man/Zoids crossover.

Edited by troyness

Shailene Woodley's MJ character had been cut from the movie..her film schedule is too busy to be in AMS2 OR AMS3.

Dane DeHaan's Harry Osborne character's friendship/hate with Peter is established.

Paul's Rhino has a small part in AMS2.

Edited by troyness

........which means that we'll have maybe 2 villains in AMS3...but the producers have implied that AMS was set up for 'multiple" movies........which gives me the feeling that we're gonna get MORE than 3 AMS movies.

If this is the case perhaps AMS3 will be a 2 part movie and Gwen dies perhaps in AMS4..who knows.

But by the time Sony is finished with AMS the general public will be like "Avengers who??...cares"

...that boat has sailed..so much so that Andrew Garfield isn't allowed to talk about an Avengers and AMS team up.

I guess we know the meaning of "multiple" movies now...

With both X-men franchise under Fox, and DC/Warner MOS expanding,Sony want to do the same with AMS.

Recent Sony quotes..

"We are going to access Marvels full world of Spider-man characters,so be on the lookout for new heroes and villains."

'We do very much have the ambition about creating a bigger universe around Spider-man. There are a number of scripts in the works"

"Working closely with Marvel"

.....Spider-girl movie?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw it last night. Fantastic web slinging action. The best so far. They also nail Spider-man’s humour, joking and clowning around when in suit. The other trilogy’s Spider-man was very boring.

Gween Stacy continues to beat the crap out of MJ. She’s funny, useful and sexy.

Three bad guys… that didn’t play out so good….

Spoilers

As great a character as Gween is she couldn’t escape the fate of the comic… yeah, they freaking kill her… actually kinda pissed because the whole movie just jerks around Peter and Gween breaking up but coming together again. Basically what they did so well in the ending of the last film goes out the window at the start of the first act (blah,blah, her father’s ghost and “the promise” *facepalm*). So all that is set up to kill her after they just introduce the goblin… after the end of the third act.

Anyways, she was still more useful dead as an inspiration to get back into the fight as Spider-man than MJ alive ever was.

I still liked Peter and Gween interacting. Her saving Spideys ass this time was a bit more hamfisted (“I alone can fix the power grid Peter so I go into danger!!!”) but I still prefer that over just a Princess Peach.

Harry-Green Goblin…. It would have been better if they left the Goblin for the third movie but they want to rush the Sinister Six with full speed. If the father is pulling the strings I don’t know. Harry was good until they super rushed him into the Goblin suit.

The Rhino is just candy at the end of the movie. That trailer with their awesome fight? That is where the movie ends.

Worst part of the movie is all the time they waste with Peter’s parents. The movie begins with a very long sequence of the Parker’s last minutes alive making it sound all epic and crap. In reality it is just a scavenger hunt that leads to a magical subway station with a super secret laboratory/subway wagon to see a video that basically says “that thing about me being a traitor that you were just told like a few minutes ago? False. All this is because Osborne is selling a weapon form of my stuff to some foreign nation… so we ran”. That is it. It does take away a bit of the “Parker was destined for this” thing as it was just a random precaution his father took to make the spiders only compatible with his DNA line (which is good in a way), but so much screen time is wasted there when it could have been used for the villains. Movie would benefit from having SHIELD around otherwise the parents plotline is anticlimactic.

Oh yeah, Electro… meh. Felt like I was watching a villain from Batman Returns.

His character is so nerdy, such a big looser that he just comes out as a caricature. The cartoon versions are more believable. Powers were cool but he just was an idiot.

Other things:

- Jameson’s presence is there but they keep him hidden.

- Felicia (Black Cat) is introduced. Harry makes her his second in command… because hot chick next to old prunes or something. Very loyal (I would be too if I got such a tremendous promotion for nothing LOL)

- As we know from the trailers, there is a hidden chamber with all the things needed to make the Sinister Six. Chamber is in Oscorp tower… some shadow dude is hand picking people to give them the toys as per Harry’s orders to have a team… lame.

- You can’t have a Spider-man movie without a kid

- Parker continues to stalk Gween after they break up. Just like he stalked her in the firt movie… stalking girls turns them on?

- You can fix science projects with webbing because it NEVER dissolves. Buildings must be spending a lot of money cleaning all those webs.

Overall, I liked the action but the story was bogged down by unnecessary crap. The main characters hold the movie. Still way better that SM3 and better than SM2... but I don't hold the original trilogy very high anyways. Certainly not on the same level as Winter Soldier.

Midcredits scene… there is one… nothing to do with Spider-man movies. Don’t get nerd boners up either. Just a commercial thing.

After credits: nothing

If only fox Marvel had the rights for this and not sony...

Fixed for you.

Seriously, as much as I liked X-Men, X2, and First Class, Fox is still responsible for X3 and the pair of turds that are the Wolverine movies, as well as both the craptastic Fantastic Four movies, and the creme de la crap Daredevil and Elektra movies. That kind of track record doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence.

Besides, if Marvel Studios could get the rights to Spider-Man, they could tie him into their movie-verse and get him on the Avengers.