• 1 month later...

Some new details:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-07/new-valvrave-the-liberator-ad-previews-voice-cast

Am not liking the character designs too much.....

not blaming you one little bit; they're far too modern-Moe-generic...

Edited by Shaorin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It did impress me more than its previews let on but I have to wonder just how much high school antics there are going to be.

As for Shoko... personally I think that she's alive. I mean she's still in the end credits in Newtype Naked Space™ with the black-haired girl (the one who told Haruto to accept that Shoko was dead) so why would they bother with that if she weren't still alive? Either she's going to show up at the very end of the series to give moral support to Haruto (lame!) or she's going to be brainwashed by these Dorssia guys and she'll have to tragically fight Haruto. We'll see.

Also, congratulations to Jior for winning Biggest Morons Ever, by placing their giant robot factory UNDER A FRAKING HIGH SCHOOL. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

HOLYFRAKZOMBIE!!!

And... what was up with that random lesbian boob fondle? icon_eek.gif

what was up with that random lesbian boob fondle?

Is it not obvious? They snuck onto the mecha talk forums, saw how Strike Zero, Destiny Gundam, and Kuruni loved calling girls cute every other topic, and animated that fan service bit just for them! Also trying to annoy me by saying "lol call our girls cute, DG!" to which I reply "No, plushies are cute, those half-monkeys are things I'd use for target practice on a gun range!" Then Ryujin throws an insult, ShadowCell face palms, and the ending credits roll as the next episode preview foreshadows things.

Or someone on staff is trying really hard to gain the attention of people attracted to middle schoolers....... Or maybe pedos, I don't know what age they are or the exact intention and as long as there is very little of it I don't care.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

Is it not obvious? They snuck onto the mecha talk forums, saw how Strike Zero, Destiny Gundam, and Kuruni loved calling girls cute every other topic, and animated that fan service bit just for them! Also trying to annoy me by saying "lol call our girls cute, DG!" to which I reply "No, plushies are cute, those half-monkeys are things I'd use for target practice on a gun range!" Then Ryujin throws an insult, ShadowCell face palms, and the ending credits roll as the next episode preview foreshadows things.

Actually no, this point is not something that stood out to me. I don't really care what Strike Zero, Destiny_Gundam, or Kuruni have as preferences so how's about we just not talk about it here on MacrossWorld, eh? ;)

I made that part as a joke, but since you insist Banshee (even if I have nowhere else to make it). Seriously though, I don't see why someone would call the non-Y chromosome humans in this series cute; I'm somewhat tempted to make a macro of Rapeman going "0/10, would not fap". Come to think of it, everything outside mech designs seems ultra-generic and to an extent seems Unicorn Gundam-ish.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

I made that part as a joke, but since you insist Banshee (even if I have nowhere else to make it). Seriously though, I don't see why someone would call the non-Y chromosome humans in this series cute; I'm somewhat tempted to make a macro of Rapeman going "0/10, would not fap". Come to think of it, everything outside mech designs seems ultra-generic and to an extent seems Unicorn Gundam-ish.

I can see not liking a loli like Marie Nobi, but there's plenty of other girls like Shoko or Saki or Akira or Rion in the show. I'm digging that one-eyed captain's adjutant, I think her name is Kreimhild?

So I'm thinking about a couple of things relating to the next episode. I think in the preview it said something about Valvrave revealing the truth of the world? At this point I got no idea what that's all about.

This ship captain, Cain. Since he has a buxom lady adjutant that gives off a coolly professional demeanor... is he a Treize? :D

If Saki indeed gets involved with Haruto somehow, I'm thinking that maybe in this next episode, since she's a singing idol, maybe she helps to deal with his newfound fame?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, just watched the episode and... yeah, I could see it being a deal breaker for people. But hey, at least next episode we get a new Zord! I mean, Valvrave. Hmm, the episode is called "Saki, Come Back" and we get the debut of the green Valvrave, which only Haruto, Saki and L-Elf know about... Hmmmmm.