Macross Plus in BD!!! OVA w/ English Dub & Movie w/En

treatment

I just ordered. It would arrive at my home in 2 days (June 24). Thank you again sir. :)

Still available on HMV Japan. Make it quick to order it.

Thanks so much! It was so odd, I was looking around last night at online import shops and for some reason HMV.jp said it was backordered. But when I clicked on the link you provided it reverted to in-stock status.

Anywho, ordered! :)

but wasn't father's day this past Sunday....

Yeah, well I told her in advance and she still hasn't ordered it. Now Amazon JP is in a backorder status. She ordered through Bandai Visual, but it seems like we have to wait for them to get back with us on their stock status. I even told her these things will sell like hotcakes and once they've run their production run, they're DONE. On the plus side, walking around the Tokyu Square here in Aobadai, I saw Macross Zero on Blu for 12000 JPY. Might take that as consolation... <_<

Yeah, well I told her in advance and she still hasn't ordered it. Now Amazon JP is in a backorder status. She ordered through Bandai Visual, but it seems like we have to wait for them to get back with us on their stock status. I even told her these things will sell like hotcakes and once they've run their production run, they're DONE. On the plus side, walking around the Tokyu Square here in Aobadai, I saw Macross Zero on Blu for 12000 JPY. Might take that as consolation... <_<

huh? r u implying that there is ONLY one production run? ouch!

wps

Alright fools, where the hell are the screen caps?! Stop holding out on us! :lol:

For reals though, I'm quite serious.

Here's some couple of scene-shots comparo(BD vs DVD-remastered):

bd-shot-1.png vs dvd-remastered-shot-2.png

bd-shot-2.png vs dvd-remastered-shot-2.png

The BD quality is definitely more vivid in colors and much cleaner than the previous dvd-remastered version.

Edited by treatment

huh? r u implying that there is ONLY one production run? ouch!

wps

I don't recall finding DYRL on Blu-Ray a year, or so, after its release here in Japan by going to the shops. I can only find the much-rejected Macross Zero and Macross F, 21st century Macross isn't as hot or wanted as 20th century Macross it seems LOL.

Here's some couple of scene-shots comparo(BD vs DVD-remastered):

bd-shot-1.png vs dvd-remastered-shot-2.png

bd-shot-2.png vs dvd-remastered-shot-2.png

The BD quality is definitely more vivid in colors and much cleaner than the previous dvd-remastered version.

Definitely a diff, but the hud pic of the DVD remaster isn't available, a good screen cap would be of all the computer screens you see through out New Edwards.

Should have mine tomorrow afternoon, it's gotta go through that dumb cycle of arriving at my post office, trying to deliver when I'm not home and leaving a note, then telling me I can pick it up the day after.

Is there some way I could just tell the post office to hold everything until I pick it up, since I'm never home when they're actually delivering? Short of getting a PO box, I mean.

GOT IT! But I didn't know that DHL now charged you the customs fee on your door so my happiness was somewhat subdued by a 55 euro customs charge.

No matter. As soon as I have time I'll see the movie version.

Just picked up my copy this morning and started watching the first OVA episode... it looks amazing! I love it when I notice things that I never had before...

Things like when Isamu is avoiding the missiles in the first battle his VF-11B has its wings swept back in "rocket" mode and being able to clearly see the carriers through the glass while he's being chewed out.

Highly Recommend!

Opened it up to check that everything was in working order before throwing out the carton and bubble wrap. It looks absolutely gorgeous, specially in the OVA. The colours are so bright and everything looks so sharp. Cannot wait to thursday to see the movie version.

Only the movie is subbed. The OVA is not, the only factor holding me back now

Ah, ok. Got my copy in the mail today and wish my mother in-law had a Blu Ray player. It's the two books that came with it are amazing. I bought it for the movie rather than the OVA, the only sweet part of the OVA is the opening scene with Isamu laying waste to his buddies and renegade Zentran LOL!

Heh, I made a mistake and the other product I bundled my copy with actually doesn't get released until July. Ah well, I can wait.

Plus side is that with the discounts actually makes the shipping that little bit cheaper.

::Quickly skims topic::: What? No one's said it yet?! I just watched the movie edition, and all I can say is "THIS IS ANIMATION."

So I take it that it doesn't have the problem from the original release which had the picture a little bit darker than it should? As I remember it, even the LD version had that problem.

Finished watching Movie Edition and it doesn't use Manga's old subtitles. "Bromance" was definitely not part of the 90's lexicon. :p

Even though there's the occasional awkward conjugation, I have to commend Bandai Visual for giving us a brand new translation. If anyone from Bandai is reading this...THANK YOU! :wub:

Ah, ok. Got my copy in the mail today and wish my mother in-law had a Blu Ray player. It's the two books that came with it are amazing. I bought it for the movie rather than the OVA, the only sweet part of the OVA is the opening scene with Isamu laying waste to his buddies and renegade Zentran LOL!

Also some of the training montage footage wasn't in the Movie, if I remembered correctly...

I could be wrong...

Still debating whether to order and wait for the restock at amazon JP

Also some of the training montage footage wasn't in the Movie, if I remembered correctly...

I could be wrong...

Still debating whether to order and wait for the restock at amazon JP

Oh yeah, some of the simulator and real-world training scenes were awesome, particularly after he recovers after the accident, oh yeah, and that duel in the nuke-town was bad ass too.

Maybe it's just me but I've never seen the point/purpose of unboxing vids. I don't get why they are apparently so popular.

It gives us a good idea of what's in the box, and how big some of the items are. And in some cases, it might tip people (like me) over the fence to buy it.

It gives us a good idea of what's in the box, and how big some of the items are. And in some cases, it might tip people (like me) over the fence to buy it.

Item descriptions and dimensions are usually provided by sites such as amazon. And for me, the surprise of opening it is half the fun. For me an unboxing vid is like youtubing the final climax of a movie you already have tickets for. Anectodally, the majority of people who watch such vids have apparently already decided whether to purchase or not. But to each their own. Its just another internet phenomenon I personally find useless (also rather western-oriented, interestingly enough. I seldom see similar videos posted by Japanese fans).

Item descriptions and dimensions are usually provided by sites such as amazon. And for me, the surprise of opening it is half the fun. For me an unboxing vid is like youtubing the final climax of a movie you already have tickets for. Anectodally, the majority of people who watch such vids have apparently already decided whether to purchase or not. But to each their own. Its just another internet phenomenon I personally find useless (also rather western-oriented, interestingly enough. I seldom see similar videos posted by Japanese fans).

Because unboxing/unwrapping vids are done for a lot of childrens toys. Every time I watched YT with my daughter she was watching some Anpanman or Doraemon or Hello Kitty crap being unwrapped and played with or eaten. It's weird for sure, but she likes it, she's 3.