Macross Plus in BD!!! OVA w/ English Dub & Movie w/En

treatment

Treatment beat me to posting the best ones, but I did watch the subtitled version today and I took a bunch of photos of the weirder lines in the dialogue...

Erm, no... try again, dear.

post-1318-0-14612600-1372602708_thumb.jpg

Yes. At least, that's what you wrote on your CV.

post-1318-0-98854300-1372602716_thumb.jpg

If only it did.

post-1318-0-69801600-1372602718_thumb.jpg

"Or... it IS! I don't know! I'm so confused!!"

post-1318-0-44104800-1372602720_thumb.jpg

OK, now I'm pissed off. Seriously, who translated this sh*t??

post-1318-0-28250700-1372602722_thumb.jpg

Dumbass.

post-1318-0-04900200-1372602724_thumb.jpg

At least you don't have to read them.

post-1318-0-54836400-1372602813_thumb.jpg

Yes. Drive yourself home, woman.

post-1318-0-66490000-1372602815_thumb.jpg

Someone get the colonel a dictionary, stat.

post-1318-0-77357600-1372602817_thumb.jpg

And there's loads more gems like this...

Are the subs really HK bootleg level quality? I was about to buy this set but as I've never watched them I'm worried I'll be disapointed.

Has anybody tried pressing the subs button on their remote to see if they can be added mid video as they could be on the Rahxephon blu ray set?

Are the subs really HK bootleg level quality? I was about to buy this set but as I've never watched them I'm worried I'll be disapointed.

Borderline HK-bootleg subs-quality since at least there's none of the usual HK-special misspellings or bizarro name-changes. BV has some spell-checkers, but no grammar-checkers. It's like BandaiVisual hired either a japanese middle-schooler all hopped-up on disney-channel and/or a chinese migrant worker, and paid both of them 500y to do the english-translations.

Kinda weirdly humorous since the Movie-edition is the more dramatic version of MP, and yet the engrish-subs made it such an unintentional comedy.

Has anybody tried pressing the subs button on their remote to see if they can be added mid video as they could be on the Rahxephon blu ray set?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

What I meant was has anyone tried the subtitle button while watching the ova's in Japanese? In Rahxephon there was no English subtitles mentionned but when doing this they were actually available though only through this method I believe.

Really a shame they didn't take the movie translation seriously...

What I meant was has anyone tried the subtitle button while watching the ova's in Japanese? In Rahxephon there was no English subtitles mentionned but when doing this they were actually available though only through this method I believe.

Really a shame they didn't take the movie translation seriously...

No, there are no English subs on the OVAs. In fact, the audio cannot the changed on the fly - the Japanese and 'International' versions are completely separate.

Finally had 2 hours alone to watch the Movie Version. Looks absolutely beautiful. I could really see some details that just weren't present noticeable before (a lot of strange looking figures in the public present at Sharon Apple's concert for example).

Shame about the subs, but it's not as if I hadn't seen this 20 times before and know what a more precise translation is.

I hope the OVA is just as great a watch in glorious HD.

Finally had 2 hours alone to watch the Movie Version. Looks absolutely beautiful. I could really see some details that just weren't present noticeable before (a lot of strange looking figures in the public present at Sharon Apple's concert for example).

Shame about the subs, but it's not as if I hadn't seen this 20 times before and know what a more precise translation is.

I hope the OVA is just as great a watch in glorious HD.

IKR? Anybody catch the Captain America in the crowd in Sharon's Eden concert? LOL

IKR? Anybody catch the Captain America in the crowd in Sharon's Eden concert? LOL

Yup. There was also one that had a head that looked suspiciously like one of the Giant Warrior's in Nausicaa.

I am late to this thread... and I do not want to read 12 pages (lazy me). Where can I get this set? For how much is it going?

I bought mine in Amazon Japan for about 130 US. It's also available on other sites like CDJapan.

was sitting on the fence all this while, and that engrish subs didn't help matters either..
And then i chanced upon the blu-ray through Mandarake.. so I guess I save a little on both shipping and the item for 11000 yen before shipped.
Hoping this would be a worthwhile purchase

I also had a good laugh with the subs on. I actually watched this without subs the first run through as I pretty much know all the lines in this movie. I decided to turn on the subs while reviewing the beauty of the high def fight scenes and was so surprised by the new Engrish subs that I watched it again with subs from the beginning. I think the bromance line was hilarious along with the civilian on YF-21 and the buck stops here line. LOL

My copy also arrived in the mail earlier this week. I've had the Manga DVD releease of the OVAs for years, but I have never seen the Macross Plus movie. I set aside some time last night to watch it with the subtitles on. The Engrish was not so shocking to me, personally (I am used to it at work, because I have peers who use English as their second or third language). I think that if this was a U.S. studio then I would be more critical of those language errors. The fact that a Macross release has any English track at all is a bonus in my opinion. I hope to see more, even if we get a bunch of obvious funny lines.

The other upside of this release is that the video and audio quality is amazing! Now I am looking forward to watching the OVA.

Watched the OAVs last night...and I had but one response for Episode 4. FUBAR. Seriously what happened to the original Manga dub for Ep 4??? Considering the cost of the box set and shipping and import fees I'm not very happy with this purchase. The movie version is okay even if some of the English subs are retarded but IMHO I wanted this set for the OAVs so if you're lookin for the same - buyer beware kids.

You lost all complaint cred at "dub," especially when that was known long before release.

Wasn't looking for complaint credit friend. I was however looking to potentially save someone a few bucks if they were looking for a BD version of the old Manga dub is all. What was I thinking?

Please, I ineed the Macross Plus BOX ART and Covers, someone put for download? Thanks!

You signed up to this forum just to make that one request? <_<

Ignore the beggar.

I was actually going to get my crayons and draw my version of the covers for him, but I couldn't even muster the effort for that. :p

He will be waiting for it holding a tin in his hand wispering "dime..." lol

fixed it for you

I don't think it's mere speculation when the contents of the International version of Macross Plus with the different dub is a known fact and was repeatedly brought up by people here with first hand knowledge. I realize it's not the ideal version but I'd put my money on a Japanese company using the audio materials they have on hand and released before rather than using the version they worked hard to replace and is residing with a company they no longer do much business with.