Macross Plus in BD!!! OVA w/ English Dub & Movie w/En

treatment

fyi.

http://product.banda...em_no=BCXA-0719

msrp: 17850y

preorder up in AmJ: http://www.amazon.co.jp/マクロスプラス-Complete-Blu-ray-Box-河森正治/dp/B00ANIC62E/e

edit: just preordered it and AmJ is gonna charge me 13600y plus the usual 2000y for intl express-shipping fees, so 15600y all in all.

hopefully AmiAmi or others have better preorder deals.

release date is 6/21/13.

ANN has a blurb:
http://www.animenews...-on-bd-in-japan

Edited by >EXO<

So... a blu-ray compilation of the OVA and Movie version, with no new added content, just some old videos, no english subs (though it did come with English dubbs), no game content, and it's more expensive than the Macross DYRL Anniversay box set? wth?

Wow, that was quick. Fifth post and BAM -- "Wot, you mean all we're getting is the same stuff in HD with tons and tons of extras for the cheapest price this set has ever been available?? Screw THAT."

If Kawamori himself delivered it to your door with a singing telegram you would say "You're off key, idiot."

:p

Edited by Renato

Things not mentioned in the ANN article are that it will include reproduction genga (keyframe sketches), an item code for the SP Cross Deculture Android game, and a brand-new 5.1 sound mix of the Movie Edition.

Also, it says that it will include footage taken on the US airbase they used for location hunting and research, but that may or may not be the same as what we already saw in the HD Remaster DVD set from a couple of years back. I expect it's the same, but still cool for those that have never seen it.

Macross Plus in HD?!! And with an english version to boot?! Hell yeah I'm buying.

I do find it a bit peculiar though that it includes a dub and not a sub. Would have thought the former is more expensive.

Macross Plus in HD?!! And with an english version to boot?! Hell yeah I'm buying.

I do find it a bit peculiar though that it includes a dub and not a sub. Would have thought the former is more expensive.

Enh, it was all done and paid for nearly 20 years ago. It's not like it's a NEW dub or anything.

Hell, it's already been released in Japan before... (well, 3/4 of it..).

As far as I know, there's no English dub for the movie version of Macross Plus, correct?

So, if the Blu Ray version includes the OVA and the movie, but no subtitles, then the movie version would only be in Japanese, right?

Probably. :(

The movie version is my favorite. I will still get this as Macross Plus is probably my second favorite to the SDF TV series.

Enh, it was all done and paid for nearly 20 years ago. It's not like it's a NEW dub or anything.

Hell, it's already been released in Japan before... (well, 3/4 of it..).

I realize that it's not a new dub. I just assumed that there's always some sort of license/fee/royalty that would have to be paid to the voice actors. I find these property rights issues always a tad confusing.

ok, I can kind of see not subbing new movies. But Macross Plus with English subs has been around for years. So why can't they take existing sub files and put them on the BD's?

I know it's probably not as easy as that. But one of the big excuses people make for not releasing new disks with subs is "it costs a lot to translate and create the subs"

That part has already been done.

Edited by Rabidweezil

The movie had the English subs hard coded to the video image. the US DVD release looked like it was taken from the vhs masters. I'm guessing they probably either don't want to want to put any extra work into putting subs into this release. The ova dub was probably just added in as an afterthought and because it was easy enough to do with minimal effort. I'd be interested to know how good the audio of the dub is. It's probably just upmixed stereo audio.

glad I held out on getting the movie ed. hd

Me too! :D

Although I promised I wasn't going to buy another version... I have the UK VHS's, one US VHS, JP VHS's, JP DVD series box sets, JP Movie DVD, JP LD box (movie+series), and I just think enough is ENOUGH -- I never watch them anyway!

But I still felt I had to own this one...

I'm passing---I want the movie edition in a language I comprehend.

MACROSS PLUS IN HD

That's my language