May'n - The Galactic Fairy

vanpang

I am guessing you were there? If so how was it and do you remember the set list? Back to my question. I think around the time of the rhythm tank concert I asked about getting tickets around 2 months before the show and Tochiro said they were sold mostly through the fan club and sold out fast, like within a few hours. I might be a little foggy on the details but that was where I got the idea the tickets were hard to come purchase.

I am not a May'n fan at all, but I read the twitter, some Japanese sport newspapers online and of course, 2 channel.

The set list is now written in Japanese on the 2 channel May'n thread. It will soon be translated in English by somebody. It's 3 am, and as I said, I am no May'n fan, so I don't feel like doing it.

The rhythm tank concert? WTF!

Well, already 2 years ago and it was held when "Sayonara no Tsubasa" was screening. It's so natural that buying the ticket was so difficult then.

But times have changed, OK?

Here's the set list what I translated. The source is 2 channel. A direct translation. I don't know the terminologies the fans are using at all.

---

636 :名無しの歌姫:2013/03/02(土) 21:12:06.82 ID:1ZwR/QOkP

終わったぜー

ほいセトリ

アオゾラ

ジュエルズ

Welcome to(ry

スカバレ

ジャイステ

mc1

アネモネ

hero

ブレダイ

mc2

RYB

エリクシア

mc3

もし君

(バンドパフォーマンス)

ノーザン

射手座

mc4

xyz

dolce

パラノイア

mc5

my teens,my tears

ライオン

mc6(CandR)

MSFS

chase the world

アンコール

会えないとき

キミシニ

Wアンコール

愛降る

---

1,Aozora 2,Jewels 3,Welcome to My Fanclub's Night 4,Scarlet Ballet 5,Giant Step 6,mc1 7, Anemone 8, Hero 9, Brain Diver 10, mc2 11, RYB (?) 12, Kindan no Elixir 13, mc3 14,Moshi Kimi 15, Northern Cross 16, Iteza Gogo 9ji Don't Be Late 17, mc4 18, xyz (?) 19, Dolce 20, Paranoia 21, Lion 22, mc6(CandR) (?) 23, MSFS (?) 24, Chase the World

encore

1,Koi 2, Aenai Toki 3, Kimishinitamoukotonakare

encore

1, Ai Furu

---

No "Diamond Crevasse."

Edited by antibiotictab

Here's the set list what I translated. The source is 2 channel. A direct translation. I don't know the terminologies the fans are using at all.
---
636 :名無しの歌姫:2013/03/02(土) 21:12:06.82 ID:1ZwR/QOkP
終わったぜー
ほいセトリ
アオゾラ
ジュエルズ
Welcome to(ry
スカバレ
ジャイステ
mc1
アネモネ
hero
ブレダイ
mc2
RYB
エリクシア
mc3
もし君
(バンドパフォーマンス)
ノーザン
射手座
mc4
xyz
dolce
パラノイア
mc5
my teens,my tears
ライオン
mc6(CandR)
MSFS
chase the world
アンコール
会えないとき
キミシニ
Wアンコール
愛降る
---
1,Aozora 2,Jewels 3,Welcome to My Fanclub's Night 4,Scarlet Ballet 5,Giant Step 6,mc1 7, Anemone 8, Hero 9, Brain Diver 10, mc2 11, RYB (?) 12, Kindan no Elixir 13, mc3 14,Moshi Kimi 15, Northern Cross 16, Iteza Gogo 9ji Don't Be Late 17, mc4 18, xyz (?) 19, Dolce 20, Paranoia 21, Lion 22, mc6(CandR) (?) 23, MSFS (?) 24, Chase the World
encore
1,Koi 2, Aenai Toki 3, Kimishinitamoukotonakare
encore
1, Ai Furu
---
No "Diamond Crevasse."

Ah, now I remembered! (At least some more of it!) I should have written down the names of the songs but I was too busy cheering. No. 11 was the only new song featured in the concert - it's the song for the Documentary Film 'Rock Your Beats 2012 World Tour' Somewhere in there was 'My Teen, My Tears', 'MSFS' should referred to Mr Super Future Star and the Encore is 'Love, like the Falling Stars'

I.m still missing one song, can someone tell me which album does the first encore - 'Koi' comes from? (too much work in the office - brain not functioning properly)

I.m still missing one song, can someone tell me which album does the first encore - 'Koi' comes from? (too much work in the office - brain not functioning properly)

Googled. From the 3rd album "Heat," track #11.

The "Animelo Summer Live 2012" digest movie will be aired on Niconico Live. From 9 pm, Mar 19 (JST); 5 am in LA. For 3 hours.
The Macross related artists are May'n and Yuuka Nanri (Mao Nome in Macross Zero).
You can watch it from the link below.
I personally want to watch Hiroko Moriguchi, Yui Kaori, ST☆RISH and Minori Chihara, too...
Edited by antibiotictab

Thanks for the info antibiotictab! No wonder it sounded so familiar, just can't pinpoint the name of the song!

Only 2 more days, and May'n will be back in Malaysia and performing in Animax's Carnival 2013. (Saturday 1 pm at Sunway Pyramid) If you're in the region, drop by. You do need a 'Astro' (our local cable TV provider) bill which you could get with some help from the locals (PM me/ or go to Macross Fans Of Malaysia FB)

But if you're Japanese, just show your passport at the registration counter and you can 'jump' the queue! As far as I know, there's a bunch of Japanese coming and lots of Singaporeans.

Edited by VF25-F

May'n message to her Macross fans!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/136221716403846/

So you guys went to the venue yesterday?

Just a coincidence, but both May'n and Megumi Nakajima are outside of Japan simultaneously today. May'n is in Malaysia, and Nakajima-san is in Hong Kong.

According to the 2 channel May'n thread, about 5 fans in Japan are in Malaysia now. And the set list yesterday was like this; Heat, Kimishinitamoukotonakare, Chase the World and Aozora.

No Macross songs? That acapella song she sang was Diamond Crevasse. Hm.

Edited by antibiotictab

Just a coincidence, but both May'n and Megumi Nakajima are outside of Japan simultaneously today. May'n is in Malaysia, and Nakajima-san is in Hong Kong.

According to the 2 channel May'n thread, about 5 fans in Japan are in Malaysia now. And the set list yesterday was like this; Heat, Kimishinitamoukotonakare, Chase the World and Aozora.

We wouldn't miss it for the world. She also did a voice only version of 'Scarlet Ballet' (a few lines) for a fan that answered her quiz. It was a good day for the fans as they allow u to take photos and recordings. The Japanese fans, I suppose they wanted to see May'n up close and they got their wish. They were all dressed in the Mic-A-Mania t-shirts. One even got a pass and went just next to the stage to take pix of her (throughout the entire event)

And credits to Van Pang for thinking of the message to Macrossworld on the run duing the interview with May'n.

Edited by VF25-F

Denpa Kenkyu-Sha is now on air on Niconico live.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv129677918

May'n was in Malaysia yesterday, wasn't she? Has she already come back? Hmm. Is now in Shinagawa...

Edited by antibiotictab

Here's a translation by one of our members (Lum YH) on what May'n said in her message to Macross fans (for the benefit of those who are not well verse in Japanese)

Hi, good day, I am May'n.

Thank you for all your support.

I am very, very happy to be back in Malaysia after such a long period.

I will be very happy if we will be ble to meet during my world tour

Also, as Macross is celebrating it 30th anniversary, and although there will be a live concert held only in Japan,

there are still many Macross related events that should not be missed.

i hope everyone will continue to support Macross.

Does look like that. after she left us, she went straight to the airport and back to Japan. Busy, busy schedules.

Edited by VF25-F

• 2 weeks later...

Late in February 2013, me amd three other Macross/May'n fans (i.e. Vf25-F, Darren WK and Pamela) managed to get ourselves some ticket to watch May'n's Mic-A-Mania concert on 2 March 2013. Here is a review of the concert written by VF25-F

A Malaysian fan at MIC-A-MANIA concert, Budokan

The four of us, Macross / May'n fans, VF25-F, Darren WK, Pamela and vanpang decided to make a trip to Japan late in February for some sightseeing and to attend May'n's Mic-A-Mania concert on 2nd March 2013.

After much difficulties in trying to obtain tickets to the concert (thanks to all parties who tried to lend a helping hand) we finally managed to get them at a general sale on the 28th, just 2 days before the actual concert. What a relief it was when we could finally achieve our objective.

On the day itself, 2nd March 2013, we reached Budokan at around 4.00pm (advised by the lady at the ticket counter). Already the fans had gather and making their way to their respective gates. Many more lined up to get their hands on the merchandise, the line was really long and slow as the fans scanned the items to decide which to buy. By the time we got to our seats which was in the highest 2nd last block, 2nd tier of the West wing, it was around 5.30pm. Probably everyone from our block and the last block including the ones across to the East had bought the tickets through the General sale. From our point of view, there were some odd single empty seats in almost every block and a row of 8 empty seats right across on the East wing. The other block which was only half full was (immediately I recognized after watching all her BIG concerts) the MEDIA block which is located directly opposite of the stage.

The stage was rectangle (2 tier) and in the middle part of the 2nd tier was covered by a big rectangle piece of black cloth, a flight of steps comes running down to the Arena area. There were two tall pole like structure on each side of the black box which has like shiny beads dangling from the top. In the middle of the arena area was a hexagonal stage, surrounded by barriers. Clearly something will happen here at some point of the concert.

By 6.13pm the whole place was full, fans who had came late and those outside lining up for the merchandise were all in. As far as we can see, it's a full house. Boy, she can really pack them! Suddenly, the whole place went dark! The fans got excited and soon the darkness were filled with glowing light sticks.

Then a spot light shone down where, for a minute ago was an empty space, but now stood the very person that everyone was waiting for! The whole place erupted with excitement, and immediately died down to a whisper as the music began to play. First up was 'Ao Zora' (ED from BTOOOOOM!).

Ok, after this point, things are a little blurry(sorry, but I was floating on cloud 9), so it may not be accurate when you compare this with the Blu-ray/DVD of this concert.

Once she had finished the first song, May'n turned and the black curtains on the rectangle went up. Revealing the 4 piece band, a 20 piece string orchestra and an unknown number of choir standing shoulder to shoulder in the back of the stage. There was even a giant chandelier in the middle. She stood further up the stage and welcomed everyone.

The sound system was fantastic!, it's as if you're hearing every note delivered to your ears through an ear piece and there was no echo except when the band played a little too loud. There was however one instance, where there was something wrong with the mike, its as if the mike went off and on when she was singing 'Hero'-'my H ___roooo!'

By now weve noticed that whenever the song is slow, the light sticks would turn BLUE and turn YELLOW when the song is fast. The choir and string section would go off and come back between songs and at times I've didnt even noticed when they had left.

Just before she had to change her clothes, she stood between the string section and delivered 'Moshimo Kimi Ga Negau No Nara' (If you wished for it..). There was a brief break and the crowd was shouting her name and later 'Bucho'. A few moments later she came back with 'Northern Cross' which she delivered from the top of the stage, unfortunately for us and some of the audience were blocked by the audio equipment suspended in the air. I could only see her hands making all the gestures. But for her fans, its already ingrained in their memory, all the movements for this song.

Luckily, for the next song, she walked down back to the lower stage, but still I suspect some audience sitting further left of us is still blocked by the audio equipment. She then introduces her new and only song for this concert (lyrics by May'n) and got everyone to practice shouting 'Rock Your Beats!'. Later, its time for the audience to get into the act. Everyone took out their towel and danced to the 'Abc' and the 'XYZ'. Another round of towel spinning with 'Dolce' (it was fun and funny to watch). These are some of the things that make her concert fun. The audience becomes part of the concert and that gives you a sense of belonging.

All of a sudden, she sang something familiar but at the same time you can't place the name of the song. It was very grand and I was very sure it was from the 2nd movie 'Sayonara no Tsubasa' and then it ended, a pause and then the everlasting 'Lion' came on. (Upon my return to my country, Ive checked up 'Sayonara no Tsubasa' but it wasn't. It was 'Nyan nyan final attack, frontier greatest hits!' she used the opening of the song and stopped just before Ranka (Megumi)'s part.) Nice.

Time for another break. Everyone was shouting 'Encore! Encore!' This time the break was slightly longer as you can see the staff setting up something on the hexagonal stage in the middle of the arena and the arena crowd began to turn their attention to it.. Finally it was ready and 'Bucho' walked in from the East side of the arena and was wearing a stunning red dress which looked like a Chinese cheongsam high slits on both sides. She sat down in the middle and the 4 piece band was surrounding her. She sang 2 songs (Koi and Aenai Toki) In my opinion the mini stage was too small as she has to see where she was walking because of the cables going up the stage when she did the acoustic version of 'Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare' (Thou shall not die) Can't do Macross speed songs here.

She goes off again and the crowd called for another 'Encore!' A short while later, they got their answer! 'Bucho' came back dressed in an elegant 'beige' evening gown! The full compliment of the orchestra is back together with the choir. The song is 'Love, like the falling stars' . Everyone joined in singing chorus part. As usual, each tier would get their chance to be heard, the males vocals, the females and not to forget, the MEDIA's! which everyone erupted in laughter.

This song has an epic feel to it, I suppose it is befitting for this be the final song for an enchanting evening. Though we wished that it would go on just a little bit longer but we know at some point it would have to end. Two hours plus past but it felt like a mere 45 minutes. It was time to say farewell, and May'n introduced the orchestra (once again) and thank them. Next up was her regular 4 piece band plus the 'Manipulator'; whom does their own antics and finally 'Bucho' herself, which in turn, she felt a little shy when her musicians got on one knee and present her. Everyone then held their hands together for one last bow and May'n shouted at the top her voice (without the mike)

'Arigato!!!'

This is probably where the Blu-ray/DVD version will cut off and go on to show the next chapter which is the 'Making of.....' (from seeing all the previous ones) So for those that want the official ending, stop reading right here. : )

THE END

Your right, I'm being silly, after all you've made it all the way here already. So here's what you won't get to see.

Everyone left the stage except May'n who stayed back to thank her fans. She tried to run (as she always did) and suddendly remembered she's wearing this outfit and so quickly tip-toe to the West wing first. As she got closer to the 1st tier, she disappeared from our view. For ahwhile, we thought she had forgotten about us and suddenly she backed up to where she can see the 2nd tier and waved to everyone. It took sometime to go around as she honestly tried to look at all her fans faces and thank them for coming. Finally its has ended and as she walked to the exit on the west wing, one last desperate call by her fans from the 1st tier caught her attention and she waved back with a big smile. A really thoughtful gesture indeed.

CONCLUSION

If this was an anime, then this is the episode where you have a flashback of what had happened since episode 1. That explains why there was no new album, apparently in the music industry, every eight year is a flashback episode (heard that the same goes for other artists). Happy, also to report that her raspy/coarse voice has gone (which was with her throughout the entire 2012 though slight trace of it when she gets excited while talking) Though this unexpected chance to attend the concert has stretched our budget somewhat, but it left us with an even bigger sense of satisfaction.

Song list

1. Ao zora 2. Jewels 3. Welcome to My Fanclubs Night (Styles ver.) 4. Scarlet Ballet

5. Giant Step 6. Anemone 7. Hero 8. Brain Diver 9. Rock Your Beats

10. Forbidden Elixir 11. If You Wished For It.

Break

12. Northern Cross 13. Iteza Gogo Kuji Dont Be Late 14. XYZ 15. Dolce

16. Paranoia 17. Lion 18. My Teen, My Tears 19. Mr Super Future Star

20. Chase the World

Encore

21. Koi 22. Aenai Toki 23. Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare

Encore

24. Love, Like The Falling Stars

Edited by vanpang

Yep, that was also when Tsuchiya Shion (from Macross the Musicalture) finally dashed for the toilet after drinking more than 3 litres (1 & half bottles of that yellow liquid - man, was that guy thirsty!).

Among the other interesting topics were the GERWALK mode which May'n did an impression and Tenjin (being the only tech guy there) explains why the missiles flew like that in the Macross universe.

Two rounds of character sketching - Sheryl (May'n drew an either very plump Sheryl or Sheryl wearing a barrel!), Shion drew Mylene's pet because it's fur resembles Sheryl's hair?(clearly a Macross 7 fanboy) Chiaki - also focus on the hair and no face but it looks like an 'Angel' from Evangelion to me. Tenjin - Sheryl in the cockpit of a VF-1

Round two - Leon Mishima. Guess, how this one went.....

Fukuyama (Basara) and Haruka Chisuga ((i think) - love how she 'slips' off the screen) made an appearance.

Yep, that was also when Tsuchiya Shion (from Macross the Musicalture) finally dashed for the toilet after drinking more than 3 litres (1 & half bottles of that yellow liquid - man, was that guy thirsty!).

Among the other interesting topics were the GERWALK mode which May'n did an impression and Tenjin (being the only tech guy there) explains why the missiles flew like that in the Macross universe.

Two rounds of character sketching - Sheryl (May'n drew an either very plump Sheryl or Sheryl wearing a barrel!), Shion drew Mylene's pet because it's fur resembles Sheryl's hair?(clearly a Macross 7 fanboy) Chiaki - also focus on the hair and no face but it looks like an 'Angel' from Evangelion to me. Tenjin - Sheryl in the cockpit of a VF-1

Round two - Leon Mishima. Guess, how this one went.....

Fukuyama (Basara) and Haruka Chisuga ((i think) - love how she 'slips' off the screen) made an appearance.

For anyone wondering what it was all about, heres some pics:

http://www.macrossworld.com/4674/macross-net-meeting-listen-to-us-talk/

May 7th, the poster handing over session (?) and the free (mini) live concert for her new song's promotion are held at Ikebukuro Sunshine City Fountain Square. 18:00 START.

Hmm, "free of charge." Can I go there?

Sorry, but photography/ recording prohibited, Horipro says.

Edited by antibiotictab

Well, would be nice if someone was there on the scene to cover the event and report like the one I did on the "Mic-A-Mania' concert in Budokan. Quite sure many fans who could not be there and outside of Japan would appreciate it!

Cutting back to 'Hang Jam", I was wondering why was there a jar looking thing in the logo - to put the jam in.......X D

Edited by VF25-F