May'n - The Galactic Fairy

vanpang

This is all the info I was able to pull for here upcoming vist to Chicago.

Anime Central May 19-21 2017 Rosemont, IL.

Q&A with May’n
05/19/17; 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Panel Room 9; Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Open Q&A with May’n! Don’t miss your chance to interact with May’n before her Saturday concert!

May’n Live
05/20/17; 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
MB Park Outdoor Stage
Don’t miss May’n live in concert at Anime Central! This is an outdoor concert at MB Financial Park, just 2 blocks west of the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center.

May’n: Autographs
05/20/17; 8:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Panel Room 1; Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Post-concert autographs! Merchandise will also be available for purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to hal9000, we now have the schedule. Would really appreciate it if someone attending this event, take pictures/video to share with all the other Galactic Fairy fans who are unable to be there.

Meanwhile, i saw the video of Sheryl Nome (What'bout my star?) from Uta Macross on youtube but has no audio and another that is complete (but private). Anyone else saw this?

Another news item - a collaboration with Wake Up Girls! - Called ...... oddly 'Wake Up, May'n!'

http://mayn.jp/blog/news/15244/

Oops! Accidentally found it! XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW3U0TfaUgE

Edited by VF25-F

For, all those that could attend this weekend's event - HAVE FUN! And SHOUT for May'n!

Will eagerly wait for any photos or write ups about your experience during May'n events.

Meanwhile, I'll leave you with this video, the 10th Anniversary Diamond Crevasse ver. (Starts around 4.00)

Celebrating her 10th Year Anniversary with a Special Concert at Budokan,  the last song for the evening is none other than the song that made her famous. (uploaded by alma)

So I must admit I know May'n through Macross.  And only recently got the Power of the voice album, so there are two tracks I don't know.   So question if I maybe have a recording of all the songs what would be the legality of sharing it on a privet Youtube? ;) 

1.Scarlet Ballet

2.Northern Cross

3.I didn't know the third song there was jumping and "Number one" in english. :) 

4.Get it on 

5.アオゾラ - I don't have a english title.

6.New street fighter intro all english. Title?

7.Chase the world

8.Belief (thanksvf25-f)

9.Lion

10.Dimond Crevasse

Edit.

I figured I might as well add a picture if this. :) 

IMG_8252.JPG

Edited by hal9000

I suppose it's alright to share it on Youtube. 

Song no. 3 is indeed called Number One! (Something she wrote herself)

Song no.5 is Aozora (Blue skies) the ending song for Btooom!

Well I guess, we just have to wait for your video to find out what song no.8 was.....

Good job hal9000 and thanks!

May'n says - Thank you to everyone at Anime Central!

I'll be uploading slowly.

But here is the first song.

Scarlet Ballet

Spoiler

The Video is set at hidden please dont share it past this board.

Northern Cross

Number One

Get it on 

Spoiler

Edited by hal9000

New street fighter intro all english. Title?

Spoiler

Edited by hal9000

I'll get the last song up tonight, sorry its been so long.  

Chase the world, Belief(thanksvf25-f), and Lion. 

Spoiler

Final song. Thanks for being patent with me, Please enjoy. 
It was a hell of a show and I'm glad I got to go. 

Spoiler

Edited by hal9000

• 2 weeks later...

So in researching for my T'au idols I've started to warm up to May'n. Enough that I'm going to be looking to get an album or two of her's.

Which ones should I be looking for and if possible I'd like one to have her songs from Frontier.

Thanks in advance.

20 hours ago, Focslain said:

So in researching for my T'au idols I've started to warm up to May'n. Enough that I'm going to be looking to get an album or two of her's.

Which ones should I be looking for and if possible I'd like one to have her songs from Frontier.

Thanks in advance.

I think you'd have to buy the Macross Frontier CDs if you want to have the songs from Frontier. Your best bets are Vocal Collection Nyan Tama and Universal Bunny. The next ones are Macross Frontier Concept Album "cosmic cuune" and Macross Frontier ~Sayonara no Tsubasa~ Netabare Album The End of "Triangle" but her famous songs are mostly in Nyan Tama. Universal Bunny is unique in that it is all Sheryl Nome (May'n), the other ones I mentioned feature Ranka etc.

For her non-Macross stuff the albums If You and Heat are my favorites.

8 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

There's also the Powers of Voice album, which is a 3 CD release with her best songs, including many from Frontier

http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Powers_of_Voice

There's only 5 songs I see from Frontier, but if he wants most of the good songs that is one to get. Otherwise he'll have to stick with the Frontier CDs for the Sheryl Nome fix.

21 hours ago, Focslain said:

Thanks guys, think I'll go for the Powers of Voice and the vocal collection to start then bookmark the rest for laters.

Nice. Lately I've been thinking of possibly going again to AFA next year if I don't have enough funds for another Japan trip. Buy her albums I don't have and have her sign it.

2 hours ago, hachi said:

Nice. Lately I've been thinking of possibly going again to AFA next year if I don't have enough funds for another Japan trip. Buy her albums I don't have and have her sign it.

Wish I had that kind of money, only macross related signature I have is a copy of the DYRL soundtrack signed by Mari Iijima. Would love to get a shot at one of the concerts.

20 hours ago, Focslain said:

Wish I had that kind of money, only macross related signature I have is a copy of the DYRL soundtrack signed by Mari Iijima. Would love to get a shot at one of the concerts.

I'm not that moneyed Singapore is just near the Philippines and there are seat sales for flights going there. ^_^; Just to clarify I don't go to AFA every year as that post might have implied. I've only been there once but I got to attend the meet and greet with May'n and I want to do that again. You had to buy something to get in line for autographs though, which is want I meant by buying another one of her albums. The towels and other stuff are overpriced for me.

• 2 weeks later...