If you guys haven't caught the news yet, Kojima is on his way out at Konami. Kojima Productions is know defunct and all staff have officially been brought in under the umbrella of Konami. Kojima's director's position at Konami is over at the end of the month. Many key players (including Kojima) are being kept on as contractors to finish work on and release MGS5.

I'm not liking the sound of that.

MGS and Kojima Productions are the only things I really care about from Konami. They pretty much haven't done anything interesting to me outside of that studio and that property. Is this an early April Fools thing? Please tell me it is. :(

As much as I'd like to say this is another one of Kojima's ruses, this seems pretty real. Konami has put out a press release, websites have been changed/updated, etc etc.

Edited by Duke Togo

Kojima's new studio will be setup on an offshore oil platform, and will take in developers from all over the world

This new studio shall be called.... OUTER HEAVEN!

Edited by Keith

• 2 months later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

Solidus was older, right?

he was pre aged to appear as the president of the united states but part the original octuplets. (only three have survived)

Between MGS5 and Arkham Knight, I'm not sure which to get (fyi, still recovering from recent tandem purchases of a new monitor, Wacom pen and tablet, and a PS4). I thought I'd made up my mind on not getting MGS5 after they split the game in 2, but the trailer really makes me want to get this one. This could well be Kojima's last MGS game, judging from recent happenings at Konami.

Decisions, decisions....

Between MGS5 and Arkham Knight, I'm not sure which to get (fyi, still recovering from recent tandem purchases of a new monitor, Wacom pen and tablet, and a PS4). I thought I'd made up my mind on not getting MGS5 after they split the game in 2, but the trailer really makes me want to get this one. This could well be Kojima's last MGS game, judging from recent happenings at Konami.

Decisions, decisions....

You'vw got 3 months between. Get both. Edited by Keith

I hope Somy gets off their butts and lets people download Portable Ops to their Vita's again.

All that talk of hacking peoples brain with words has me thinking Gene has something to do with XOF even more than before.

The prelude to the original Metal Gear, which takes place 3 years later after this one.

Metal Gear is set in 1995, not '87.

Liked the playable demo but I'm still curious. Did Konami remove weapon licenses from its budget? I was surprised to see them not even use AK for the Kalashnikov's the Soviet troops are using or SVD for that matter. I hope this is changed in the final product.

Edited by Shadow

Guest davidwhangchoi

I hope Somy gets off their butts and lets people download Portable Ops to their Vita's again.

i liked metal gear acid. i want a sequel to that.