I'm liking the direction they're going in here! So PS3, 360, PS4, and XBOne it is. B))

I'm not an early adopter so I'll pick this one up for PS3. I'll probably end up getting the PS4 version too so I can play it with all the works and fixins that come with the new console generation after I adopt the PS4 in a few years.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i wonder what the differences between will be between the ps4/ps3/360 versions. curious to see if their will be a huge performance hit ratio. makes it feel like a sport game release for all consoles.

hope it will be on pc too.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Me too. I wonder how scalable this new engine is. Was it confirmed what platform (or pc equivalent) the trailers came from? I'm guessing it was from a development system (pc) with specs equivalent to PS4/XBOne.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Was it confirmed what platform (or pc equivalent) the trailers came from?

The trailer at the end said 360/ps3/xboxone/ps4 at the end. no mention of pc yet....

the one hope is that metal gear rising came out for pc

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

looks like Metal Gear V was targeted to be made for current gen consoles ps3 and 360 and that he's aiming for minor tweaks like 60fps and a bit higher resolutions for next gen versions. and in the future, design games with next gen consoles in mind

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/4425442/next-gen-metal-gear-solid-5-smartphone-tablet-kojima

• 3 months later...

Nice! Thanks for the heads up :)

I didn't know they released this with the English voices already. So far he sounds good but honestly not all that big of an improvement over Hayter...but it is too early to tell, I think. I like it. Still gonna miss Hayter though.

Edited by xrentonx

• 8 months later...

Loved Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid IV, I just wish I could understand the damn story. Then I might be more excited for this release (and yeah, I'm going to buy it, especially since I already have Ground Zeroes).

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Loved Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid IV, I just wish I could understand the damn story.

-b.

which part of the story... i can try and break it down for you :)

which part of the story... i can try and break it down for you :)

Thank you, appreciate the offer. :D

The smart ass in me wants to say all of it, it just gets a tad convoluted in places. Like The Boss, Ocelot, Snake/Punished Snake/Naked Snake, Solidus, Liquid Snake and Ocelot, Raiden, the Patriots, etc., etc., etc.

Honestly I stopped trying to put it all together but if you have a resource/link/wiki I'll read up and shut up. :lol:

-b.

Thank you, appreciate the offer. :D

The smart ass in me wants to say all of it, it just gets a tad convoluted in places. Like The Boss, Ocelot, Snake/Punished Snake/Naked Snake, Solidus, Liquid Snake and Ocelot, Raiden, the Patriots, etc., etc., etc.

Honestly I stopped trying to put it all together but if you have a resource/link/wiki I'll read up and shut up. :lol:

-b.

Then I'll explain the few terms you have mentioned:

The Boss: mother of All special forces in the USA.Becomes a willing sacrificial pawn for the greater good.

Ocelot: Just read his wiki entry.

Snake,Naked Snake, Punished Snake: Big Boss at different points in his life.

Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, Solidus(George Sears): Clones of Big Boss.

Raiden: Former Child Soldier. Who later becomes a cyborg "ninja"

The Patriots: A group of Individuals chosen to help influence world affairs. These individuals are later killed off over time and replaced with A.I.

^And I thank you. I started reading the wiki page on Ocelot but the more I read the more it kind of reinforced my thoughts on the Metal Gear story it's...scope. I will absolutely read and check out the resources everyone has pointed me to (and again, thank you all :)).

It'll just have to be one weekend where I'm stuck in the house, and in the mood to take notes. B))

-b.

I'm glad the Fulton Recovery system will be in the Phantom Pain but I hope the system is improved and there is a greater deal of risk. ie: You can't use it indoors like in Peacewalker. I also hope you can't just hoist enemy troops into the air in the eyes of other enemy troops without them going on alert. It just takes something away from the stealth of the game and I hope the developers try to make the player consider the consequences of using the Fulton in a hot area. Not only should surrounding guards go on high alert but you run a high risk of having the recovery aircraft being shot down and thus losing a valuable asset. One of the items I liked from Ground Zeroes was that you had to take people to a safe zone to have them recovered. There should be dangerous consequences for not clearing an area out of guards or taking something to a safer point before having it hoisted back to your base.

Edited by Shadow

Ground zeroes found a slightly annoying middle ground between PW and PO. Running 7 people to a drop point got a bit repetitive but hey at least you could sprint while holding them. PW system was ok but I agree with Shadow that it should have more risk involved. Maybe the soldiers should look up every now and again at the choppers picking up all their people.

Ground zeroes found a slightly annoying middle ground between PW and PO. Running 7 people to a drop point got a bit repetitive but hey at least you could sprint while holding them. PW system was ok but I agree with Shadow that it should have more risk involved. Maybe the soldiers should look up every now and again at the choppers picking up all their people.

I was hoping to go a step further with active vehicles. If you're in Afghanistan during the Soviet war, it wouldn't be pleasant for your recovery helicopter to get laid into by an active nearby BTR or a Shilka but that might be alittle too Arma.

Guest davidwhangchoi

^And I thank you. I started reading the wiki page on Ocelot but the more I read the more it kind of reinforced my thoughts on the Metal Gear story it's...scope. I will absolutely read and check out the resources everyone has pointed me to (and again, thank you all :)).

It'll just have to be one weekend where I'm stuck in the house, and in the mood to take notes. B))

-b.

the dlc goes way into too much depth and it's hard to decipher the essential info vs. the extra encyclopedia facts. i think it was meant for those who finished the games 1-3 and some of it will not open till mgs 4 is all done.

prob the easiest thing to so is get the main plot and then the endings of each. which has a plot twist after the ending credits (similar to the marvel movies) which is then explored in the next game.

here's the main plot and ending twists to catch you up and to make sense of the current story. major spoilers obviously ...

game release order

metal gear

metal gear 2

metal gear solid

metal gear solid 2(MGS2) sons of liberty

MGS 3 snake eater

MGS 4

MGS portable ops

MGS peacewalker

MGG 5

Metal Gear Solid

main plot: solid snake goes in to kill off FOX his former unit who's lead by someone identical face liquid snake.

Liquid wants the DNA remains of dead big boss

(previous series metal gear and metal gear 2, solid snake kills big boss who reveals that's his father)

Liquid's second in command is Revolver Ocelot, the first boss battle of metal gear solid.

Ocelot reveals he was a partner w his father big boss, gets his arm sliced off. in mgs 1

by the end of the game liquid snake battles solid and reveals they're both brothers by biological experiment "Les infante terribles"

8 octuplets cloned from big boss. but all of colnes died and only two survived.

solid and liquid snake.

liquid says they put all the dominant genes in solid snake while liquid got all the recessive genes. so he wants big boss' DNA to create a whole army of soldiers and wants to kill solid snake out of jealousy and to be free from being inferior.

snake kills liquid snake

Plot twist ending (after credits role) revolver ocelot (survives) reports to shadowy 3rd person not seen (audio only)

ocelot reveals that in the experiment liquid had the dominant genes while solid snake had the recessive genes but was lied to.

at the end revolver says yes Mr. President of the United States,

Solidus Snake.) end of game.

so that plot twist, cliff hanger sets up mgs 2, where it was revealed 3 clones survived and one of them is president of the united states solidus snake. (also reveals ocelot is a double agent working for the president solidus pretending to be liquid's right had man)

Mgs 2

snake goes in to stop metal gear ray.

ocelot reveals to replace his chopped off arm he grafted in liquids arm off his dead body. lol

later Raiden is introduced as the main guy but snake is still considered the main character storywise just seen thorugh raiden's eyes. Snake goes in to find ocelot and Solidus Snake reveals he aged faster than solid and liquid so he was able to appear as the president of the united states.

he reveals 2 main things. the guys who put him in power are called the "Patriots" and they are really running everything behind the scenes.

second Raiden was a child soldier raised by solidus snake so they have a connection. They battle each other and raiden kills solidus.

Snake finds out the patriots are an artificial intelligence program stored somewhere so they don't really exist. so he's trying to find them.

meanwhile ocelot is having a split personility where liquid's arm and personality is taking over the body of ocelot and then going after the patriots as well.

Mgs 3

kojima disguised the game initially similar to mgs 2m not revealing raiden as the majority gameplay character of mgs2 (which shocked a lot of people since solid snake is only playable for 10 mins and the rest of the time you're Raiden)

this time he reveals nothing except the games is taking place in the 1960's

find outs the main character called "Snake" or naked snake is

Big Boss the main enemy of metal gear 1 and 2, the terrorist leader that solid snake kills (who is also the DNA father of solid, liquid and solidus)

mgs 3 main plot is (big boss' origin who is not yet big boss but just snake) he has to kill his former mentor the Boss.

this is where he meets ocelot for the first time as a really young guy. (referenced in mgs1 ocelot says to solidsnake he fought with his father)

the end reveals that he kills his mentor and that his mentor the Boss did the same to her lover and it's predicted by one of his offspring he will be killed as well.

in the end ocelot reveals his double triple corssing the kgb and was working for the united states. MGS3 also shares where the origin of that "secret group" begins as "the philosophers" origin is introduced.

Plot twist is ocelot reveals he's been working for the united states but acting as a kgb spy.

Mgs4 is back to solid snake in the present. when he is old and is tying up all loose ends. lot of plot twists as well.

portable ops

peace walker

mgs V is the continuing adventures of Big Boss (naked snake) in the past from 1960-1984 taking place directly after Metal Gear Solid 3 which was in the past 1960s.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

the dlc goes way into too much depth and it's hard to decipher the essential info vs. the extra encyclopedia facts. i think it was meant for those who finished the games 1-3 and some of it will not open till mgs 4 is all done.

prob the easiest thing to so is get the main plot and then the endings of each. which has a plot twist after the ending credits (similar to the marvel movies) which is then explored in the next game.

here's the main plot and ending twists to catch you up and to make sense of the current story. major spoilers obviously ...

game release order

metal gear

metal gear 2

metal gear solid

metal gear solid 2(MGS2) sons of liberty

MGS 3 snake eater

MGS 4

MGS portable ops

MGS peacewalker

MGG 5

Metal Gear Solid

main plot: solid snake goes in to kill off FOX his former unit who's lead by someone identical face liquid snake.

Liquid wants the DNA remains of dead big boss

(previous series metal gear and metal gear 2, solid snake kills big boss who reveals that's his father)

Liquid's second in command is Revolver Ocelot, the first boss battle of metal gear solid.

Ocelot reveals he was a partner w his father big boss, gets his arm sliced off. in mgs 1

by the end of the game liquid snake battles solid and reveals they're both brothers by biological experiment "Les infante terribles"

8 octuplets cloned from big boss. but all of colnes died and only two survived.

solid and liquid snake.

liquid says they put all the dominant genes in solid snake while liquid got all the recessive genes. so he wants big boss' DNA to create a whole army of soldiers and wants to kill solid snake out of jealousy and to be free from being inferior.

snake kills liquid snake

Plot twist ending (after credits role) revolver ocelot (survives) reports to shadowy 3rd person not seen (audio only)

ocelot reveals that in the experiment liquid had the dominant genes while solid snake had the recessive genes but was lied to.

at the end revolver says yes Mr. President of the United States,

Solidus Snake.) end of game.

so that plot twist, cliff hanger sets up mgs 2, where it was revealed 3 clones survived and one of them is president of the united states solidus snake. (also reveals ocelot is a double agent working for the president solidus pretending to be liquid's right had man)

Mgs 2

snake goes in to stop metal gear ray.

ocelot reveals to replace his chopped off arm he grafted in liquids arm off his dead body. lol

later Raiden is introduced as the main guy but snake is still considered the main character storywise just seen thorugh raiden's eyes. Snake goes in to find ocelot and Solidus Snake reveals he aged faster than solid and liquid so he was able to appear as the president of the united states.

he reveals 2 main things. the guys who put him in power are called the "Patriots" and they are really running everything behind the scenes.

second Raiden was a child soldier raised by solidus snake so they have a connection. They battle each other and raiden kills solidus.

Snake finds out the patriots are an artificial intelligence program stored somewhere so they don't really exist. so he's trying to find them.

meanwhile ocelot is having a split personility where liquid's arm and personality is taking over the body of ocelot and then going after the patriots as well.

Mgs 3

kojima disguised the game initially similar to mgs 2m not revealing raiden as the majority gameplay character of mgs2 (which shocked a lot of people since solid snake is only playable for 10 mins and the rest of the time you're Raiden)

this time he reveals nothing except the games is taking place in the 1960's

find outs the main character called "Snake" or naked snake is

Big Boss the main enemy of metal gear 1 and 2, the terrorist leader that solid snake kills (who is also the DNA father of solid, liquid and solidus)

mgs 3 main plot is (big boss' origin who is not yet big boss but just snake) he has to kill his former mentor the Boss.

this is where he meets ocelot for the first time as a really young guy. (referenced in mgs1 ocelot says to solidsnake he fought with his father)

the end reveals that he kills his mentor and that his mentor the Boss did the same to her lover and it's predicted by one of his offspring he will be killed as well.

in the end ocelot reveals his double triple corssing the kgb and was working for the united states. and this is where the origin of that "secret group" begins as "the philosophers"

Plot twist is ocelot reveals he's been working for the united states but acting as a kgb spy.

Mgs4 is back to solid snake in the present. when he is old and is tying up all loose ends. lot of plot twists as well.

portable ops

peace walker

mgs V is the continuing adventures of Big Boss (naked snake) in the past from 1960-1984 taking place directly after Metal Gear Solid 3 which was in the past 1960s.

Thank you again David, that certainly paints a clearer picture of the Metal Gear franchise.

Metal Gear: The Story for Dummies (obviously me :lol:).

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thank you again David, that certainly paints a clearer picture of the Metal Gear franchise.

Metal Gear: The Story for Dummies (obviously me :lol:).

-b.

anytime :) , i used to play the nes version (slightly altered from the orginal but the main story intact) all the time so i try to read up on everything. but i really got bored of portable ops and peace walker's gameplay bored me as hell. i can't stand it. i just want to put it on easy and fly through it. i'm not interested in creating mess hall staff and recruits jobs placement etc.

i'm hoping there is less peace walker strategy gameplay and more traditional stealth game play with amazing bosses.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

anytime :) , i used to play the nes version (slightly altered from the orginal but the main story intact) all the time so i try to read up on everything. but i really got bored of portable ops and peace walker's gameplay bored me as hell. i can't stand it. i just want to put it on easy and fly through it. i'm not interested in creating mess hall staff and recruits jobs placement etc.

i'm hoping there is less peace walker strategy gameplay and more traditional stealth game play with amazing bosses.

My favorite of the Metal Gear series (going back to the NES) have to be Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid IV.

Now I'm not at all debating which games may be better across the entire series, because I can't - haven't played them all. I do hope that MGS V has the attributes you listed, minus the ones that based on your comments suck (because seriously, creating staff?).

-b.

Just watched the E3 gameplay trailer and alot of it was what I was concerned about with the Fulton in that you can pretty much Fulton everything without too much risk or fear of the enemy becoming alerted unless they're right there. Please improve the derping AI Mr. Kojima.

I'd love to see a secret mission after PP is beaten to fight young snake in Outer Heaven.

They will definitely have to go back and update the story and mechanical designs of MG 1 and 2 after PP is done and over. The new designs from PW and PP are just too advanced to fit with the classics IMO.