No build up, did you play the Truth mission, and listen to all the tapes?

I did. I played the Truth mission, and listened to all the tapes, even the non yellow marked ones.

I guess I simply didn't like the sudden "gotcha!" kind of revelation. I'd like to see Venom start to realize certain things that don't add up, and the missions in Chapter 2 would slowly leave him doubting his identity. And finally, he either

1. gets a massive concussion in the final mission, falls unconscious and dreams or hallucinates about the truth in the form of the Truth mission, like when the girls in Gunslinger Girl would dream of their actual past when asleep.

2. the real BB knows the game's up, and leaves him a tape which leads to the revelation in the Truth mission.

The thing is, I've been playing mission after mission that doesn't really lead to that revelation. All of a sudden the game drops this on my lap and tells me that's all there is to it.

I know Kojima can tell a hell of a story; I've loved every MGS story, even the more convoluted ones. He can get preachy and weird often times, but MGSV just reeks of a game that just ran out of time and funding. The story itself is fine with me; I just want it to unfold in a more natural way. It's like an editor telling a writer to cram a 300 page story into 150 pages.

Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by GU-11

Guest davidwhangchoi

This is sorta off topic but metal gear related, you know how kojima throws in some bonus in each game. mgs2 he got a razor to shave, mgs3, raiden face camo's, and mgs4 and V got to play with psone snake digital face camo.

for 3, kojima's original model of snake was briefly shown in the intro of mgs3 but ultimately cut as kojima went with the current model.

this model resembles closer to snake from mgs1. i wish they included him as a bonus.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I love that MGS3 trailer, always wondered why they went with the new model over the older one.

i remember someone asking Kojima the same question, it was during a Q&A with a magazine... forgot where but it's prob not online anymore... someone commented along the lines of they noticed a clean(er) shaven younger snake in the title credits intro to mgs 3 and asked Kojima is this young snake going to be appearing in game as a secret like mgs 2 had a shaver. Kojima then elaborated no, they changed character model of snake but left bits and pieces in cutscenes.

he said the reason they changed snake was people were asking him to make snake look more rugged and western, (the original model was based of a japanese model) so they added his mullet hair and, face to have more rough features, and out came the final character.

I made it to chapter 2 only to find you get to repeat some of the exact same main story missions as new main story missions.

Yeah, it was just padding. The good news is that it's all optional. If you play enough random missions and listen to all the yellow-marked tapes, the story missions will eventually unlock by themselves. And for the love of Kojima KEEP THE BUTTERFLY EMBLEM ON! :D

What is up with Diamond Dogs?

They rescue or capture people. Give an enhanced interrogation session. Say okay we believe you welcome to Diamond Dogs you're one of us now. They go on missions with you or build you tech. The a few weeks later you're enhanced interrogate them again.

• 1 month later...