1/60 VF-O disassembly

::NXS::

Hey guys, been tempted to repaint my VF-0A for a long time.

I figured I´d start by disassembling it to figure out how to plan out the painting steps.

So far so good, I am able to completely tear down the arms, chest and back sections and the upper legs.

I can´t do anything with the cockpit section, but that's fine for now.

My main problem is the lower leg: I started removing screws, but it seems that the small intake/radiator piece hust below the landing gear is locked and glued in place. Worst thing is that with all the wiggling and pushing and pulling, the gear assembly is out of position inside the two halves, and the thruster/foot already came off.

Anybody figured out a way around it?

I honestly haven't ever tried taking the lower legs on a VF-0 apart.. though I've pretty much disassembled the entire rest of the thing.

Problem is, it's just glue all over. I've never tried taking apart the intakes either, because there's too much glue involved, and knowing the tendencies of the VF-0's plastic to just shatter, I haven't wanted to mess with it.

If you're trying to get the lower legs apart, are you sure you've got all the screws out? I know there's a rubbery screw cover near the knee joint, so there might be more of those in other places. Really pisses me off too, those stupid screw covers are such a royal pain.

So i´ll just cut it open, carefully...

Hopefully the glued piece will cover the cut areas once completed.

Thanks for the input!

Any ideas how to completely disassemble the cockpit? Is that even possible? I´d love to detail the seat and panels..

Actually, the cockpit's pretty easy, or at least the nose section is. I'm not sure about pulling out the cockpit itself. You just need to remove the screws from the tip of the nose, in the area where the hip bar goes, and one from inside the landing gear well. After that, the nose should pop apart decently easy.

Just make sure to keep track of the landing gear doors, because taking apart the nose will let them fall out, and they could pop loose and fly off somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...