Know of a good convention that would contain macross in 2013? Post he

Thought I'd start this thread up for people like me who have a hard time finding out what conventions would have macross stuff and what kind wouldn't, or maybe I am the only one. Please populate with any conventions you know of in 2013 that would warrant a macross fan attending: dates, location, and web address if you can.

I have been talking with the guy who runs Jerseyfest about having a Sci-Fi spotlight including some macross stuff. It's a long way away but I am hoping to be able to show some of the macross models I have built in a showcase type display. I am hoping that it can be a mini east coast MW meet up if possible.

Here is the website.

http://jerseyfestfair.com/

Like I said i am in preliminary talks with him but he does want 2013 to have a heavy Sci-Fi component.

mike

I have been talking with the guy who runs Jerseyfest about having a Sci-Fi spotlight including some macross stuff. It's a long way away but I am hoping to be able to show some of the macross models I have built in a showcase type display. I am hoping that it can be a mini east coast MW meet up if possible.

Here is the website.

http://jerseyfestfair.com/

Like I said i am in preliminary talks with him but he does want 2013 to have a heavy Sci-Fi component.

mike

Oh man. I want to go there!

I'll be posing more as i find out more but i am hoping that I will be able to get some of the members here stuff displayed at the "showcase"

In short the idea that talked with him about is that the "showcase" would consist of unique sci fi builds, either scratchbuilds or low run garage type kits. I would think that the more commercially stuff would be more in the contest room.

It's a little like the stuff that Jason Eaton did at WF with the 30th anniversary of Empire Strikes Back and the Studio Scale display the year that Lorne Peterson showed up. In fact i am hoping that Jason will be there with some new sci fi stuff.

Planning to have big SW stuff, big BSG stuff like at the above, I am planning on bringing stuff like my 1/24 AT AT and the 31 inch viper that i did, but I am really hoping to have a section for macross stuff along with Mak and some other anime stuff. Guess i would bring stuff like the 1/24 valk, 1/48 pods etc.

I am really hoping that people here will also be able to make it and get some stuff displayed in the showcase or contest. Again the idea for the showcase will be unique stuff, so any of the Capt's kits, old WF kits etc would be great, or any scratchbuilds too....

As more gets hammered out I will likely start a new thread on this, really hoping it all works out....

thanks

mike

Way to get a hook into steering them towards some Macross display, I'd like to see the 1/24 Valk...has to be huge. I'd like to go to a convention once and get to browse for Macross Valks, etc and purchase them rather than always purchasing online. Something about seeing it, buying it, and taking it home.

• 4 weeks later...

4 hrs away - can do! Going back to Cali - too expensive! Plus there's the Battleship New Jersey! PM Mike if you need a hand! Hopefully nothing will come up that I'll have to be out of town then... - MT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jerseyfest. Not too far from NYC, something I'd like to check out.

I saw someone mention Battle ship NJ. I was just thinking about that place today after I drove by the Intreped in NYC. They have a few fighters on the deck. If it only wasn't so cold...!

Edited by Demon_seed_22

• 1 month later...

Just got some cool updates today about Jerseyfest, and i will be talking with the guy who runs it again tonight. I can say i am getting more excited all the time, hope a bunch of people from here can make it. More info when i can share it.....

mike

• 2 months later...