Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning

areaseven

They didn't learn from the last one, did they? Coming to some U.S. theaters on November 30 is Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, the pseudo-sequel to the 2009 flop Universal Soldier: Regeneration. For this film, we see British martial arts actor Scott Adkins (Hector in The Expendables 2, Yuri Boyka in Undisputed 2-3) as the main protagonist John, who is out to avenge the slaying of his wife and daughter. All points lead to Luc Deveraux (played once again by Jean-Claude Van Damme) as the main culprit, as he and yet another clone of Andrew Scott (Dolph Lundgren, of course) lead an army of UniSols to liberate their kind from government rule.

Just like A1 mentioned on another thread: "There has NEVER been a franchise that has been this fuked up. EVER."

Official Site Edited by areaseven

Not even counting the two made for cable movies, is there even any continuity in this franchise. This one feels like it completely ignores everything that's come before it.

There's been talks of a complete reboot of the franchise I believe, but dunno where that's gone. And yes they've thrown continuity with C4 strapped to it and pushed it off the tallest structure known to man.

It's best just not to think about it I guess.

There's been talks of a complete reboot of the franchise I believe, but dunno where that's gone. And yes they've thrown continuity with C4 strapped to it and pushed it off the tallest structure known to man.

It's best just not to think about it I guess.

Hmmm, a reboot of Universal Soldier, eh? I wonder if I could reboot my latest excrement into another pizza, hamburger, hot dog, or some Panda Express. Somehow, I get the feeling that both would still be like....excrement...

Edited by myk

Ok I am a superfan of this disaster of a franchise, I can help sort the continuity out.First of all, this movie is not a reboot, and I can add, it was actually pretty good! That said here is the continuity breakdown:

Universal Soldier - Awesome, though kinda in a 'bad 80's movie kind of way'

Universal Soldier 2 - Made for TV crap, had none of original cast.

Universal Soldier 3 - More Made for TV crap, had none of original cast.

Universal Soldier the Return (the new Universal Soldier 2) - Bad and written by someone who didn't even watch the first one. Totally defied the base of what a Universal Soldier is. You'd think at least Van Damme would have said something.

Universal Soldier Regeneration (the new NEW Universal Soldier 2) - Brought Dolph back, but was still pretty bad. AND mentioned that the soldiers were going to be cloned.

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning - This is actually a sequel of Universal Soldier Regeneration, so if you wanted to call this Universal Soldier 3, you could.

-------

I am still a fan, and this film (Reckoning) is actually great... Still as A7 quoted me as saying, the MOST FUKED UP FRANCHISE EVER. There has never been a reboot of the franchise, from the start but the "part 2" has been done 3 times.

Edited by Agent ONE

I have Directv and it's airing on HDNet TV. :)

I gotta be honest...the fight scenes are damn good (sporting goods store, vs. Dolph in the armory ftw).

It's definitely WAAAAAAAAY better than any of the sequels.