YF-29 3D modeling project

Azagoth

Thanks guys!

That's some nice work! what are you using as a reference?

I'm waiting for the actual YF-29 to arrive in the next few days. For now I'm using lots of screenshots and vf-25 toy. I reckon vf-25 and yf-29 have a lot of similar parts so I work on these for now.

post-11671-0-58878200-1353040066_thumb.jpg

Poor vf-25. Dismembered and disassembled. :D

Woah very nice! Looking forward to seeing the finished product. :)

Oh, you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to seeing it done :D

High praise coming from this guy... ;)

I appreciate every comment. It's part of what keeps me motivated. :)

Small update. I will make a break at this point:

post-11671-0-73710400-1353129157_thumb.jpg post-11671-0-48270900-1353128361_thumb.jpg

Parts of the upper leg shape are closely related to the shoulders in jet mode and to the body in general and I have no clue about the exact form or dimensions so I will have to pause for a few days and wait for the damn package to finally arrive.

Don't mind the somewhat lousy work on some of the small parts, like the inner part of the knee, for example. I do not intend such close-ups but I don't want the surface to look uniform if the camera catches it so I add things to make it look like there's some mechanisms, service hatches and stuff like that. Considering that I model every bit instead of drawing textures, no way am I crazy enough to make it look something like this:

post-11671-0-59664100-1353129965_thumb.jpg

Hmm... On second thought, I can do it...

nah, I kid. :D

Awesome work so far. What program are you using?

Still using 3ds MAX, Chilly ;)

Sorry, for the lack of updates - still waiting for the package. I'm starting to get nervous about it, it was supposed to arrive by now. Made a hand during my work week (which wasn't full of work, luckily) but I forgot to bring the file home, so unfortunately I can't show anything.