DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Well, I would not be surprised if most of us receive an email from hobbyfan stating that our orders have been cancelled due to supply issues. I got that from BBTS with the VF-25S and had to pay $260 from another retailer in a mad scramble to source one.

Edited by OzmaLee74

Took the bait lets see what happens I was hoping HLJ would have their preorders up but if I remember finished in moments when the DX Chogo-kin VF-171 Nightmare Plus came up something about having a 10 per customer limit it was a joke.

Too late to the party again. I would've probably preordered in the $180 range, but it was already knocking on $200 (before their inflated shipping charges)when I woke up this morning, so I'm passing on N-Y. Looking out for HLJ if possible, or just hoping Hobbyfan delivers because, at this point, it's a matter of principle for me as I refuse to play the game at the inflated price.

Well, with Fed Ex it's $253. It's steep and I could see some people with less discretionary spending (technically I'm in that boat with my contract ending in September, anybody know someone in Albuquerque who needs a programmer) being unhappy with that price but I'm glad i could get a pre-order in with a shop that is reputable, or at the very least ships the items you order. I'll keep that HobbyFan one waiting in the wings for awhile. If I only get one that's all I really need. That's the whole squad complete and my favorite looking of the four 25's.

Thanks so much for the heads up last night!! Got one at $183 (but would of paid what it was this morning too!). Now I can relax till June (peace of mind is worth $30 bucks too!). Now I just hope they'd re-issue the VF-25S & F.

Glad most of us got something in with a proven Valk store even if it is at a slightly inflated price. Gonna keep that HF order open out of curiousity and because I'm apparently a dirty supporter of piracy! :)

Gonna keep an eye on hlj though because principles! ...but mainly I just want that sweet sweet discount.

Edited by xrentonx

Nippon Yasan will come through on every order with only as many hiccups as any other legit online retailer would have. I've been "praising" them since the VF-25 Super Parts originally dropped, and there were plenty of "principled" fans who insisted on waiting for HLJ, Ami Ami, etc. due to NY's markup system. Now look where everyone is shopping. :)

Everyone, it'll be fine. With the exception of the 25S, every Bandai Frontier valkyrie I've seen has had extra units available after the release date, and I've always been able to score one below retail, even if it's only HLJ's meager 5% discount.

The only place that have stock after the pre-order that I have been able to find is NY. Their high mark-up is the only reason why they don't sell out there also.

Nippon Yasan will come through on every order with only as many hiccups as any other legit online retailer would have. I've been "praising" them since the VF-25 Super Parts originally dropped, and there were plenty of "principled" fans who insisted on waiting for HLJ, Ami Ami, etc. due to NY's markup system. Now look where everyone is shopping. :)

Apparently still at the other places! :D

I think the markup's are the result of sourcing the items, at retail, from other retailers within Japan and then having to markup in order to make investment worth it.

I am speculating this because the VF-25F I bought from them just last-month was shrink-wrapped and had a magnetic security sticker on it, meaning it was in a retail store. This was packed like no other valk I've purchased from NY, and I've purchase many from them :0

I wouldn't be surprised if they're having a guy call-around and pre-ordering from shops around Japan. Japanese shipping is super duper cheap so it'd be easy to get the discounted brick-mortar valks (which are sold by stores who don't ship overseas) shipped over and then marked up to get the same profit margin they maintain on their direct supply from Bandai. The markup prolly also includes the time spent by their guys who are sourcing the supplies instead of doing other work for the store.

Edited by Duymon

I really do wish NY could get more realistic with their FedEx prices. I've never paid $50 for them with HLJ, and my typical HLJ order is probably 3 to 5 times the physical size and weight of a single vf-25 shipping box.

Their EMS prices don't seem quite as inflated at least, but then you have to deal with post office shenanigans. Oh well. Still worth it in the end. Will be glad to have these bandai valk hunting days over with. :p

Glad most of us got something in with a proven Valk store even if it is at a slightly inflated price. Gonna keep that HF order open out of curiousity and because I'm apparently a dirty supporter of piracy! :)

Gonna keep an eye on hlj though because principles! ...but mainly I just want that sweet sweet discount.

I'm actually giving NY a rest this time and waiting on the HF preorder right there with you, man. If it doesn't go through, I've already decided to just get a V1 RVF and call it a day on Mac F collecting. If it does though, and HF turns out to be a reliable dealer, it's a win-win for us because we'll know we have a source with great prices right in our backyards! ;)

I ended up ordering 2 with NY, each at $183...total $203.75 since I picked SAL register.

Only wanted one but I wanted to pay in YEN so had to order again.

Anyone want the other one from me before I cancel that order? PM me if you want it.

(You'll need to pay me so I can pay them now...)

I am on the SS list so no worries.

NY-san's fedex prices are higher because they don't get a sweet-heart bulk-deal like HLJ does. That's why I end up using EMS to save money :(

I don't know if it's changed but back in the day HLJ shipped like 2-3 times a week when they had sufficient volume to qualify for the bulk discount on shipping.

Is that still the case now?

Although I frown at NY's FedEx prices, I still chose it over EMS since I continue to have bad experiences with LA customs taking more than a week to clear. Just 2 weeks ago I ordered 2 things from Japan which shipped the same day. One was EMS and one was SAL. The SAL one arrived 2 days before the EMS one even though it arrived 10 days earlier in LA. Til things improve with customs in LA, I'm ok paying for the higher price of FedEx.

Yes it does:

DX-RVF-25-Renewal-Ver-03_1362114468.jpg

(courtesy to Toyark.com)

That's kinda sad I'd rather would see an included Ghost. :(

Especially since it's the same color then the one that came with Alto. One in the color of Lucas cheek marks would be appropriate.

Edited by Scyla

since im at work right now and most of the www is blocked here, so i can't check for myself, does any of the official pictures of the RVF-25 show a gunpod?

Yeah it has a gunpod in the pics so we'll prolly get one. Don't know if it'll be mountable in fighter or not though.

I'm gonna steal the gunpod from my RVF to make a 25A custom :p

Well they got kinda creative with the mount with the VF-25G so maybe the mounting point will angle after it comes through the arms so it can rest besides the radar fin.

In Gerwalk-mode the connection should then be pretty simple.

Did Luca even fire off a shot with his gunpod in the anime? :p

Nope. The only two times he whipped out his gunpod ironically it was shot instead of shooting.......once in Epi 7 and again in Epi 14.

That's why I could care less about displaying him with his gunpod and will be stealing it to convert a 25G to a 25A. (the gerwalk bar and gun mount is only secured by friction so you can exchange the bars between the renewal 25's pretty easily.