DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

It's a long-shot, but I just pre-ordered a few off of Hobbyfan.com. I doubt they'll pull through but if they do I'll be pleasantly surprised.

What ist the problem with Hobbyfan.com do they have the tendency to not fulfill pre-orders?

Have you ordered anything from them before? There's no up front payment on preorder right?

Not when you place the pre-order but they send you a payment request usually two weeks before the item is available where you have to pay.

Edited by Scyla

HobbyFan has been pretty good with fulfilling orders from my experience, but that's mostly from exclusive anime figures. When it comes to these Bandai Valks, it's a little hard to determine as in the past they haven't been able to fulfil the renewals and YF-29 due to shortages from their supplier(s). So with these renewals, it's still best to go through the Japanese vendors. HobbyFan just receives their items usually at a later date as they get their shipments by boat (I think).

If you checkout with a credit card they won't charge you until the item is ready to be shipped.

Edit: stupid iPhone typos.

Edited by Phalanix

HObby-fan has been pretty good for me in the past. One time a garage kit I pre-ordered was delayed a year and they called me after I'd forgotten about it and told me my CC expired lol.

Crossing my fingers because..well.. it's Bandai lol

how soon before we get HLJ orders up, because if I remember correctly last time hardly any one was able to get a vf 17 as they had a ridicules 10 items per a customer limit and it was sold out almost instantly like all the other retailers I need up having to go to Nippon yissan who I hope will open up preorders soon again.

Edited by moose

Good question they have opened pre-orders for other Bandai products that will be released in June. No RVF-25 though.

Last time the opened pretty late for the VF-171CF I assume they will open when the have a confirmation of the available stock from Bandai.

I assume somewhere around next week.

Be warned the pre-order batch for the last Bandai Valkyrie was a few dozen units. So they will sell out in seconds especially when the production run of Luca

is lower than the other releases.

Good question they have opened pre-orders for other Bandai products that will be released in June. No RVF-25 though.

Last time the opened pretty late for the VF-171CF I assume they will open when the have a confirmation of the available stock from Bandai.

I assume somewhere around next week.

Be warned the pre-order batch for the last Bandai Valkyrie was a few dozen units. So they will sell out in seconds especially when the production run of Luca

is lower than the other release

Really its lower then the other how come crap they would be stupid to do that, is this lower production run all in due to the fact that many of the version 1 were not selling we crap that's their fault for not have a proper gerwalk mode or is it because the show is not one anymore and they think the popularity has died down a bit.

If NY and hobbyfan pulls through I might end up with 5 RVF's, which I'll gladly pass along to MW members :0

The RVF is my fav valk. I really want to see one in ghost grey with a yellow nose :0

You serious? FIVE?!?

Thanks for the head's up on hobbyfan, and just like that I've placed an order for one... and for amost $20 less than N-Y to boot which more than pays for shipping... likely a better price than HLJ, although not as good as AmiAmi's discount, but they've become an impossible source to shop with where renewals are concerned. What's the worst that can happen? -- They end up not being able to fulfill all preorders and I'll need to secure one elswhere for more than MSRP, which would have been the case anyway if I waited until Monday or Tuesday to see if N-Y reopens their preorder, and with no money up-front I lose nothing.

Edited by mechaninac

Yeah, thanks for the update, I'll go ahead and try there. Not sure if I'll grab a redundant order from NY or not yet, but might just to be on the safe side.

I am curious why their price is so much cheaper though. Even with shipping, it came out cheaper than NY's base price (though I only opted for priority mail instead of express :p)

We'll just have to wait and see how that works out.

You serious? FIVE?!?

the 3 from hobbyfan cost the same as 2 from NY. Minus well :p

If the Hobbyfan ones pull through I'll keep 1 for super and 2 for customs. Then I'll pawn off the NY's at cost on Mworld.

The Elint-type valks are my favorites. I have like 5 1/72 RVF-25's

Edited by Duymon

I hope that means less competition if NY reopens their pre-orders. :D

Sorry, I'll be going for two RVF's. I really like the way it looks both with and without super packs. It's the only one I like with the packs so I'd be more likely to get two of these.

Sorry, I'll be going for two RVF's. I really like the way it looks both with and without super packs. It's the only one I like with the packs so I'd be more likely to get two of these.

Oh I'm pretty sure that all other that ordered now at Hobbyfan will to the very same, so don't feel guilty :D

Eh, I'm perfectly content having one of each type. I've picked up all the various super/armor packs, but I don't see much of a reason to display multiples at the same time. Not to mention.. I have no display space in the first place. :lol:

Really that's why I got so many of the kits of the various versions, but didn't build them until I knew the renewals were coming. If I couldn't get a good transformable toy, I was going to try and build my super/armored Ozma and Alto to be transformable. Since the renewals fixed that need for a good transformable super/armored VF-25, I'm just going to build each kit permanently in a different mode, and display those.

It's a long-shot, but I just pre-ordered a few off of Hobbyfan.com. I doubt they'll pull through but if they do I'll be pleasantly surprised.

For a moment I thought you meant Hobby Search, had to do a double take. I don't think they're going to get these; in fact just for fun I just put 899 of those into my shopping cart and their site was actually going to let me check out with that many. I can't imagine Bandai is going to actually ship product to a company that is known for bootlegging products.

who knows. Still have 2 from NY so if Hobbyfan goes through it's a only a bonus :D

I get what you are saying. What I'm asking is has anyone actually goten a V2 from those guys, ever? I've never even seen them mentioned here before. Kind of surprised actually given that they mostly just bootleg and "reissue" garage kits. Can't imagine they're going to be able to fill my order for 899 units. :D

I get what you are saying. What I'm asking is has anyone actually goten a V2 from those guys, ever? I've never even seen them mentioned here before. Kind of surprised actually given that they mostly just bootleg and "reissue" garage kits. Can't imagine they're going to be able to fill my order for 899 units. :D

You may interfere with future orders from other users unless you really plan to buy whatever quota they manage to assign to you...

If they can actually fill the existing orders, that is.

I've bought plenty of legit kits and toys from Hobbyfan without an issue. They may have started as a garage-kit dealer but they do sell lots of legit stuff....