DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Got mine a few days ago. Usual QC for Bandai's stuff. It'd really be nice if Bandai could make wings that weren't warped.

Still, it's nice to finally have the entire SMS Skull Squadron... only 5 freaking years after Frontier's original run. :p

The wings on mine aren't warped at all....

Woohoo! Arrived Tuesday 25th (via registered SAL), picked it up today and no customs or duties. NY only declared 10 euros, but the registered insurance was for 27,000Y - I'm just so happy that I didn't get dinged by the government again. Just took it out and it all looked great - it was somewhat mis-aligned in the box - but a few snaps here and there aligned it up nicely (at least in plane mode). Will transform it tonight when I get home from work to check out the toy, but I think this bird is staying in the aircraft mode for most of its life. The mint green is still an odd choice from a design point of view.

I just finished unpacking/transforming/poseing mine...

OH MY GOD, IT'S SO GOOD!

1282466188878.png

It's so pretty, I love the colors, especially the bluish-steel metallic on the feet.

9155578728_2415845c80_c.jpg
ELINT by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

The VF-27 looks so sad next to the renewal and the 171, but I just can't accept paying so much for an only partially remolded version with fast packs.

9153353617_94cb5e2370_c.jpg
Macross Frontier by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

so what's with otacute. They updated their facebook page but no word on RVF-25

I gave up on them and went with HLJ. They may yet come through but I've had a bad feeling about them since they missed the release date 2 weeks ago.

Edited by IXTL

I gave up on them and went with HLJ. They may yet come through but I've had a bad feeling about them since they missed the release date 2 weeks ago.

well what do you know! Just got my email from otacute!

they even have some for sale

Edited by pikashoo

This is bullshit! Fedex has always come through for me even delivering packages before their scheduled delivery date and today my RVF was supposed to be delivered and it wasnt. The last scan shows it was in Memphis and I called FedEx and they are looking for the package.

Got an email from Otacute stating my preorder for the RVF-25 is ready to be shipped. Strange thing is that i'm pretty sure that i didn't place a preorder with them especially since i got one from N-Y. The only thing i can think of is that i clicked on the wish list button (or the Otacute equivalent ) back during preorder time and they gave me one from a cancelled preorder? I bought it anyway. For $128 dollers you can't go wrong. Just wished i didn't pay N-Y scalper prices for my first one (still haven't got it yet).

Otacute actually has it back up for pre-order, so I guess more stock is headed their way $147.50 USD + Shipping. I really don't need another Luca and have been trying hard to avoid it every time I run across them when searching the JP web.

I just finished unpacking/transforming/poseing mine...

OH MY GOD, IT'S SO GOOD!

1282466188878.png

It's so pretty, I love the colors, especially the bluish-steel metallic on the feet.

9155578728_2415845c80_c.jpg

ELINT by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

The VF-27 looks so sad next to the renewal and the 171, but I just can't accept paying so much for an only partially remolded version with fast packs.

9153353617_94cb5e2370_c.jpg

Macross Frontier by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Just so I know do these armor parts chip the paint or damage the plastic ?