DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Mine is still stuck in "Preparation in progress" since last Fri. It's almost 3PM over there too.

same, they also haven't responded to my customer service email. I'm freaking out again... :wacko:

Finally decided to hunt for one(you'd think after all these years I'd known better to preorder) are any stores still selling these? Hated Luca but I have an unholy passion for electronic warfare birds at the moment.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just ordered w my private proxy guy for the RVF-25... i'm still holding out on updates for otacute bc i have a vf25f on pre-order like a few on here do.

update: just paid and shipping out wed EMS! woohoo

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i just ordered w my private proxy guy for the RVF-25... i'm still holding out on updates for otacute bc i have a vf25f on pre-order like a few on here do.

update: just paid and shipping out wed EMS! woohoo

So you paid otacute?

Finally decided to hunt for one(you'd think after all these years I'd known better to preorder) are any stores still selling these? Hated Luca but I have an unholy passion for electronic warfare birds at the moment.

If enough of the preorders get cancelled, you'll probably see them popping up for at or below retail at NY soon. I don't know if it'll happen, but it's worth watching their listing page to see if the price drops from where it was before the release.

yeah, i was referring to proxy buy

thanks!

I figured so but just double checking. =) I cancelled my Otacute and Hobbyfan preorders and felt kind bummed about losing out on the low prices but if they are not going to be able to deliver then it makes my keeping the NY one justifiable.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I figured so but just double checking. =) I cancelled my Otacute and Hobbyfan preorders and felt kind bummed about losing out on the low prices but if they are not going to be able to deliver then it makes my keeping the NY one justifiable.

yeah, i got mine for 14500yen + 3600yen EMS shipping so i think it'll work out if otacute doesn't come through on it's pre-orders.. i'll just have to go proxy with the vf-25F

Guest davidwhangchoi

Some one asked me to pass on the info. i didn't preorder from hobbyfan just passing along for those wondering if anyone got a response.

Re: RVF-25 preorder

From hobbyfan:

"We have just got the update from Japan late Friday last week. We have a got zero qty. Everyone is getting cancel due to extremely low production according supplier."

Edited by davidwhangchoi

well.. thank god I have an RVF sitting in my private warehouse at HLJ lol

Still waiting to see how Otacute pans out though.

I sent otacute an email today im gonna wait for their response if not im ordering one from another retailer tomorrow.

Sheeesh.. I gotta wonder what type of effect this has on shops who stock Bandai stuff. How can you make any kind of yearly budget projection when the company providing your wares shafts you out of entire product runs? :rolleyes:

Glad I got my NY order at least, but it's strange how long this one is taking to process. I got the "shipped" notification around midnight, but still no update with a tracking notification.

I had an order for the RVF at hobbyfan as well back when they opened, but after that I checked on their site and noticed that they usually ask for a payment at preorder on every valk item they had be it Bandai's DX or Yamato. Seeing they didn't set up any upfront payment on the RVF I was quite sure they wouldn't deliver on this item. I have a feeling that Hobbyfan knew that from the moment their preorder page was opened.

On the other hand I have a feeling that Otacute will still come through, they are in the process of closing so it makes sense that their processing of the orders is slower than it used to be.

You know, honestly.. that doesn't bother me nearly as much as the crappy fit of the parts. I can make up for their ineptitude at painting things easily enough, but I have half a mind to go and make shapeways replacements for all the junky die-cast parts the renewals have. I know people like their die-cast, but seriously, that looks freaking ugly.

You know, honestly.. that doesn't bother me nearly as much as the crappy fit of the parts. I can make up for their ineptitude at painting things easily enough, but I have half a mind to go and make shapeways replacements for all the junky die-cast parts the renewals have. I know people like their die-cast, but seriously, that looks freaking ugly.

That just reminded me of something completely unrelated. We've got all this technology for home printing stuff out of plastic, when are we going to have a machine that we can use to home print stuff out of solid metal?

Like a CNC machine for the house? Aren't those like multiples of tens of thousand dollars? Will take a while to get it affordable.

Plus all of the cutting fluid, maintenance necessary for the machine, etc. makes for a real big pain in the butt.

Edited by grymg