DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

I think he's referring to the general situation of ordering new Bandai MacF releases. ^_^

The fist batch is already sold out at NY so I hope they can secure more stock in the following days.

The huge pre-order window of the VF-171CF leaves me worried though.

Edited by Scyla

No one really knows. Just that it is really early in the mornings here in the West. Every retailer puts them up at a different hour though.

Well the pre-order window at amiami opened at 4 pm in Japan but even if you were on-line at this point it was still a gamble to get one because the items were all gone in seconds while the server was lacking.

I had several times a add to cart button who was not responding. Others hat the items in their cart but they where gone (i.e. sold to another customer) before they could checkout.

Most other stores opened their pre-order slot in the following hour. So I assume the best time frame will be from 4 to 6 pm JST.

Nope, didn't have a snowball's chance in...well, you get the picture. I was up until 12:00am PST and followed the antics. Unfortunately, I don't see how a purchase is possible with less than a one-minute window to work with. Even if you can manage to get an item in your cart it still takes time to complete the order.

Btw, does anyone know how many orders these online retailers place in these short time frames? AmiAmi limits one order to one customer, so how many customers actually complete orders? It seems like it must be a very low number.

The retailers open up pre-orders periodically when they confirm more incoming stock, but the randomness is very hard to catch.

And yes, I was referring to getting mine from NY when they re-open their pre-orders (at a slight premium), it's better than the eBay price gouging. Plus, no sleepless nights trying to catch a pre-order window that might or might not happen.

Edited by Phalanix

Didn't NY open up more preorders (at the higher price) very quickly after the initial preorder for previous bandai releases? Just thought it was strange that the higher price preorder hasn't happend yet.

Chris

Didn't NY open up more preorders (at the higher price) very quickly after the initial preorder for previous bandai releases? Just thought it was strange that the higher price preorder hasn't happend yet.

Chris

For the VF-171CF they didn't re-open pre orders till the next day or day after, since it's the weekend, we probably won't see NY re-opening the pre-order till Monday I'm guessing. But just in case, I'm gonna keep an eye on them tonight. LOL

There's still HLJ, something to keep watch for as well. :)

I blame all the reviewers who gave the Renewals a buy recommendation!

Because would've they rated them badly no one would want one!

I could order the VF-25F and VF-25S without a problem because no one knew what to expect from the V2s.

And with the VF-25G the madness begun!

*crying manly tears*

Just kidding guys! Of course I blame: *rolls a dice*

HarmonyGold

for this PoS!

:ph34r:

Although, it does serve as a bit of consolation in the event that someone isn't able to get one. :lol:

Really, the only reason I want one is to get all four of them together, but if I was going to leave one out, it would be Luca. Really, the RVF doesn't do much for me. If anything, since that one would never leave fighter mode, I may steal the crotch plate from it, and repaint it in Michael's colors to fix the fact that mine was missing. <_<

Luca himself may be a tepid character at best, but his Messiah is another story. The RVF is very unique looking in terms if aesthetics with the VE-1-esque upper dish and the Supersylph inspired sensor fin, despite the near nauseating light green / almost 50's aqua coloring it wears.

Edited by mechaninac

Everyone, it'll be fine. With the exception of the 25S, every Bandai Frontier valkyrie I've seen has had extra units available after the release date, and I've always been able to score one below retail, even if it's only HLJ's meager 5% discount.

When is HLJ opening up their preorder this is getting old fast and we have 1 more valk after this and then Bandi can go and #$#% themselves

Well potentially 4 more with the 3 VF-27 variants and the RVF-171...think of all the frustration you still might have to look forward to!

I'm not that familiar with the V1 releases, didn't the RVF only come with it's armor the first time around? Is Bandai actually pulling product out of the box this time? With customers as pissed as they already are about availability? If so that's some seriously egotistical testicular fortitude.

Edited by Lupin The Third

Well I hope they release the YF-30 and the VF-27 Renewal at some point as DX Chogokin I have already reserved places for them in my cabinets as well as for the RVF-25 lets see if it ever gets into my reach.

No news from NY though- Man I hate weekends. ^_^

I'm not that familiar with the V1 releases, didn't the RVF only come with it's armor the first time around? Is Bandai actually pulling product out of the box this time? With customers as pissed as they already are about availability? If so that's some seriously egotistical testicular fortitude.

The V1 releases of Michael and Luca ONLY came bundled with their respective super packs, so yeah. The bundles were also the only ones to come with stands the first time around.

Personally, I'm ok ordering the packs separately this time because it saves me the trouble of getting duplicate valks just to get the packs, but I'd much rather see bundles to begin with. I may be wrong here, but it seems like the renewal releases are spaced much further apart than the originals. Granted, there've been a few releases in between to break things up (the 171 and YF-29s), but it's like Bandai has gone with a "we're only going to work on one release at a time, and we're not going to bundle anything ever" approach to the renewals.

I'm pretty sure the first time around, Michael and Luca were released almost simultaneously.

I'll be honest though... for as much time as Luca spent out of fighter mode, or without packs (did they ever even come off?), I'm almost tempted to just pick up the v1 release that NY is still selling, and be done with it. I feel like the RVF-25 really needs those packs to help balance out the design.

The V1 releases of Michael and Luca ONLY came bundled with their respective super packs, so yeah. The bundles were also the only ones to come with stands the first time around.

Personally, I'm ok ordering the packs separately this time because it saves me the trouble of getting duplicate valks just to get the packs, but I'd much rather see bundles to begin with. I may be wrong here, but it seems like the renewal releases are spaced much further apart than the originals. Granted, there've been a few releases in between to break things up (the 171 and YF-29s), but it's like Bandai has gone with a "we're only going to work on one release at a time, and we're not going to bundle anything ever" approach to the renewals.

I'm pretty sure the first time around, Michael and Luca were released almost simultaneously.

I'll be honest though... for as much time as Luca spent out of fighter mode, or without packs (did they ever even come off?), I'm almost tempted to just pick up the v1 release that NY is still selling, and be done with it. I feel like the RVF-25 really needs those packs to help balance out the design.

Looks like someone beat you to it (unless that was you who got their last one). Ok so the Super Parts (for the YF-29 30th) are 3150Â¥ and the Armor Parts for the VF-171 were 5040Â¥, the valks retail for ~14000Â¥ and the RVF-25 V1 retailed for 17,000Â¥...so surprisingly that's about the same price point depending on which parts kit. Not bad then, I thought Bandai was really fleecing us.

It's a long-shot, but I just pre-ordered a few off of Hobbyfan.com. I doubt they'll pull through but if they do I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Have you ordered anything from them before? There's no up front payment on preorder right?

Edit: I went ahead and place the preorder, keeping my fingers and toes cross! :p

Edited by Valkyrie2008