IXTL

171 exes need MDE love too

I was actually thinking of taking the reaction warheads and putting them on my Alto 171 and arming the 3 CF's with MDE's. I opened one of my CF super part sets and was like damn those missiles are huge. I still have not taken the time to get all mine back into fighter mode yet to outfit them.

Yeah, I thought about the different color wings. I was going to pickup an Alto, as it doesn't seem to have the QC issues that the CF has; the CF armor is cheaper and has the extra missiles. But, now I don't know if I even really want a 171. It never really caught my eye in the show, but it does look pretty good in armor. Decisions, decisions.

If it were me, I'd go with the Alto over the CF because of all the breakage issues with the later. As I mentioned, I have barely touched mine and the "NUNS" black parts and the black triangles underneath both have nice cracks. I just got the armor for it (which I ordered long before I saw the cracks) and when putting on I was paranoid the black parts were going to fall apart because I was actually handling the Valk. So pretty much my CF will NEVER be transformed. Sad because it's a TRANSFORMING figure.

I say screw the wing-hard points, get an Alto and CF armor if you can't find Alto armor within your price range. At least that would probably be something you can actually handle and enjoy! :)

Was finally able to attach the armor parts today. Lo and behold I found a crack on right shoulder triangle. The good news is that the break was able to be repaired with a little super glue and should hold because the pauldron is holding it in place. What sucks is that I only transformed this bird once and like others here was very careful. Anyhoo, here are some pics.

null_zps58aead03.jpg

null_zps5e57478b.jpg

null_zps359ff21b.jpg

null_zps09727bda.jpg

EDIT: Although the NUNS is still in place, transforming it back to fighter mode put pressure on the crack and the glue came undone. Going to try some stronger epoxy instead. Jeez! Wonder why they just didn't use the ones from the Alto version on this one.

Edited by OzmaLee74

Yeah, it doesn't matter if you transform it or not. The triangles are such shitty plastic that they will fall apart eventually.

If you buy one New in the box 5 years from now and transform it, it will probably break apart on you.

I am about to put on my armor. I must say Bandai is smart. As I look at my 171. I am really thinking I should get another just for fighter and gerwalk. The plastic quality is crappy but the design is just beautiful. In fighter mode the battle config is really bad ass. Only second to the VF25 full amor.

Edited by SilentCrossHairs

I bought 6 armor packs for my 6 CF's,. but realize I only needed 3 armor packs.... 3 battroids get armored while the 3 fighter modes get missiles...

FIguring out what I should do with the remaining 3 sets... maybe get 3 more CF's and soup them up in fighter or gerwalk? O_o

Edited by Duymon

Got my Armored Parts from NY - excellently packed (I was afraid since the box was really battered up and squished in the middle - but the inside contents were perfect!) - can't wait to weather them up and apply them to the VF-171 - amazing design! Got away without customs & duty too - woohoo NY!!!

Ditto on getting my 171 CF Armor Pack today; like many have stated, those MDEs and Reaction missiles are HUGE! Swapping the wings for the hard-point ones gave me a chance to closely examine the black NUNS panels and corresponding triangular pieces, something I haven't done since I got the Nightmare Plus, and I'm happy to report that, so far, with no transformation cycles (displayed in fighter mode, sitting on its landing gears from day one), they're all intact... I so want them to remain that way that I dread the prospect of transforming this toy.

Was finally able to attach the armor parts today. Lo and behold I found a crack on right shoulder triangle. The good news is that the break was able to be repaired with a little super glue and should hold because the pauldron is holding it in place. What sucks is that I only transformed this bird once and like others here was very careful. Anyhoo, here are some pics.

null_zps09727bda.jpg

I have always loved how this thing looks in Gerwalk.

Guys, have you notice the the new big missiles have less grip strength than the old missiles? One problem with this is the new missiles cannot be mounted on Yamato VF-1 - they are too loose to hold. I hope the Arcadia YF-19's missiles will be compatible.

Hi ! I´ve received the parts today :).

Here´s some pics :)

post-16051-0-39565600-1381369851_thumb.jpg

post-16051-0-32329900-1381369873_thumb.jpg

Guys, have you notice the the new big missiles have less grip strength than the old missiles? One problem with this is the new missiles cannot be mounted on Yamato VF-1 - they are too loose to hold. I hope the Arcadia YF-19's missiles will be compatible.

Just put some white tape (the one used to paint something) in the "pin" that connects to the hardpoint !

The problem is that the Bandai hardpoints are "carved" in the wing, whereas Arcadia (or Yamato) don´t. Look at my pics :)