IXTL

WTF.....................................http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c6b2c0dcf

Love how Bandai wants to make sure scalpers make money. There is no way they couldn't figure out which vendor of theirs this is and instead of sending these asshats units send extra to amiami, hlj, hobbysearch, etc...but no, that would actually protect the consumer. Heaven forbid that Bandai make sure their customers are satisfied. This is exactly why I have made the resolution that I will not pay over retail for these. I purchased the 25F, YF-29, and 3 of the VF-171ex at retail. I will not touch the ones I am missing for inflated prices like this; I don't care how pretty they are. In the end it's a floppy toy that's going to disentegrate.

Your rants are confusing... WANT SO BAD... RAAAGGEE... THESE TOYS SUCK!

Haha...yes. I do want them. They are super cool toys and totally beautiful. But the way Bandai conducts their business virtually all of us here either get fleeced, or don't even buy them because they get scalped so high. This is another great example; the toy's release date is announced and within 24 hours a seller has it up on Ebay for twice retail before a single legit seller even take preorders. Meanwhile we can be assured that Bandai will make absolutely certain that Amiami, HLJ, HS, CDJapan, et al (you know, LEGITIMATE RETAILERS) don't receive enough to fill their orders but this asshat on Ebay will certainly get his shipment. It's ridiculous.

Also I didn't say these toys suck. It's one thing to spend the ~$150 or so they are supposed to retail for on these; it's completely another to spend ~$400 on them given Bandai's track record with long term durability. I'm not a person who shys away from high end purchases, but there is a huge difference between paying $250-300 for a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Saturn, $500 for the Neo-Geo Home Cart Version of Mark of the Wolves, or $2000 for a FN PS90 compared to something like this. Those things hold and accrue their value; even when used. Paying 2-3 times retail price for a Valkyrie before it even releases...well that's just silly.

Man, I think i have Panzer Dragoon Saga just squirreled away in a box under my parents house... Apparently I should dig it out! Let's not say "legitimate retailers" as the people in Bandai's distribution circles are perfectly legit. Yes, a few scalpers get them, but that same thing happens with Yamato goods. WIth Yamato goods we all just laugh at those people though and get them through retailers who don't sell out instantly. With Bandai goods that option vanishes quickly.

Man, I think i have Panzer Dragoon Saga just squirreled away in a box under my parents house... Apparently I should dig it out! Let's not say "legitimate retailers" as the people in Bandai's distribution circles are perfectly legit. Yes, a few scalpers get them, but that same thing happens with Yamato goods. WIth Yamato goods we all just laugh at those people though and get them through retailers who don't sell out instantly. With Bandai goods that option vanishes quickly.

Haha...going to sell it off to buy your next Valk then huh? At least with Yamato we have a chance to buy at retail; and even the VF-4G's are only about 30% more than retail on Ebay right now. Which isn't too bad if you missed preorders for a limited item that just shipped and certainly nowhere near as bad as paying twice-three times retail before it even releases. And I do believe that if a seller is already taking product and listing it for more than twice retail that they are in fact hurting the brand and the consumer; the manufacturer should send their allotment elsewhere. It's not like Bandai would be selling them to HLJ for less than they did to DouchebagToyHK. So why let someone with no morals whatsoever like that stock you product and screw the fans while you short ship reputable vendors with a proven history and positive customer support. It just baffles me that Bandai seems to want people to have bad purchasing experiences and get fleeced...not exactly the best way to buy consumer confidence and loyalty. Eventually even the most successful businesses can collapse under such arrogant leadership.

So are these things available for preorder or has the ship saild on this? Not in a Rush since i'm not that crazy about Frontier.

Nope. No one has put them up yet aside from the one scalper on Ebay.

Edited by Lupin The Third

That dark blue color scheme sure is pretty. I don't like the VF171 as much as the VF-17 (mostly because of the skinny feet on the 171. Silly, I know, but those big feet on the 17 just look better to me). However, in this color, it looks gorgeous all around.

That dark blue color scheme sure is pretty. I don't like the VF171 as much as the VF-17 (mostly because of the skinny feet on the 171. Silly, I know, but those big feet on the 17 just look better to me). However, in this color, it looks gorgeous all around.

I agree the color is phenomenal, I might try to get 3x if I can.

The new trio is Bandai's new marketing ploy. Let's make the gaijin want an entire fleet...then we can laugh at them when they can't even buy one!

But I have to agree...that trio make me want a bundle all to myself. Maybe this means Bandai is going to manufacture more than 15 units total?!?!

Edited by Lupin The Third

lol... so the madness begins. :lol:

Wasn't going to go after this but that blue is kind of pretty, I wonder if anyone would want a trade theirs for a 171EX...

not :p

Edited by anime52k8