IXTL

So another one that will be almost imposible to order I imagine......

***K ME! GOD DAMIT!

I WANT THIS SO BAD AND I JUST KNOW I WILL MISS OUT ON IT. STUPID WEB EXCLUSIVES! :angry:

......calm blue ocean..............calm blue ocean...........calm blue ocean..........calm blue ocean.......

Edited by logos

This

I fell in love with this one from its very first appearance in Frontier. This is the one I really wanted when they announced Alto's. Glad to see it (apparently) sold well enough for them to green light this. I did my part in hopes this would happen. Preordering as soon as I'm able to.

Great news!!!

Now I'm stressed about the pre-order options... I believe this one has more demand than the EX :huh:

Why would it? No other non-hero Valk has had that much demand. Hell, even semi-hero valks like the VF-11B didn't do great (yeah, it was too expensive too.)

I'm so getting this. I have Alto's EX, but this is a real must have (also thrilled about the announcement of the RVF-25, but not so enthused with the rehashed VF-27... gimme a renewal dammit).

Why would it? No other non-hero Valk has had that much demand. Hell, even semi-hero valks like the VF-11B didn't do great (yeah, it was too expensive too.)

True that it's not a hero VF, but this is the one for which people were clamoring all along from the very announcement of the 171EX, at least in these forums... I have no idea what the demand will be in the home market, but if past renewals, YF-29s, and the EX are any indication, this and the RVF-25 are also going to be a "blink and you miss the initial discounted pre-order ordeal"; thankfully, NY should continue to be a reasonably priced source for them.

The VF-11s are not a good comparison to Bandai's Frontier line, in my opinion: For one, it's a Yamato product with very different scales of production numbers and distribution, and two, the price points on Bandai's VFs are much less expensive (provided one secures a pre-order during the very limited window of availability) than Yamato's offerings, which tend to be far more expensive initially, be available for a lot longer, and have slightly better quality... although nowhere near enough of an advantage to warrant their ludicrous MSRPs.

Please don't let be online exclusive, please don't let be online exclusive, please don't let be online exclusive...

Really? Please do be a Tamashii web exclusive. Then the pre-order would be open for days/weeks, not seconds/minutes. Plus, everyone who ordered one---would actually get one!

Or do you prefer it only being available for 3.5 seconds at HLJ and Ami-Ami like the past year's worth of "normal" releases?

Really? Please do be a Tamashii web exclusive. Then the pre-order would be open for days/weeks, not seconds/minutes. Plus, everyone who ordered one---would actually get one!

Or do you prefer it only being available for 3.5 seconds at HLJ and Ami-Ami like the past year's worth of "normal" releases?

What he said.

Good point, hadn't realized that. Still it would make them much more expesive than they're going to be (oh my aching wallet). Then again macross toys was never a cheap hobby for any of us. :lol:

Good point, hadn't realized that. Still it would make them much more expesive than they're going to be (oh my aching wallet). Then again macross toys was never a cheap hobby for any of us. :lol:

Actually it would be cheaper for 75% of the people from this forum. Even if proxy buying shops added a service charge they would start competing with each other and that charge would end up being something like 1000 Yen! Just look how attractive are the prices for the current Tamashii Exclusives!

No hardpoints and strangely, Bandai has tampoed "No Step" markings on the underside of the wings.

0LFLh.jpg

If it weren't for the fact that the under wing details are different from the top, one might think that the pegs had dropped out and the wings fell off and in their haste to put it back together, accidentally put the wings on wrong.

Also, shouldn't the wing lights or whatever the yellowish triangles are on the leading edge be white for the cf version?

If it weren't for the fact that the under wing details are different from the top, one might think that the pegs had dropped out and the wings fell off and in their haste to put it back together, accidentally put the wings on wrong. Also, shouldn't the wing lights or whatever the yellowish triangles are on the leading edge be white for the cf version?

I think it depends which piece of lineart Bandai is following. They look white in this one but cream/off white in this one.

And, I just noticed that the second piece of lineart also shows "No Step" markings on the underside of the wings. Bandai were probably using this as their color/marking guide for the DX Chogokin.

Well, as we see in the anime, the "carrier deck" areas of the Guantanamo-class are Zero-G. So No-step marks on the bottom would apply too, right? Right?

On the other hand, with the material strengths seen on VFs, no step markings seem a little futile to me.

Well, as we see in the anime, the "carrier deck" areas of the Guantanamo-class are Zero-G. So No-step marks on the bottom would apply too, right? Right?

On the other hand, with the material strengths seen on VFs, no step markings seem a little futile to me.

It'll be hard to damage a plane without gravity. It seems more like an illustration error to me.

I think it depends which piece of lineart Bandai is following. They look white in this one but cream/off white in this one.

And, I just noticed that the second piece of lineart also shows "No Step" markings on the underside of the wings. Bandai were probably using this as their color/marking guide for the DX Chogokin.

Hah, good catch.

It's just like when Bandai put the '004' on both shoulders for the version 1 DX RVF-25 instead of 'SMS' on the left shoulder because that was how some of the CG renders had it.

I believe the no steps are a safety warning for the humans doing the maintenance on the plane rather than as a warning to not step there as to damage the aircraft. Those areas can move or shift which may cause someone to fall and injure themselves.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

It's just like when Bandai put the '004' on both shoulders for the version 1 DX RVF-25 instead of 'SMS' on the left shoulder because that was how some of the CG renders had it.

Yup. All the "official" CG lineart is early and has errors. Alto's especially. Lots of mirroring/swapping issues. So having "topside" markings on the bottom of the wings doesn't surprise me at all.

I was kinda getting bored with the scheme in battroid mode but these pics of the real toy change that. If battroid looks that cool, fighter mode(the strong point of this scheme IMO) is going to be beyond awesome!

Edited by Twoducks

I expect the price will be same as Alto's EX version. What I'm waiting for is the official release anouncement so I can try to pre-order one from Amiami, or HLJ, or AE.

If amiami, HLJ, or AE doesn't come through, then NY is also another viable option for pre-orders as well too ;) . Prices are higher though than the others but the difference is negligible compared to the ridiculous prices on eBay :blink: