IXTL

Broke down and bought one...LOL! Now I got to wait a few weeks to get it. I always use registered airmail from NY. Took about 2 weeks both times I used it.

Chris

I am so glad I didn't pass on this! Gerwalk mode is alright, but fighter and battroid are probably the best from Frontier, as far as I'm concerned. I love the VF-25 and its variants, but something about this...

I am in the same boat. I almost lost my pre-order from NY but even after paying late, my order went through.

Now this bird is on the way and can't wait to get it.

Just broke down and bought one. Glad I finally managed to - I was starting to worry that I might have missed out. Wish it wasn't quite so expensive, but oh well.

The blue 171 looks great and only irks me further that HLJ takes so damn long to ship out anything. Nothing like paying for Fedex just so HLJ can sit on the package for a week before shipping it out.

I feel like Bart Simpson when he joined the Junior Campers. "Everywhere I look I see people enjoying knives!" :rolleyes:

To all those bitching about a 20-30 markup by NY.

I just got an email that Latendo is selling stock for $298!!!!!

That's your marke-up! I can't actually find the listing on their site though. haha

To all those bitching about a 20-30 markup by NY.

I just got an email that Latendo is selling stock for $298!!!!!

That's your marke-up! I can't actually find the listing on their site though. haha

Saw that price as I'm in their mailing list.

La Tendo is nortoriously expensive in my country. They're pretty much catering to desperate people who missed any preorders (they didn't take any for Frontier Valks as far as I remembered), and anything after release is heavily marked up.

Damn it, I finally got hit by LA customs, I almost always get SF.

I'll see it now by the end of next week probably. Even though its technically closer.

Actually, LA Customs has improved tremendously. 1 to 2 days only with some recent purchases from Japan via EMS. Didn't want to take any chances at the time I preordered though which is why I chose FedEx.

Mine finally shipped today even though i was on the first batch of preorders from NY. I don't know why it always takes so long for my orders to get shipped. Probably won't get mine till next week. I'm just hoping i don't get screwed with a missing chest cannon like last time.

Be careful while transforming there is a reported breakage on the small filler pieces between the chest plate and the shoulders (the one that are being pushed inside the chest revealing this fragile locking curve on the underside of the chest.

Apparently there can be some excess material on those two parts that will break the hinge when pushed to strong. So if you feel resistance when pushing the filler pieces inward better stop and check is material that prevents a smooth movement.

I am so glad I didn't pass on this! Gerwalk mode is alright, but fighter and battroid are probably the best from Frontier, as far as I'm concerned. I love the VF-25 and its variants, but something about this...

I feel exactly the same way. Fell in love with the design and color scheme from the very first shot in Frontier. It remains the only valk from Frontier I've felt the need to buy. I appreciate the 25 and 27, but never felt like I needed to have physical representations of them.

According to my tracking, my 171 cleared SF customs as of 5am Pacific. Think I'll probably have it tomorrow.

Never owned a MF Bandai toy before. Would this 171 be secured in styrofoam? Are the decals already tampo or does it come with label sheet? Any diecast? Are the tires rubber or plastic? Gotta make sure before I army build this first MF toy. I hope there's 4 pcs to a case??! :rolleyes:

Got mine from NY today. Thought it was Golden Week'd in Osaka because the JP Post link NY sent me said that's where it was. Checked the tracking number on the USPS site and it was already in my city! The JP Post site still says its in Osaka. :lol:

Anyway, this thing is gorgeous. I like it quite a bit better than the Alto version. Best Frontier toy to date IMO. Well, best Frontier toy outside of the SDi VF-25, which will never be unseated by anything. :wub: