IXTL

Still waiting for Grace's.

Considering how the Super VF-27 sold (or didn't as the case may be) that's a long wait for a train don't come.

I actually like how it looks in Battroid, I don't get all the hate or lack of love shown towards the release but I would not bet on Bandai revisiting the design for Grace any time soon.

-b.

I'm kinda glad I only got one of these.
the VF-27 felt so difficult to transform (especially the chest and head), not to mention how some of the pieces just refuse to budge. Never had any problems like this with the other VFs, which was really weird.
It's permanently sitting in fighter mode in my hanger bay now

Considering how the Super VF-27 sold (or didn't as the case may be) that's a long wait for a train don't come.

I actually like how it looks in Battroid, I don't get all the hate or lack of love shown towards the release but I would not bet on Bandai revisiting the design for Grace any time soon.

-b.

I think people were disappointed because they were expecting more revisions to the mold and perhaps a similar jump in improvement like how the v1 VF-25 went to the v2. It's a little funny though because prior to the release, most people were just asking for improved hips, shoulders and articulated hands at the minimum and they would've been happy with it. Bandai did at least that and more but I guess they just kept wanting more.

Personally, I am perfectly happy with the Super VF-27. Bandai fulfilled my minimum requirements to purchase 2 copies of the updated mold even though I already had 2 of the original ones. The only thing I really would've wanted them to add to the Super VF-27 were a set of 3 Ghost drones as seen in the movie. I was willing to buy those even if it was a future add-on set. Alas, it is unlikely that they will be releasing that now.

I think people were disappointed because they were expecting more revisions to the mold and perhaps a similar jump in improvement like how the v1 VF-25 went to the v2. It's a little funny though because prior to the release, most people were just asking for improved hips, shoulders and articulated hands at the minimum and they would've been happy with it. Bandai did at least that and more but I guess they just kept wanting more.

Personally, I am perfectly happy with the Super VF-27. Bandai fulfilled my minimum requirements to purchase 2 copies of the updated mold even though I already had 2 of the original ones. The only thing I really would've wanted them to add to the Super VF-27 were a set of 3 Ghost drones as seen in the movie. I was willing to buy those even if it was a future add-on set. Alas, it is unlikely that they will be releasing that now.

I wasn't necessarily expecting more revisions than what was seen, but sadly, my super VF-27 was actually of significantly worse quality than my original release version. The original was already a huge improvement over the v.1 VF-25, but instead of making it better, the few changes they made wound up making it feel like it was slapped together without any real care for how the design had changed.

I mean, even discounting the fact that mine came completely mis-assembled, even after the fixes, it just doesn't fit as well together. They half-assed the super packs the exact same way they did with the v.1 VF-25 packs, and it shows in how unstable the thing is in fighter mode with the packs. They just didn't do the work to properly integrate them, and it drags the entire thing down.

It's not as bad as the original VF-25s by a long shot.. but it also doesn't compare well to their other recent releases.

Won't comment on the Super Parts as I haven't handled mine (don't care for them) and I remember the conversations about how the v1 VF-27 only needed to be tweaked here and there to improve upon the DX release.

The copy I opened and transformed didn't have any QC issues and even with Bandai's love of sharp plastic pieces that are prone to jab you in the fingers I was able to transform it from Fighter to Battroid very easily. I'd be very critical of this, or any release, that had a bunch of issues right out of the box but that wasn't my experience.

I'm not that big a fan of the design to buy a third revision unless there is some monumental jump in how it's made. I would say if you could find one new/like-new for around 17,000 JPY (or less) it's worth the money.

-b.

I picked one up a few weeks ago, but only tried to transform it tonight for the first time and discovered that the whole nosecone attachment is cracked on both sides and the nose cone fell right off when I tried to fold it into the front landing gear bay doors for the first time. I bought it from Nippon-Yasan, and just submitted a ticket....but was this a common problem? I am pissed because I havent gotten a macross jet from bandai since the v1 VF-25F and was happy with it, but comparing it to the v2, it is obviously the lesser of the 2 designs. I am hoping they send me a replacement part or something where I dont have to repack the jet and send it back to Japan.

Needless to say I am very upset and a little disappointed.

Twich

You might not have any luck there, Bandai doesn't seem to understand the concept of "replacement parts." Every instance of missing or broken parts from anything made by Bandai seems to have the unfortunate response of a request to return it for a replacement, even if it would cost 90% less to just send out the part itself.

I tried for months to get a replacement crotch plate for my VF-25G, and had no luck at all.

We'll Nippon-Yasan, where I bought it said they won't even try, since I didn't discover it was broken until after 7 days from receipt of item. And that this is Bandai's policy. So I have a VF-27y with broken off nose cone and no way to try to get it fixed....lovely.

Twich

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I`m new here,

I have 2 VF1s and trying to go for couple of frontier valks :), and want to ask about Nippon Yasan and are they reliable? How good is customer service and all of that stuff?

Reading this thred i`ve got concerned about them, cuz the breakage of @twitchs VF 27...

Obviuslly I`m very interested in brera designe and all, but have a little bit of concern about durability? I saw that it is available on Nippon, HLJ, Hobby search, which of the retailers is best? I only had buisness with HLJ and they are excellent, but this valk is 1000 jpy cheeper on Nippon, and they have more shipping methods to chose from, i wanted to try them but for the first time its no small amount of money..

Please help?

Thanks

P.S. Sorry if my english is not great, its not my nativ language, and sorry if this question is not for this thred, I thought to put it here cuz I`m interested in this VF 27 and need opinions about it

Hi, I`m new here,

I have 2 VF1s and trying to go for couple of frontier valks :), and want to ask about Nippon Yasan and are they reliable? How good is customer service and all of that stuff?

Reading this thred i`ve got concerned about them, cuz the breakage of @twitchs VF 27...

Obviuslly I`m very interested in brera designe and all, but have a little bit of concern about durability? I saw that it is available on Nippon, HLJ, Hobby search, which of the retailers is best? I only had buisness with HLJ and they are excellent, but this valk is 1000 jpy cheeper on Nippon, and they have more shipping methods to chose from, i wanted to try them but for the first time its no small amount of money..

Please help?

Thanks

P.S. Sorry if my english is not great, its not my nativ language, and sorry if this question is not for this thred, I thought to put it here cuz I`m interested in this VF 27 and need opinions about it

Is the VF-27 your first Frontier Valk? If so, I feel your mileage will vary.

I personally found him to be difficult to transform, and even more unwieldy with the Super Pack on. I got so fed up trying to transform him that I've left him in Fighter mode permanently.

If anything, I'd recommend any of the VF-25 renewals (or the newer ones based on the retooled Renewal designs) over the VF-27 as your first foray into Frontier.

Nippon Yasan are okay. They're great for getting web exclusive, demand payment immediately for in-stock items, though they do delay shipping stuff a little. But so far, I have no issues receiving stuff from them.

Can't comment on after-sales services, though I believe generally if you have any breakage for Bandai stuff, you're pretty much out of luck regardless, as they (Bandai) don't do replacements.

on the subject of VF-25 transformation; I've never found it hard to transform at all. of all the macross toys I've owned, the VF-25 has been the easiest to transform. I do agree thought that the fast packs make it harder if only because the added weight makes everything awkward.

personally, I'd start with the VF-27. it's a perfectly OK toy overall and probably won't ruin you're experience of the line, but when you get a VF-25 later it will feel even better.

as for NY, there perfectly ok as a company, but I tend to avoid them mostly because they raise prices over MSRP on hot/hard to find items. there customer service is also a little odd. Sometimes if you ask them to make a change on an order, they'll go several days with no response, and then just out of nowhere you're order will update and they'll never actually acknowledge that you wrote them.

Is the VF-27 your first Frontier Valk? If so, I feel your mileage will vary.

I personally found him to be difficult to transform, and even more unwieldy with the Super Pack on. I got so fed up trying to transform him that I've left him in Fighter mode permanently.

If anything, I'd recommend any of the VF-25 renewals (or the newer ones based on the retooled Renewal designs) over the VF-27 as your first foray into Frontier.

Nippon Yasan are okay. They're great for getting web exclusive, demand payment immediately for in-stock items, though they do delay shipping stuff a little. But so far, I have no issues receiving stuff from them.

Can't comment on after-sales services, though I believe generally if you have any breakage for Bandai stuff, you're pretty much out of luck regardless, as they (Bandai) don't do replacements.

Yup its first frontier..its the best deal at the moment and I feel you get most for your money(don`t want to pay over 300/400$ for ozma), plus i realy love the designe! Transformation I can deal with, I collect transformers and few other transforming mech

I plan to display super parts only in batteroid and gerwalk mods, so no big worry there for me. In plane mod its more streamline and better on his one

I watched and read reviews of 25 and 27 many times, and only thing to me that is noticably better on 25 is that arms can swing to the side normally, other things are preaty much the same, or am i wrong? Ofcourse, I don`t count designe of valk itself

I had worrys about plastic, joints, overall durability opose to 25 etc..? if its on par than ok.

And thanx all for your thougths!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is it just me or is there a little bit of green tint to the gray pieces? Obviously beautiful work again.

Thank you Jenius. Its not you, there was a bit of a green tint in the photo. I have adjusted the photos and its a bit better now.

Edited by Saburo

Amazing pics as always. Must say that the purple parts looks good on the colour of the 27. Orrrr it could just be your awesome photog skills.

Any guide on how to take pics like that? Wanna learn but don't know where to start. :p

they could sell a lot more vf-27's if it were a nice low viz grey instead of magenta. Heck, Luca woulda sold way more had his valk been a nice low viz grey with yellow nosecone like the elintseeker. Off color valks = meh....

it's really a shame cuz it's actually a pretty nice mold

Edited by Duymon

they could sell a lot more vf-27's if it were a nice low viz grey instead of magenta

Or just release Grace's/CF version(s) already. The magenta is okay for what it is -- being Brera's, but it's not that unique of a color scheme in Macross canon... Nora did magenta in her SV-51 much, much better. Now, the green and gray version, with or without the flaring side horns (better without, or release both), despite the previous 1.0 release, would be great, as there are no other VFs with that palette. I know I'd get one CF and one Grace for sure.

Edited by mechaninac

The VF-27γ got some studio time. :)

14375977750_ff30d03795_b.jpg

14376210547_460ccd21e5_b.jpg

14582749993_ce26524a60_b.jpg

14561825432_a194afb2a6_b.jpg

Originally I wasn't so keen on the VF-27y whilst watching the series or with the original release but after they released the renewal version I swiftly changed my mind!

Really love the VF-27y and it sits equal fav next to the VF-25S Ozma renewal! Im so glad I have one in my collection! Being quite cheap im very tempted to buy a second one so I can display them both in Fighter and Battroid!

Edited by spanner76