IXTL

Roy colors - White, black, and yellow with purple tinted canopy.

Roy would have loved the YF-29 if he had lived to see it.

The skull leader scheme. If you type bandai then the GE number on google, it'll show what it looks like most of the time.

Is there a web page with all the GE models together in some sort of a list with pictures?

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

So.. holy crap on a stick.. Bandai you freaking dipshits. I finally have my VF-27 shipped to me.. and it's a complete fustercluck of QC failure.

Some dipwad in their assembly line put together the shoulder mechanisms entirely backwards. Because of all the stupid spring pins, and the lack of proper alignment, nothing works.. It physically can't transform, and it wasn't even fully in fighter mode in the box.

Just.. seriously.. WTF.

I could probably return it to HLJ, but the entire process of returning anything overseas just leaves a stupidly bad taste in my mouth. I'm going to see how much of it I can fix myself before I do anything else.

Edit: Yeah, I'm chalking this up as stupidest freaking mechanism design on the face of the earth.

Who the crap ever thought these mecanisms made any freaking sense to design this way? It's spring pins to high heaven, and everything has exactly one way to fit correctly (but all sorts of ways to fit incorrectly), or the entire thing fails miserably.

Edited by Chronocidal

So.. holy crap on a stick.. Bandai you freaking dipshits. I finally have my VF-27 shipped to me.. and it's a complete fustercluck of QC failure.

Some dipwad in their assembly line put together the shoulder mechanisms entirely backwards. Because of all the stupid spring pins, and the lack of proper alignment, nothing works.. It physically can't transform, and it wasn't even fully in fighter mode in the box.

Just.. seriously.. WTF.

I could probably return it to HLJ, but the entire process of returning anything overseas just leaves a stupidly bad taste in my mouth. I'm going to see how much of it I can fix myself before I do anything else.

Ouch... I have one on order with Hobby Search and I'm really getting nervous now. :o

Just.. seriously.. WTF.

Edit: Yeah, I'm chalking this up as stupidest freaking mechanism design on the face of the earth.

Who the crap ever thought these mecanisms made any freaking sense to design this way? It's spring pins to high heaven, and everything has exactly one way to fit correctly (but all sorts of ways to fit incorrectly), or the entire thing fails miserably.

You should contact HLJ if you got it from them. Their customer service is excellent and they might just exchange it for you and cover the return shipping cost as well.

Is there a web page with all the GE models together in some sort of a list with pictures?

In Japanese but hopefully you can use google translate. http://www.tamashii.jp/item_brand/dx_chogokin/

Doesn't have GE numbers but you should be able to figure out if it's a renewal or not.

Edited by wmkjr

Eh, see, but I hate returning things. It's just such a hassle. I spent this long waiting for it to arrive, only to send it back.. :p

Anyway.. it's semi-fixed in any case. Whoever put together the shoulders had installed a few pieces upside-down, backwards, or both. I've never had to use a hammer so much on a valk in my life, but it worked. I just had to push out several of the pins, and flip the pieces around so they fit.

Sadly though, it pains me to see that one of the biggest lessons Bandai should have learned from the first VF-25 still hasn't sunk in yet. You do not half-ass fast packs. And they did it again here sadly. Any design that relies on sloppy joints to mount something in its intended position just should not even be produced. The little arm packs are bad enough in how they don't stay on, but the leg packs just don't seem to have a solid mounting position.

Still, on its own, I do appreciate the better hip joint and some of the new colors of this release. Maybe I'll just continue my hobby of doing Bandai's job for them, and come up with a way to make the packs work decently. :p

Just.. seriously.. WTF.

Man just bad luck that you got a F*** one... i order 2 and both are fine.... must been the guy off day when nothing was going right! :wacko:

Heh.. pretty much.. heck, I think I even got two left shoulder pieces in one case.. there's a pair numbered "1" and "2", but the matching pieces I only have two "2s" :lol: Funny, they're still symmetrical though.

I will say this.. I've never appreciated the diecast content in Bandai valks until now. I was able to take the thing far enough apart that I was only hammering/prying on unpainted metal pieces, so there's really no change in how it looks. It's just that now the arms actually fit where they're supposed to.

Edited by Chronocidal

In Japanese but hopefully you can use google translate. http://www.tamashii.jp/item_brand/dx_chogokin/

Doesn't have GE numbers but you should be able to figure out if it's a renewal or not.

Thanks and yes but it sometimes translates funny... I once got a google translated e-mail from a small japanese store that read: ¨''I'm sorry in childish sentences''. :lol:

Well, finally got a little time to finish off weathering and clear-coating the VF-27 over the long weekend. I left this baby much newer as its more advanced and he didn't really get shot up much. So the aircraft is pretty new, just a semi-gloss clear coat to take the shiny Bandai toy-like plastic down to something a little bit more realistic and hides all the swirls and tiny scratches well and some post shading to bring out the sculpt. Most of the weathering is on the matte/flat fast packs.

Enjoy...

post-244-0-28683300-1381891776_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-64726100-1381891777_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-02186300-1381891779_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-40070500-1381891780_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-70276500-1381891781_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-06681500-1381891783_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, this being my first DX Valk, how did you guys get the neck/collar area to lock in place? Mine just wobbles around. Also, the shoulders... why is it so difficult to hunch them up? I've separated them from the plastic tabs, but they're almost impossible to rotate. Is this due to the metal-on-metal connection?

• 2 weeks later...

That's a really low price, I'm still not sure I care enough to spend $130 on one though. I was never much of a fan.

I believe it's a great buy if you dont have the previous version. Especially at that super LOW price! I wished i had gotten mine later. What do you find unappealing about it though?

The color and battroid mode. I guess Gerwalk is pretty gnarly and bird-of-prey looking, I'm just not sure how poseable it is with the super heavy gun and the fact the arms aren't as dynamic as on the Renewal 25's. I haven't seen much done with the legs for different style poses either.

Well, finally got a little time to finish off weathering and clear-coating the VF-27 over the long weekend. I left this baby much newer as its more advanced and he didn't really get shot up much. So the aircraft is pretty new, just a semi-gloss clear coat to take the shiny Bandai toy-like plastic down to something a little bit more realistic and hides all the swirls and tiny scratches well and some post shading to bring out the sculpt. Most of the weathering is on the matte/flat fast packs.

Enjoy...

attachicon.gifDSCN6771_resize.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN6772_resize.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN6773_resize.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN6774_resize.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN6775_resize.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN6776_resize.JPG

Great job on the subtle weathering. It looks more like a model at first glance and that speaks volumes for making it look realistic IMO.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...