IXTL

Got mine yesterday. Not bad, although I liked the way the V1 gun clipped attached in fighter mode A LOT better. I had a heck of a time with the new one. The "C" type hook towards the front doesn't lock in well at all. I fiddled with mine for a long time trying to get it displayed with the gear down and gun barrel open. That hook doesn't really work with it this way. It either collapses or pops out.

And the optional piece that plugs into the arm isn't very secure either. Mine moves around easily and doesn't hold the gun handle very well.

Not sure why Bandai switched to a much more complicated and less secure method.

I found that you have to push the "C" hook hard into the crotch in order to lock the gun in place. It held pretty sturdy even without the arm attachment although that piece makes sure that the gun is straight underneath the valk.

I found that you have to push the "C" hook hard into the crotch in order to lock the gun in place. It held pretty sturdy even without the arm attachment although that piece makes sure that the gun is straight underneath the valk.

Apparently I wasn't pushing hard enough but I managed to snap the "c" hook it into place. It's tricky with these things, sometimes you need to use a little force, other times a little force puts you in the "I broke my Valkyrie" club.

I was trying to avoid the latter. But all is good now. Thanks for the tip! :)

Hey guys. Just got mine today. Wanted to ask if there's an extendable neck joint on this version (similar to the renewal 25S). Reason I ask is because the promo pics make it seem it has a longer neck, but when I try pulling on it, it doesn't seem to budge.

EDIT:

Disregard. I checked my 2nd copy and it does have the extending neck. Guess I just expectedit to be longer.

Edited by ArchieNov

Got a few more questions.

1) When transforming to fighter with the super packs, does it seem like there is no ratchet click at the angle the gerwalk hip joint is supposed to be at? When I angle it down, the first click happens at a way too low angle. So in order to tab the wings into the legs, I end up leaving it at an angle between the ratchet clicks. The other renewal valks have a ratchet click at the correct angle. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

2) Inside the crotch joint, there's a small metal tab that you can flip up or down. The instructions seem to indicate that it's a locking mechanism for the crotch so it won't collapse, but I can't seem to notice any difference whether it's flipped up or down. Can anyone confirm what it locks?

Thanks!

Got a few more questions.

1) When transforming to fighter with the super packs, does it seem like there is no ratchet click at the angle the gerwalk hip joint is supposed to be at? When I angle it down, the first click happens at a way too low angle. So in order to tab the wings into the legs, I end up leaving it at an angle between the ratchet clicks. The other renewal valks have a ratchet click at the correct angle. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

2) Inside the crotch joint, there's a small metal tab that you can flip up or down. The instructions seem to indicate that it's a locking mechanism for the crotch so it won't collapse, but I can't seem to notice any difference whether it's flipped up or down. Can anyone confirm what it locks?

Thanks!

1) I had the same issue with the leg joints. It was at an awkward "between ratchet points", but surprisngly still stable. It took me a while to figure it out. I was trying to make the superparts flush with the top side.

2) I haven't noticed this metal tab. Will take a look when when I get home.

I just finished transforming mine back and forth, it's a great toy. In case anyone is still wondering, you can transform to fighter with the articulated hands. They fit tightly under the shield even if the toy comes in fighter mode with the flat saluting hands.

It most likely is supposed to be straight, but knowing that Bandai uses a soft PVC they tend to not hold the straight shape. You can heat it up and try to manipulate it straight. I have tried this with a few of my renewals, but they tend to go back to the malformed shape over time. Did they not include a hard plastic one in the box? I am still waiting on mine thanks to the holidays and HLJ.

There was a slight curve along mine, and I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be that way or if it got bent during shipping or just poor QC from Bandai.

It's hard plastic, but because it's so thin, it's almost as bendy as PVC. Managed to more or less straighten mine out by carefully straightening it with my fingers.

Luckily it's painted, so no stress marks are visible.

The head laser on mine is straight and it is made of hard plastic, not PVC, which is great for details but is also easily broken as it's very thin. Was the V1's soft PVC?

The v1 had ridged plastic; absolutely not bendy at all.

Got my two yesterday. For some reason Nippon-yassen split my order and shipped each of them in a separate boxes.

If you got it shipped by SAL, that would be the reason as they can only ship one in a box. It's written when you select that shipping option that the item will be packed in seperate boxes.

I like this VF-27 second after VF-25. An easy transformation but have to remove the booster pack and the arm guard so they don't get in the way. The super parts fits nicely together when transform into a fighter. I did not know it has an extendable next. Was too afraid to break it. Also the left arm does not want to bend beyond 135 degrees. One of the joint in the double joint elbow does not budge and might break if I force it. Their is a screw but it is partially blocked by the arm cover.

Sold mine. The new version is def. an improvement over the V1, but it still looks like a Gobot chicken from hell.

Lol! Your description made me laugh. To tell the truth, I didn't like the VF-27 when I first saw it on MacF. I didn't like its feet. Only after watching a few more episodes did it grow on me.

Now that I've compared the two, I don't think they share any parts. The chest is bigger, the head is bigger, the legs a bit longer and the shoulder pauldrons are a bit smaller.

the head, chest and legs look identical to me.

If this is true then why didn't Bandai opted for a full renewal. It must be difficult to retrofit all the molds so that everything fits properly. Will pick mine up on Saturday so I'm super excited.