IXTL

Is it just me or, will the angle on the fighter when on the stand be more of a downward tilt versus the normal upward tilt on the rest of the fighters in this series.

Looks like they are going to include the ball jointed thumb.

Edited by Loop

Honestly Gakken, can you not even flick back one page?!

Haha I'm posting on a lot of threads, streaming three fights, playing on twitter, and watching auctions. That's why I asked.

Relax a little bit. Life is good.

It's no big deal for me to take the pic down. Thanks.

Edited by Gakken85

From what we've gathered they buy stock from stores that don't sell online, locally in Japan.

They put it up at a mark-up and sell it online because that's where the market has shifted.

This makes perfect sense as the Japanese economy is down and the yen is weak.

The store owners move their stock at a mark-up, make some profit, and are able to free up store space for faster local sales.

NY gets a larger stock to sell to foreigners online at a slight profit (remember they are paying slightly under retail)

You get a chance to get a toy you wouldn't normally get.

Everybody wins.

NY couldn't get this many directly from Bandai. They must have good relationships with these other stores who probably have a hard time selling them in Japan. I doubt frontier is that popular, and if it is, they are still pricy, specialty goods in a weak economy.

The more I think of the Japanese economic situation the less I think it has to do with increased production runs, or lack of interest in the toy, NY has just shifted the market to the west (and all around the world) and found a way to increase stock locally. I assume that NY is in a position to do this because they have shipping ties to China or a better and cheaper way to ship.

They have basically fixed Bandai's distribution problem for them, yet people complain.

Nicely put. Normally, locals with access to said goods aren't as immediate to pick up them up, simply because they know if they look around, they'll find it. For us, we don't have that privilege, and our only avenue is online. That's where the money's at, that explains the stock situation etc at NY.

So it seems like we are getting the same stand that came with the VF-171 Valkyries. That is a bummer I really would liked to get a Macross Galaxy logo stand (and one with a NUNS logo on it). :(

Also the darker maroon stripe on the hip-thingys is still missing. :)

I like the pictures so far but I'm hoping that the gun on the released toy can stay better together than the one in the images. I guess thats a QC issue.

I know I sound somewhat unsatisfied but I still like the toy and other than the unstable gun (something I disliked on the original toy as well) they are just nitpicks. I'm definitely looking forward to August :)

Bandai's stands suck, but at least you get one. You'd think they could make them clear plastic at least.

I kinda like the stands. they look only half bad (speaking of the painted SMS bases) and do their job well. Of course they are no such things like the stands Bandai included with stuff like the Gundam Metal Build line (I saw a review about the Gundam 00 Rizer Metal Build mech and I was stunned how much thought went into that toy) or are as flexible as the flightpose ones (I would prefer a stand that doesn't damage the paint on my toy)....

...they are decent I guess and in my opinion a huge NUNS or Macross Galaxy logo would really make them pop.

As far as the Rise of Arcadia goes I hope they reissue their launch arm stand. :D

They are all long gone. But if the trend of available DX Chogokin Valkyries continues then you might be able to pick one up after release.

Also on these scans from Figure Oh the plane seems to have the same maroon color then the first release and not the darker red shown before.

In addition the Lucifer seems to be insecure about his affiliation so he tattooed his squadron name all over his body. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

oh my lord... the VF-171CF looks so sexy in that scan above... Now I'm not regretting actually getting 2 with armor parts.

edit: i misread post. you already have an extra (was going to say it's avail on hlj, nevermind, sorry!)

God I want this now, so I hope it IS easy to get after release!

not to give false info, but the 27 should be available after release as it looks like bandai's printing production seems to be increasing (but you never know: disclaimer) but i would not pay NY's mark ups and would hold out if i were anyone.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

edit: i misread post. you already have an extra (was going to say it's avail on hlj, nevermind, sorry!)

not to give false info, but the 27 should be available after release as it looks like bandai's printing production seems to be increasing (but you never know: disclaimer) but i would not pay NY's mark ups and would hold out if i were anyone.

it's cool. Thought you were asking me to get a 3rd (Amiami still has stock too last I checked).

Will just look forward to the VF-25 CF. Probably stick to 1 for that because I already have so many VF-25s (G, RVF, 3 x F and next time, 3 x S)

it's cool. Thought you were asking me to get a 3rd (Amiami still has stock too last I checked).

Will just look forward to the VF-25 CF. Probably stick to 1 for that because I already have so many VF-25s (G, RVF, 3 x F and next time, 3 x S)

Did you say AmiAmi still had stock? Is it this?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-03430&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dvf-27%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

It says super parts set - is it only the super parts or does it come with the whole VF-27?

I get a "sold out" - did it open up again?

Did you say AmiAmi still had stock? Is it this?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-03430&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dvf-27%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

It says super parts set - is it only the super parts or does it come with the whole VF-27?

I get a "sold out" - did it open up again?

No I think they are talking about the VF-171CF, Amiami still has stock.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-2966&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dvf-171%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1