IXTL

After I placed an order with HLJ, logged out for real work and re-logged back in to look at my order..... and it wasn't there!! :ohmy:

No confirmation email either!

I went back to try to order another one but it was sold out!

Felt like ultimate crap for a few minutes.......

Until the order confirmation came.... phew~! -_-

IT's funny how HLJ and Hobby-search had 0 issues with their servers. it's almost like Ami-ami's server is the same one they had in 2001. (It's possible! I've seen several Japanese-companies still using freaking windows 2000 on Pentium 3's.....)

BTW.... F*cking http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=vf-27%E3%80%80%E3%82%B9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%91%E3%83%BC&auccat=&aq=-1&oq=&ei=UTF-8&tab_ex=commerce&slider=0'> J-Scalpers

Edited by Duymon

...to be fair everyone was expecting Amiami to always release the preorders on time. No one was expecting HLJ to do anything today! ;)

Like someone else mentioned, just let it sit there for now. You don't want to draw attention to yourself. :lol:

If you're really worried, just remove it yourself from the order list.

Eh, might as well cancel it myself then. Yeah, I'm just concerned that they'll cancel both. :lol:

Edit: K, it's cancelled, if anyone wants to camp the site now, one more might pop up for sale shortly.

Edited by Chronocidal

The chinese fans have an equally hard time buying these too. They're not all scalpers :)

Plus, I get the feeling most of the scalpers are just the Japanese sellers (I mean look at YJA).

Things were much better before the Chinese "fans" arrived. I know my peoples over there - all they do is scalp and bootleg =P

Japan is the home country so they get a pass :)

IT's funny how HLJ and Hobby-search had 0 issues with their servers. it's almost like Ami-ami's server is the same one they had in 2001. (It's possible! I've seen several Japanese-companies still using freaking windows 2000 on Pentium 3's.....)

BTW.... F*cking J-Scalpers

Amiami and Hobbysearch serve Japanese customers as well. Also as it is, there're like 6 hot figures being released today

Rockman X Ultimate Armour

Venosaur

Ryuseimaru (Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru)

Shin Getter Robo

VF-27

And Sailormoon (which is on the japanese page for Amiami only it seems)

Every popular Bandai release, amiami's server gets a bad fart, and orders sell out fairly quickly (especially SH Figuarts by my observation).

Things were much better before the Chinese "fans" arrived. I know my peoples over there - all they do is scalp and bootleg =P

Japan is the home country so they get a pass :)

I'm chinese too, though not the mainlander kind :)

That said, the hobby shops in Singapore also tend to price these pretty high (usually double MSRP)

Mayhaps some of the HK members we have here can shed some light on how the situation is there... do they also buy from Amiami? If not where else?

Some times I wonder if NY is buying up stock from places like Amiami as well (since it's pretty evident that they buy up the local stocks from brick and motar shop there)

so check this NY still have preorders of VF-171EX Nightmare Plus EX (Regular), RVF-25 Messiah I mean weren't these sold out for the longest time and now they are back in stock

I think the sudden appearance of stock from HLJ probably caused a number of cancellations. Also stock seemed pretty abundant (many people selling off theirs in Mandarake, which itself had stock that looked brand new except for a damaged box)

also, they're relatively cheaper now, even with the markup.

so how long after the Alto pre-order went up did Otacute list their stock? Wondering if I should stay up or not

about a day later from records. But it's a bit iffy some times

I'm chinese too, though not the mainlander kind :)

That said, the hobby shops in Singapore also tend to price these pretty high (usually double MSRP)

Mayhaps some of the HK members we have here can shed some light on how the situation is there... do they also buy from Amiami? If not where else?

Some times I wonder if NY is buying up stock from places like Amiami as well (since it's pretty evident that they buy up the local stocks from brick and motar shop there)

I am from Hong Kong. Thanks to Harmony Gold and local Bandai can't sell Macross goods, we are fighting for the same units as all other people in the world. You may see the Macross DX on the streets, but at scalper price.

I am from Hong Kong. Thanks to Harmony Gold and local Bandai can't sell Macross goods, we are fighting for the same units as all other people in the world. You may see the Macross DX on the streets, but at scalper price.

If bandai could grow a pair of balls and litigate this, they can make lots more money and we can sleep much better.

I believe that's pretty much the same situation everywhere except Japan.

Also, Macross is probably too niche a market for any local Bandai branch to care about.

We don't have a local Bandai branch here, but a major toy distributor that deals in a lot of their stuff. And all they ever bring in (for the most part) are the generic popular crap or stuff targeted at kids. The few licenses they do bring in that interest adult collectors are heavily overpriced, and readily available online. So we either scramble for the Macross stuff online, or pay a huge premium and hope a local hobby shop can scrape together a few from (usually) their HK dealers (some times Japan).

If bandai could grow a pair of balls and litigate this, they can make lots more money and we can sleep much better.

1st, I'm pretty sure they wont grow any.

2nd, they can make money, but.. refer to 1st point. :p

3rd, they dun care if we can sleep well, our sleep is a super distant 2nd compared to theirs.

I'll tell you local Chinese fans have been trying to get hold of preorders from stores but nobody is accepting preorders. The shops say the stock fluctuates and can't guarantee a plane. Not everyone is a scalper. Scalpers are scalpers, regardless of where they are from.

Thing is there will be enough stock on release, but they're doing this supply squeeze and preorder price to drum up interest. And I mean the stores, not Bandai. The stores want to differentiate themselves and gain from word of mouth.

Every time a valk is released and imported, local stores get a small allocation for a nice price. Surprised how many locals love macross. I only got into it when I saw the SV-51 Ivanov.

Just preordered from a store who's willing to auction one from yahoo for me :) don't know the price yet though but the guy knows me so we'll see

Edited by Shukenzero

We don't have a local Bandai branch here, but a major toy distributor that deals in a lot of their stuff. And all they ever bring in (for the most part) are the generic popular crap or stuff targeted at kids. The few licenses they do bring in that interest adult collectors are heavily overpriced, and readily available online. So we either scramble for the Macross stuff online, or pay a huge premium and hope a local hobby shop can scrape together a few from (usually) their HK dealers (some times Japan).

Used to have pre-orders at reasonable prices, until the VF-171 Ex plus preorder came along (Alto version). Shops that pre-ordered were played out by Bandai, in the sense that they accepted pre- orders but ultimately none came and since then none of the shops dared to do pre-orders for DXes anymore.

So now, it is even cheaper to order from a heavily marked up shop like NY, shipping included, than to buy it locally. Sad.

Edited by BlueMax

I'm from Macau where toys are usually 10% more expensive then HK due to extra transportation and that's ok, as it would cost more to go there to buy them. The shop that I order from is honest enough not to cancel preorders and hold the stocks for retail with higher markup, but they may not get supply if the item is popular in HK.

Edited by alchemo