IXTL

From tomorrow.

I want to shoot the movie there. But I just checked the Tamashii Nation official web site, shooting movies and taking pictures are completely prohibited. Hmm. So stern.

This is not at all encouraging. First I thought "well, may be they are showing the super parts on the old mold because there is not renewal ready to show on" but if that is the case, then the super parts should fit on the new one, so, either they are not making one yet or the new one is very similar to the old one (to make the super parts fit).

I know the 27 fixed a lot of the issues of the firsts 25's, but I don't think the super parts could be swapped just like that if they do a renewal. I mean, they should change something at least.

If bandai is doing a super parts set for the old mold VF-27, can we conclude there won't be a renewal version?

Lame bandai, very lame.

I would say so two years ago.

But remembering that the VF-25G Tornado Set was released just a few months ahead of the VF-25F Renewal, I am not so sure.

I would say so two years ago.

But remembering that the VF-25G Tornado Set was released just a few months ahead of the VF-25F Renewal, I am not so sure.

But the VF-25G renewal itself would still be a year and a half away. I don't know if it's any indication but the VF-27s at Yahoo Japan Auctions still sell for about 25000YEN. Perhaps the japanese people know something we don't! :)

This is speculation, but knowing Bandai... they're going to release the superparts and then maybe about half a year later they will announce a VF-27 Renewal. Milking the fans for all they have. Like what they did with the tornado set then a few months later announcing the VF-25 Renewals.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Meh, show some fighter mode already, since that's what it'd stay in anyway. :p

The VF-27 was a huge improvement over the original VF-25 fighter mode (I'd even say I actually prefer it to the model in fighter mode), but the improvements stopped there pretty much. You've still got the lame hip arrangement, and the joints that go limp as soggy cardboard. Not to mention, this was before they improved the mess of joints used in the shoulders like they did with the YF-29 and renewals.

All in all, it's much better looking than the old VF-25, but it still suffered from most of the rest of the problems they had (flaky paint, limp joints, lousy crotch lock, etc.). At least it seems they're reissuing it though, so people who missed it the first time can get one.

Good point. Super packs may be crappy if it's not implemented well. I doubt they knew ahead of time to incorporate it in the design unless this release has minor tweaks in the the mould (eg a couple extra attachment points) from the version already released. Could be the reason the super parts don't get sold separately. All conjecture at this point.

Edited by Sandman

Good point. Super packs may be crappy if it's not implemented well. I doubt they knew ahead of time to incorporate it in the design unless this release has minor tweaks in the the mold (eg a couple extra attachment points) from the version already released. Could be the reason the super parts don't get sold separately. All conjecture at this point.

That would be a good answer. But if they mold new parts to accommodate the super parts, why no just fix the hole thing (like the crotch area)??

I would be very mad if I get this and 3 months latter they announce the renewal version