Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1D Super Valkyrie Minmay Guard FINALLY Done

funaka

I started posting my work in progress here in 2011 but I can't even find it any more...

I'm going to bring it Macross World Con and hopefully get it signed!

I finally finished it after 2 years of on and off work:

VF-1D_Complete-002.JPG

VF-1D_Complete-040.JPG

VF-1D_Complete-008.JPG

VF-1D_Complete-013.JPG

VF-1D_Complete-027.JPG

Follow the link to a bunch of pictures...

http://funakatown.co...d-minmay-guard/

At the bottom of that page is a link to the full WIP.

Edited by funaka

That is supremely awesome.

One day I will finish mine - I've had 2 on the go for about the same time you've taken on yours! Maybe this will inspire me to continue.

The masking is very nicely done, as well as the overall colour palette. Not so keen on the grey roundels underneath the cockpit, a minor nitpick really when the rest is so fantastic.

Looks like you used one of the photoetch kits - can I ask which one?

That is supremely awesome.

One day I will finish mine - I've had 2 on the go for about the same time you've taken on yours! Maybe this will inspire me to continue.

The masking is very nicely done, as well as the overall colour palette. Not so keen on the grey roundels underneath the cockpit, a minor nitpick really when the rest is so fantastic.

Looks like you used one of the photoetch kits - can I ask which one?

I went with the grey roundels because I thought the red would be too harsh against the relatively pale blue of the color scheme. Unfortunately they do get kind of lost.

I used pieces from both the PE that comes with the VF-1D and the separate Hasegawa aftermarket set. Both sets are different and have parts that the other one doesn't have. In the middle of the build I picked up a Jasmine set but I'm saving that for a future build.

Thanks for the feedback!

I love Minmay Guards, and definitively I'll build one some day... and your model is a great inspiration! Congratulations, the result is outstanding, all looks perfect.