Hasegawa 1/72 scale VF-25 Messiah

EXO

The pilots look ginormous in those cockpits. It makes the VF-25's look a lot smaller, almost VF-1 like.

didn't stop me from pre-ordering 4. If the underwing stores are simply enough I might start recasting them for like the 10+ Bandai's I have :0

Edited by Duymon

The cockpit does seem a bit snug... but its because we're used to the micronized Bandai pilots. Ohh, there's clear lens tips for the missiles. I was kind of hoping for a few more panel lines or revit/hatch details - not as much as their VF-1 (which I love!) but a few more look more "real" than anime. Still miles ahead of the Bandai disaster... although the gears (while looking great!) do look a bit long and make the bird a bit tall - should cut that down a bit (easier to cut down than build up). Finally I can have a Messiah on the ground without an in-flight stand!

If that pilot is true to scale, then that looks to be a very tight cockpit (like Spitfire or MiG-21 tight) despite the all glass canopy.

That or a really fat pilot.... Kakizaki or Jek Porkins? :D

Not sure if I like the main landing gears. Looks a bit toy-ish. Better than the Bandai legs but a bit underwhelming for a Hase. Oh well, there's always the option of using F-14 Tomcat legs

That said, the underwing ordnance is awesome. Will have to get one just for that.

Oh man, those are pretty pics. I haven't made a model in my life, but that hasegawa VF-25 makes me want to give it a try.

DOOOO IT! You've already got the weathering part down pat, all the major paint masking is decals already from Hasegawa - all you need to do is paint the entire plane white or grey. It will spoil you for other model companies.

While the landing gears look long, they are quite beefy in all the lineart and anime. It will look much better with the armor packs on (which I assume they will get to).

Got one on preorder!

So there's underwing stores? I can't say I recognise the missiles. I really can't recall anything like those from the series or movies. They look great, regardless.

And what's this about the release date? I thought it was November but now I'm seeing December. I've got stuff bundled to ship along with it from HLJ in my private warehouse but might run out of time if it's a December release.

Edited by mickyg

And what's this about the release date? I thought it was November but now I'm seeing December. I've got stuff bundled to ship along with it from HLJ in my private warehouse but might run out of time if it's a December release.

The estimated delivery on mine from Amazon says December 1~3.

On the 1/48 Super/Strike it's January 1~3.

Got one on preorder!

So there's underwing stores? I can't say I recognise the missiles. I really can't recall anything like those from the series or movies. They look great, regardless.

Those are the AMM-101 missiles. I saw them on the VF-25 Variable Fighter Master File. I wish Hasegawa would dedicate time and effort to develop more ordnance like these ones for our models, now that the VFMF publications are bringing us more underwing weaponry data.

That's why I've already got 2 on pre-order.

+2

Those are the AMM-101 missiles. I saw them on the VF-25 Variable Fighter Master File. I wish Hasegawa would dedicate time and effort to develop more ordnance like these ones for our models, now that the VFMF publications are bringing us more underwing weaponry data.

Well, aside from the original VF-1 ordnance pack, there's the missile pods for the VF-0 (no longer available IIRC, was in the A/S + Ghost and the C), the High Maneuverability Missiles (VF-19A "Lightnings" kit), and now these for the VF-25. I'm hopeful that there will be RMS-7s in the Super or Armored versions when they're released, as well...

Well, aside from the original VF-1 ordnance pack, there's the missile pods for the VF-0 (no longer available IIRC, was in the A/S + Ghost and the C), the High Maneuverability Missiles (VF-19A "Lightnings" kit), and now these for the VF-25. I'm hopeful that there will be RMS-7s in the Super or Armored versions when they're released, as well...

You're totally right, Sebastian. Although a variety of ordnance has been issued previously, all of it has been bundled along with a limited edition of a specific model (except for the VF-1 ordnance pack, like you said). I would love to see some day new ordnance packs issued as accessories, like the X72-series and X48-series of weapons for WWII and modern military aircrafts.

Hasegawa Model Co. has been 'cooking' an increasing amount of new macross models and/or variants, and now that its crews are incursioning on the Macross Frontier line might suggest they'll be working on the add-ons for the VF-25, and the VF-171, VF-27 and VF-29 sooner than later. Maybe it's time for them to 'milk' our wallets with a comprehensive selection of underwing weaponry.

Like you, I wouldn't mind to get my hands on new RMS-7s, or maybe MDE missiles, or the stealthy PaCSWS-1. I'd be happier of having a more broad spectrum of weapons to hang below the wings of our models. Although knowing the fact that many VFs have micro missiles besides the gun pod and some other fixed armament, a good underwing loadout looks to me a like more proper attire for combat than just using a different livery or adopting a camo pattern, just my $.02. :)

It looks great, and I'm glad the gear are looking better than the Bandai version. Although I will say that the pilots do look too big for the bird. I'm going to have to use the Bandai figures if I do put a pilot in them.

I can't wait to get one! Or two... Maybe three... :rolleyes:

Edited by Thom

Wonder if the cockpit will give us details (as detailed as a 1/72 scale allows, of course) of a modern pilot suit sitting on an EX-Gear... at least of the upper body.

EX Gear

Edited by ivorysniper

• 3 weeks later...