Hasegawa 1/72 scale VF-25 Messiah

EXO

Very much looking forward to this. I can't afford (or find, for that matter) the toys, so this is pretty much it for me. The bandai model kit looks great perched on a shelf but it's super fragile and I very rarely am game to even move it on its stand, for fear of a leg drooping or worse.

Trash the Bandai, what happened to the battroid only build?

Well, ok, I'm such a pack rat, I wouldn't ever literally throw it away. Lets say it would be put at the bottom of a HUGE pile of kits I'd like to do when I retire.

Apparently we also get some bonus missiles with the kit

dce126275351816.jpg

Bonus ordnance ?. This is getting better than expected !!!. Just pre ordered two.

Well, ok, I'm such a pack rat, I wouldn't ever literally throw it away. Lets say it would be put at the bottom of a HUGE pile of kits I'd like to do when I retire.

... and would you please put this one on the top of your pile and delight us with a new step-by-step ?. :)

... and would you please put this one on the top of your pile and delight us with a new step-by-step ?. :)

I won't do a step-by-step, but it is rocketing to the top of the build list when I get one.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be doing a step by step for a while (at least not until my daughter gets old enough that Daddy isn't her main man.... maybe in 4-5yrs). In fact, I can't even find the time to weather up my toys ;-( or even clean up my workbench. However this kit would jump to the top of my pile!

I hope to live vicariously through you guys!

Yes! I am very grateful for her and that's why I spend all my time with her, very aware that they do grow up so fast. It's the best 1:1 scale kit I've ever made ;-) Macross will still be around when I retire so I have to live vicariously through you guys and maybe dabble in a little weathering of the toys once in a while.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be doing a step by step for a while (at least not until my daughter gets old enough that Daddy isn't her main man.... maybe in 4-5yrs). In fact, I can't even find the time to weather up my toys ;-( or even clean up my workbench. However this kit would jump to the top of my pile!

I hope to live vicariously through you guys!

I don't have kids yet (I will, some day in 2-3 years). They are always a blessing. :). Wish you to have a joyful life with your family.

But at least we will see your build some day, right ?. :)

I don't have kids yet (I will, some day in 2-3 years). They are always a blessing. :). Wish you to have a joyful life with your family.

But at least we will see your build some day, right ?. :)

Yes! Even better than Macross (did I say that out loud?!)

I definitely hope so, this is the kit I've been waiting for since the Bandais came out. I hope to sneak off for a few hours here and there to do one of these babies up - just probably won't have the luxury to do a proper step-by-step. I'd just like the time to take my models/toys out for a proper photoshoot (did manage a Bandai 1/72 VF-25S Armored and that 1/3000 SDF-1 since my daughter has been around)

All I can say to anyone is DON'T WAIT - have your kids now. Macross will still be here. In the meantime, I'd love to see other build ups!!!

This months paycheck hasn't arrived yet, but as soon as it does I'm ordering at least one, probably a pair, and permanently turning my Super VF-25S into a battroid. Maybe then I'll get around to putting the decals on it. :)

What's the usual schedule for variant releases at Hasegawa? (I.e. when can we expect Super and Armored VF-25F/S, VF-25G, RVF-25 or VF-27 kits to show up?)

(Edit: The preview image at HLJ says "Illustrated by Hidetaka Tenjin", so we'll most likely be getting traditional Hasegawa box art for this one too, no worries...)

Edited by SebastianP

• 2 weeks later...