Bandai 1/72 fully transform able VF-1 plastic kit for Macross 30th Ann

Vi-RS

indeed the perennially flowering VF-1 series is the singular, almost guaranteed, golden goose of MACROSS merchandising.

MACROSS' own answer to STAR TREK's NCC-1701REFIT movie Enterprise, if you will...

Edited by Shaorin

Looks like KuWa from Frameout Models got a sample kit to build for Dengeki Hobby.

Maybe they need a pro builder to make it not look like so much ass?

edited for typing KuWa's name wrong.

Edited by Jefuemon

Nicely built kit, but that still can't change the fact that this thing is awfully wrong in many ways. Sunken head, huge chest plate, long nose, large gap in hip, tiny shoulders/legs.... someone already fixed those problems years ago.

post-611-0-75683100-1372086642_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

Nicely built kit, but that still can't change the fact that this thing is awfully wrong in many ways. Sunken head, huge chest plate, long nose, large gap in hip, tiny shoulders/legs.... someone already fixed those problems years ago.

Except that 1/60 got some things better and other things awfully wrong. I still prefer 1/48s to this day, even if I own more 1/60s v2 than 1/48s

Edited by nexxstrait

Certainly an improvement. Not sure if it's just the way it's posed all slouched like that, but the toy looks almost "thuggish," like it's about to shake you down for some cash in a dimly lit alley.

That said, the hips don't look nearly as bad anymore, probably due to better posing.

For the first time ever, I'm actually wondering if I should buy this and give Valk modeling a try.

When you cover up the head in battroid mode it looks better :) I'm still mulling it over... - MT

He said he did 'some' work on the head only. More details in the magazine?

still doesn't allow much at all in the way of hip movement. nothing remotely at all like the Yammie 1/60v.II.

gee, i do wonder sometimes if BANDAI attempts to pull shenanigans like this ON PURPOSE.

y'know, a real lousy way of trying to say "see how silly this MACROSS stuff actually is? see why we focus our considerable talents on GUNDAM 99.99999% of the time?

Edited by Shaorin

What's with the forward-pointing nose?

Same here, looks like the valkyrie has a boner.

Question: Why did they bother separating the non-articulated pilot into four parts? Was it to make it easier to paint? I've never painted something so small, so I wouldn't know.

It actually does help in painting, many Hasegawa's figures in that scale has separate limbs. I believe it's also due to part of the molding process which can't have dynamic pose and detailed sculpts from pressing molds.

Edited by Vi-RS

i like what i'm seeing!! still, i'll be so butthurt in the extreme if the Focker i preordered doesn't include that DYRL Minmay!!

It looks like it can be straight down as well.

thank god... :)

Edited by Shaorin

i like what i'm seeing!! still, i'll be so butthurt in the extreme if the Focker i preordered doesn't include that DYRL Minmay!!

You can have mine from the Hikaru kit. Maybe the Fokker kit will come with Claudia...

I guess I'm just missing the point here.....WHY would someone want this? If you want a model---buy a Hasagawa and be done with it. Paint it, glue it, look at it on a shelf. If you want a TOY, buy a Yamato 1:60 that transforms and is pretty rugged, and wont be destroyed by handling it (carefully). Don't see why they think these will sell....I'm not buying any.