Bandai 1/72 fully transform able VF-1 plastic kit for Macross 30th Ann

Vi-RS

I don't understand all the flak this kit is getting given the appreciation that goes toward those transformable Studio Halfeye Macross products that don't look any better IMO.

Perhaps it's due to some unfamiliarity with Bandai's model kits. However, if you've built a number of Bandai master grade kits before, then I think you know what you're going to get.

Edited by Vifam7

I wouldn't expect these to be the same quality as those, but it would be nice.

Mostly, I'd guess the flak is coming from people who normally build aircraft models, and who had bad experiences with the 1/72 VF-25 kits. They weren't terrible, but they have a multitude of stupidly fragile parts, and despite being made to transform, doing so is an exercise in "how many parts will I need to repaint after I'm done?"

Bandai's great at making robot kits. Aircraft? Not so much. And even not knowing much about aircraft, they still had absolutely no excuse for how horrible the decals on those kits were.

Edited by Chronocidal

For me at least the Studio Halfeye Macross kits are the same with these Bandai option. If you want to transform, buy yamato, if you want a model kit, well buy hasegawa or bandai if you want, but as a static model kit. Did any one build a Bnadai VF-25 and try to transform the kit? after the second time you will have a lot of scratches all around the joints, All I said is, this is some thing we modelers don't need, we need gerwalk mode model. The toys people don't need it, they have Yamato, so whats the point??

Well, it's sold out at multiple shops and I've built all sorts of model kits. To me its never too late for this. I want them keep trying until they get it better and near perfect. I would keep buying. I was really impressed with their RG Z gundam which is a transforming kit. So I have some degree of hope for it. Decal/paint is still a whole different problem all together. Hopefully theyll find some solution for it.

over the last 10 years I bought one of every 1/48 sans the weathering and macross chronicles exclusives,

over 20 hase VF-1's, the revoltechs, the 1/100 hi-metals, and I'm still psyched about this valk.

I mean, cmon it's the VF-1

besides, I'm gonna buy a ton of these to support the franchise

Edited by Duymon

Why bandai is not using the tranformation mechanism for the arms that they used for the high metal?

It is more anime accuarete. IMO

The different departments of Bandai are so independnt from each other that they're essentially individual companies. The model kit is done by Bandai Hobby department, while the hi metal release was done by Tamashii Nations (Bandai Collectors).

can anyone compare 1/72 and 1/60? if the size is good, it should be a good seller for bandai

Check out fellow forum member Shaorin's pics which has the 1/60v2 Yamato next to the 1/72 HCM.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29427&p=897430

1/72 scale means it'll be in scale with the aircraft models out there.

Edited by Vifam7

now when's this damned thing supposed be hitting market now?

and i suppose it's gonna be a real limited-ass production run being it ain't GUNDAM-related and all... <_<

i wanna wait for a Ichijo 1J T.V. release at any rate,

but i just can't wait for people around here to start showing off the final production kit ASAP...

Edited by Shaorin

now when's this damned thing supposed be hitting market now?

and i suppose it's gonna be a real limited-ass production run being it ain't GUNDAM-related and all... <_<

i wanna wait for a Ichijo 1J T.V. release at any rate,

but i just can't wait for people around here to start showing off the final production kit ASAP...

It's not being released until June I think. I'm sure they'll release the J variant right after.

The initial release is a DYRL Hikaru VF-1S without strike pack, yes?

Announced releases:

June 29, 4725yen (4500 yen before tax) for DYRL Hikaru VF-1A/1S

June 29, 2100 yen (2000 yen before tax) for fast/strike pack

And we got new scans:

post-467-0-17525800-1366725523_thumb.jpg

post-467-0-44128400-1366725536_thumb.jpg

Back back still looks small for fighter mode.

Like: Gerwalk legs can really point forward.

Edited by CF18

Cockpit landing gear wheel looks pretty small compared to the 2 rear wheels.

Would like to see an underbelly shot in fighter mode to have an idea of the head size in reference to the rest of the plane.

I hope there will be final tweaks to the mold before it's released.

I am not much of a kit guy....however, I will get this if only to convince Bandai to possibly release a DX Chogokin 1/55 scale version in time for the DYRL 30th anniversary....or if not that.....maybe convince them to re-release the 1/55 Hi-Metal VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru and an all-new Roy), the VT-1, and the VE-1........

I know a fool's hope..... :rolleyes:

Announced releases:

June 29, 4725yen (4500 yen before tax) for DYRL Hikaru VF-1A/1S

June 29, 2100 yen (2000 yen before tax) for fast/strike pack

And we got new scans:

Back back still looks small for fighter mode.

Like: Gerwalk legs can really point forward.

She's not lookin' that bad after all. I might have to pick up one of these.

Just noticed this, but the head lasers in battroid look angled. Are they going to look like this in fighter mode, or do they swap out?

If you look at the lasers, the front ones are splayed/angled differently to the rear ones. This is probably so the ones closest the fuselage can clear it when rotated forward.

I'm hoping the test shots look better! The nose gear looks like it's been soaking in alum and the fast packs are too far back as said before. It still has that aneroxia supermodel look to it.

I think some guys are staying up too late working on this trying to cram it in. Late at night everything looks good! They need to stand back and take a good look and then read our forum for help :rolleyes: - MT

It looks so ugly in aircraft mode! Its exactly as I suspected, its ok in battroid (which is Bandai's robot heritage) but its pretty dismal otherwise. The nose seem to have that wierd nose down slant that some of the earlier 80's ARII kit had - aside from the fact that there is no sleekness or refinement to it at all - its a throw back to the Chunky Monkey days. Painting this puppy will be a b*&%# due to all the rubbing and transformation gimmicks. I don't think I'll be touching this with a 100 foot pole! Bandai can never get aircraft landing gears right (look at their Yukikaze 1/100 DX models) - they just do robots!

Quite disappointed despite my low expectations.

this is precisely what happens when BANDAI's engineering staff attempt to cram development work

on a new variable VF-1 design in at 3:00am after a long hard day of wanking off to all things GUNDAM.

the damned thing's still gonna sell like gangbusters though, especially now that we MACROSS fans of the world

lack a shepherd such as YAMATO offering us solid alternatives to BS such as this... :angry:

Edited by Shaorin

Next month's issue will have the test shot.

vf-1-72n3_zps2e32ac70.jpg

Do not want.

Seriously, there are an enormous amount of issue with this - but I guess I should have know this was going to happen. I'm sure I'll still grab one, just not sure if I will ever build it up...