Macross Frontier on Blu Ray.

Skullsixx

Hi guys. It's definitely been a WHILE since I've been active here. I'm just kinda getting back into Macross from along hiatus. I'm looking to pick up the Macross Frontier series at an upcoming anime convention here in Vegas. Is it out there? Does it exist on Blu Ray? YES, I did a search here but didn't find much. The only clips I've seen are what's posted on YouTube. The last series I collected was Macross Zero several years ago. I have DYRL, Macross Plus and a few others like the anniversary disc. I wasn't interested at all in Macross II or Macross 7.

Yes it is out there, a couple of years ago there where many of the MF TV blu-rays on ebay, now non of the TV show and more of the 2 movies, You can find them on Japanese web-sites like play-Asia or cd-Japan I think, but they are pretty expensive for the whole set. I'm looking for vol. 2-8 of the TV series and don't want to pay $80+ for one volume. I was lucky to find vol 9 for 15$ shipped on ebay and vol. 9 for 18$ at mandarake.

Hello,

Just joined MW but have been browsing the forums off & on for a few years. The 30th anniversary discussions caught my attention & I never realized they had a Hybrid 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Blu Ray come out in July. I spent hours the last couple days getting info on it & found a couple on Ebay about $300 from Japan & Play-Asia for $200. I ordered it yesterday & will watch it when it arrives to celebrate the Macross 30th birthday. Over the years I've only come across some not so good DVDs of DYRL & one very good almost HD version with very well translated English subs from a Macross fan on Ebay but this Blu Ray version with the Flashback 2012 disc will be the ultimate I think.

In response to the Macross Frontier series topic, I was lucky to purchase the 25 episode DVD set a couple years back on Ebay. It was subtitled & made by Lambaian Films. It was about $39.00 & I think there are still some available on Ebay. I will post a link to the auction if I find it so others can get this DVD set for their collection.

In response to the Macross Frontier series topic, I was lucky to purchase the 25 episode DVD set a couple years back on Ebay. It was subtitled & made by Lambaian Films. It was about $39.00 & I think there are still some available on Ebay. I will post a link to the auction if I find it so others can get this DVD set for their collection.

Don't. It's a bootleg.

Here is the link for the Macross Frontier DVD set. Price is cheaper than what I paid when it first came out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MACROSS-FRONTIER-The-Complete-Collection-Anime-TV-Series-3-DVD-SET-English-Sub-/320794546779?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item4ab0d8525b

Don't. It's a bootleg.

Sorry, posted the link before I saw your post. I suppose you may be right because it was from Malaysia. The packaging, picture & subtitle quality was very good though.

If ya have Real Player you can download HD versions off YouTube. I just started doing this tonight. I'll download a few and then watch at my convenience. I've seen a few episodes in the past so it's been a while. Looking forward to getting back into Macross!!!

Looking for episode 2 on YouTube. Damn...can't find it! Looks like some episodes are really scattered. Is the FRontier movie like the Mac Plus one? Condensed?

Yes and no. The first Frontier movie is about 50% TV series footage (although much of the story and dialogue have been changed). The second movie is completely new.

What I ended up doing was going here: Realitylapse.com

I paid the $5.00 fee and was able to download ALL the Hi-Def episodes with subs on to Divx. I'm downloading the last 5 episodes now so I'll get to spend the weekend getting caught up with the rest of ya that have already seen Frontier.

• 7 months later...