Falcon BMS

I used the forum search to see if anyone's talking about it, but I didn't find anything. BenchMark Sims updated the game with a patch in Sept/2011. (http://www.benchmarksims.org)

It's like a whole new game and probably the best air combat simulation available right now, which is amazing considering the original game was released in 1998. The last month+ of my life has basically been devoted to it. I'm obsessed.

Here's a video of me going mano a mano versus a Tomcat, guns and AIM-9Ps only:

But there are hundreds of better youtube vids if you're late to the party like me, and want to see what BMS is all about.

Anybody else playing this?

Edited by Vic Mancini

Your video reminded me again of how much I should get a Track IR. I'm a LOMAC player and have never had the chance to try out BMS. It's a shame that the combat flight sim has been on the endangered species list for quite sometime. Hoping what DCS is doing in allowing Third-party companies to develop aircraft for its games gives the franchise some life.

Your video reminded me again of how much I should get a Track IR. I'm a LOMAC player and have never had the chance to try out BMS. It's a shame that the combat flight sim has been on the endangered species list for quite sometime. Hoping what DCS is doing in allowing Third-party companies to develop aircraft for its games gives the franchise some life.

TrackIR is worth every damn penny. I can't express how much I love it.

I haven't tried LOMAC. It looks great, but BMS is just more my style, and I'm a huge Viper fan so it was an easy choice for me when I was choosing a new sim to dedicate myself to. But the teaser for Flaming Cliffs 3 looks amazing. Have you seen it? The new F-15 pit looks even better than the BMS Viper pit.

I have a funny feeling that the combat flight sim might become a little bit less endangered than it used to be.

Edited by Vic Mancini

The F-15 cockpit looks great. One of big complaints with LOMAC is the stock aircraft models which really haven't changed since 2003. The Su-25T being the exception. Looking forward to IRIS finishing the F-15E model.

Sometime I'll try BMS. My only Falcon experience was with Falcon 3.0 looong ago.