So... what do you guys think will be some of the scenarios in the game? Me? I'm looking forward to Isamu, Sheryl and Basara bouncing off each other. (figuratively speaking)

Isamu: What the--?! Guld, that crazy guy's flying his Valkyrie with a guitar!

Basara: LISTEN TO MY SONG!!

Guld: Heh, doesn't sound any crazier than you, Mad Skywriter.

So... what do you guys think will be some of the scenarios in the game? Me? I'm looking forward to Isamu, Sheryl and Basara bouncing off each other. (figuratively speaking)

Isamu: What the--?! Guld, that crazy guy's flying his Valkyrie with a guitar!

Basara: LISTEN TO MY SONG!!

Guld: Heh, doesn't sound any crazier than you, Mad Skywriter.

This is literally the ONLY thing I'm aching to see.

I hear they're going to allow the use of Rock Band controllers for the Fire Bomber valks.

Now that would be fun.

4Gamer has more news and more and better screencaps about Macross 30. Apparently the story for the game has been penned by Master Kawamori and Ukyo Kodachi. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kodachi work on the Frontier novelizations and Macross The Ride?

I HAVE FOUND A REASON TO LOVE AGAIN.

020.jpg

THE FEELS.

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

I'm a little concerned why we have the VF-1 and VF-25 shown flying with Super Packs in atmosphere in fighter mode.

Also, I really hope we get the full range of VFs, not just the meagre selection shown so far.

Really want VF-17D/S, VF-19F/S, VF-22S, VF-11B/C/Full-Armoured and VF-171/171EX as well.

Graham

I'm a little concerned why we have the VF-1 and VF-25 shown flying with Super Packs in atmosphere in fighter mode.

It's not exactly new... for the video games. We had a Super VF-1 in VF-X2 after all.

And can't a VF-25 actually fly in atmosphere with its packs?

The VF-25 isn't indicated as being able to fly in an atmosphere with Super Packs (the exception is, as D.D. Ivanov pointed out, the Tornado Pack).

That said, there are some FAST Packs and Super Packs that are able to be used in both space and atmosphere. The VF-11, VF-17, VF-19, VF-27, VF-5000 and VA-3M do. And that's off the top of the head without including variants that have appeared in such places as the games!

Nevertheless, if you strap enough thrust onto a brick, you could make it fly. The same holds true for the Super Parts that aren't indicated as being able to fly in an atmosphere. So, it's probably best to keep in mind that the prime job of the Super Parts is to provide the additional fuel that VFs need for a reasonable mission length in space.

Edited by sketchley

I really doubt it, considering the presence of characters that are long since dead in the timeline.

Wiki: According to the "official" Macross chronology, the SDF-2 Megaroad-01 fleet vanished 4 years later while traveling near the center of the galaxy during the new expedition (in July 2016 A.D.) and was never heard from again. Lynn Minmay was among the missing.

I always imagined they got lost in some space version of the Bermuda Triangle and went back in time, leading to the meeting of Lyn Minmay and Whoever her husband would turn out to be and that their son would be named Richard Bilrer.

Also, I wondered if the ship that crashed on Earth in 1999 was the Megaroad-01, after a failed attempt to return home., but I couldn't account for the people.... So no...

Wiki: According to the "official" Macross chronology, the SDF-2 Megaroad-01 fleet vanished 4 years later while traveling near the center of the galaxy during the new expedition (in July 2016 A.D.) and was never heard from again. Lynn Minmay was among the missing.

I always imagined they got lost in some space version of the Bermuda Triangle and went back in time, leading to the meeting of Lyn Minmay and Whoever her husband would turn out to be and that their son would be named Richard Bilrer.

Also, I wondered if the ship that crashed on Earth in 1999 was the Megaroad-01, after a failed attempt to return home., but I couldn't account for the people.... So no...

I'm mainly referring to the fact that characters like the Macross Zero villains and Sharon Apple are contemporary with the DYRL SDF-1 in this game.

Didn't Myung retrieve Sharon's neurochip at the end of the Movie version?

The (old) Macross is a class of ships now, as shown in Frontier.

As for Nora and D.D., they could retcon that the AFOS encounter didn't go down exactly like that one movie said it did in this continuity.

That said, I don't really care if the game fits into canon that much, though I would have preferred a totally new premise as opposed to a Crisis on Infinite Macrosses as the original story for the new game.

post-9325-0-64455000-1352958635_thumb.jpg

New details courtesy of famitsu.com.

Release date: Feb. 28

Price - Regular Edition: 8380yen

Price - Super galaxy box Edition: 11800yen

Super galaxy box Edition also includes:

-Voice actors and Kawamori talk/interviews (90mins) CG movies from the game. OP movies from the PSP games.

-Hidetaka tenjin box illustration

-A selection of layout (ie, stages, environments, etc) docs from the game.

-Character and mechanical design docs from the game

-Reproductions of posters from various 30th anniversary events.

-30th Anniversary memorial booklet

-DLC for two custom valk paint jobs for use in-game (VF-25 & VF-1S)

Thanks to ANTIBIOTICAB for the heads up!

Edited by Tochiro

Tochiro, Antibioticab, you are my new heroes. But frak me, $103.75 for the regular edition? I didn't pay that much for my Collector's Edition Mass Effect 3!

Other things-

Is that a blue VF-0 on the box?

Do we know who's doing Minmay's voice, if not Mari Iijima?

Is that a YF-29 silhouette I spy?

Edited by VF-15 Banshee