Just a thought - would it be worth me making a separate thread for people who are willing to put up their concert codes?

That way it wouldnt clutter up this thread and we could have one or two people enter all the codes on this end.

Now, keep in mind that there are only 100 tickets to be won and all the codes do is enter you in a draw. So theres a very high probability that none of them will amount to anything. But if any were to win, I'd probably offer them to MW members in japan first and then anyone on the forums who was thinking of visiting Japan for the concert second. IF theres any way to track which code won a/which ticket, I'd say we either reimburse them for the price of a ticket or offer to buy them merch at the concert instead (their choice).

Of course, this is all hypothetical and highly unlikely given how few tickets are on offer, but what does everyone think?

I think that's a great idea.

That way, people won't have to wade thru the thread-pages just to find the codes. You can put mine up on that thread if anybody wants dibs on it.

Incidentally, I think you japan-based guys can just pool the codes together and hope one or more will get happily selected.

Just janken/RPS the winning code(s) among yourselves! :D

Edited by treatment

Yeah I agree it might be a good idea to make a seperate thread about giving the codes and a description or a picture of code slip so everyone knows where to look for their code to give away. (I can scan a picture of my code slip in if need be). it's still a long shot to win but atleast a slightly higher chance to possibly win a ticket then a normal person depending on how much of a code pool we can get.

Edited by SkyYuyo

I'm a little disappointed that the main site hasn't been updated and except for a link on the top page to a questionnaire that you need codes from your game manual to activate. Apparently you can get a nice shiny wallpaper for it.

Do I need to use my concert ticket code to do this? I wanna give the code away but also want the wallpaper.

EDIT think I got it using google translate and found the code to use.

If anyone wants I can post the wallpapers if you cant do the survey.

Edited by Sorata

Do I need to use my concert ticket code to do this? I wanna give the code away but also want the wallpaper.

No, the wallpaper is for doing a survey. on the website but you do need an 'access key' (code) thats included in all versions of the game. Edited by Tochiro

As an update to my earlier difficulties, Fux-Ex finally found my Mac30 Limited at the GM parts plant they delivered it to for no reason at all, and have just now received it 4 days late. Of course, I have to work tomorrow :p But at least I get some playtime in.

Thanks for the concern and Seinfeld jokes people.

so......valk list of those found so far? did the VF-4 get passed over? :(

Yeah, people super analyzed the unlocked Valk tech tree in preview promotional shots.... nobody saw a VF-4. Sorry bout that.

Anyway, the VF-4 is specialized for space use, so I guess we can console ourselves and say that's the reason it's not in there. Most of the game is in atmosphere.

But we do get to pilot several Zentran suits/pods

Some coverage on this weeks X-Button over at ANN:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-x-button/2013-03-06

Also, according to famitsu.com, Macross 30 sold 60703 copies in its first 5 days (Feb. 28~Mar. 3).
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/06029825.html

UPDATE: 4gamer lists sales to date at 63089 copies
http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20130306062/

Edited by Tochiro

Yes you can access it I created a Japanese account on my PS3 and was able to redeem the Macross DYRL PS1 game from the Japanese PSN store using a DLC code that came with the bluray release of the movie. After downloading and installing it under my Japanese account I can play it even using my American PS3 account. I believe all downloads work that way.

Which DYRL PS1 game was it and how'd you get it (which movie). So want those old games playable on PS3.

Damn it mom. Why did you give me this game for xmas and choosing SAL rather than EMS. My games been stuck at Tokyo International for over a week. Going to have to send mom to a home for this one. jk.

So jealous of those who already have theirs in hand.

JUst bought a Ps3 to start playing this game.

Poor Leon. He was just stopping by, gets shot down, then an Ouroboros aurora blocks him from folding back and he gets stuck working for SMS Ouroboros until further notice :p

He even asks for salary lol

Game is much more fun if you understand Japanese :)

Edited by Duymon

Don't rub it in. :lol: I can pick up some of what's going on from watching expressions and the few spoken words I recognize, but aside from that I'm at a loss to what's actually going on.

Though.. given the ending of the game, I'm not even sure knowing Japanese would help me understand it that much... :p I'm just guessing once the aurora disappeared, everyone poofed back to their own time, but it certainly happened quickly, and there didn't seem to be much explanation about it happening at all.

The parts I really want to understand are the conversations that pop up when everyone meets all the people from previous timelines, especially the Nome family. The dialogue sounded hilarious even without understanding more than a few words.

Have to say the credits sequence was an awesome tribute though. :)

Anyhow, the limited edition does come with a booklet of art, most of it devoted to characters in the game, and I mean all of them, and their valks. A lot of it is reprints of original art from the various series over the years, but there are some good concept sketches of the game's original characters as well.

Not much concept art for the YF-30 though, I think it was just a few computer renders.

Which DYRL PS1 game was it and how'd you get it (which movie). So want those old games playable on PS3.

The game was a DLC code included in the deluxe edition of DYRL on Bluray. The game has unfortunately never been released separately on PSN (nor have any other Macross games, for that matter)

He even asks for salary lol

Well, he was just kinda guaranteeing that he WAS going to get paid, lol. I thought that early joke that Aisha made about only feeding him Pineapple salad was funnier^_^

Its interesting how understanding the story changes playstyle though - most people on MW or Gamefaqs talk almost exclusively about quests and levelling, while I find it hard not to dash back to the ship just to hear the next conversation. Similarly, most Amazon japan reviews that Ive read (admittedly, this was a few days ago) talk about story, characters or voice acting, not gameplay mechanics or which valks are playable. Its really quite interesting.

personally, I'm enjoying Leon as the new lead character - unlike many past Macross leads, he is a pilot from the beginning and isnt afraid to jump into combat - something I find refreshingly angst-free (so far at least).

'Whats that Mei Lilong? NUNS soldiers have gone rogue? Well I suppose Im gonna need a a bigger loadout on my valk!'

Speaking of which, the only new character which sometimes irks me is Mei Lilong and her bad sounding Chinese accent. You would think she could brush her language skills up by now, especially considering that

she is one of the oldest characters in the whole game.

Yeah, it does make it hard to enjoy the characters when you don't know Japanese sadly.. but really, I was kind of sad about one aspect of the story that I was looking forward to.

I know there were references to Rod and Leon's friend Mia in numerous places... but what ever came out of that? With all the teasing about time shenanigans involved in the plot, I seriously expected the climax of the plot to be something that would go back in time and prevent her death.

Granted, I'm not sure if her death still didn't play an important role in the story, but it seemed like as soon as I got to chapter 9, the game just decided, "Ok, we're all out of story now, so here's the ending." Not that it doesn't make sense still in some ways, but there seemed like a lot of lead up to something that never happened.

Anyway, even not understanding things, I did watch through most of the character dialogue scenes just so I could try and pick out what was going on. There were enough words in there I recognized to get a decent idea in many cases, but I have no idea what happened at the end yet.

Mylene: this Valk isn't bad, but it's not a patch on mine. Although I'm a bit worried I can't control it with my bass guitar.

Alto: Bass guitar? ?? What the hell kind of piloting were you doing?

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Edited by Tochiro

Mylene: this Valk isn't bad, but it's not a patch on mine. Although I'm a bit worried I can't control it with my bass guitar.

Alto: Bass guitar? ?? What the hell kind of piloting were you doing?

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

So that's what they were saying! That's awesome. Also, when Sara called Kamjin a purple Kadun, that was priceless!!