New Famitsu info:

Gameplay Tidbits
  • Each mecha’s stats, such as HP or speed, can be tuned.
  • You’ll receive armor, engine, parts, etc. from treasure chests and enemies.
  • You can make one mecha from each mecha’s blueprints.
  • The shop has a variety of bullet types and things for sale.
  • There are also high-speed scroll stages.

Original Characters

• Miina (CV: Saharu)
  • Aisha (CV: Marina Inou)
  • Sakaki (CV: Miyu Irino)
  • Rod (CV: Omoru Miyano)
  • Toudou (CV: Joji Nakata)

Characters

• Macross: Hikaru Ichijyo, Misa Hayase, Quamzin Kravshera
  • Macross Plus: Sharon Apple, Guild Goa Bowman
  • Macross 7: Basara Nekkei, Maximilian Jenius, Milia Fallyna Jenius, Gamlin Kizaki
  • Macross Zero: Shin Kudo, D.D. Ivanov, Nora Polyansky, Mao Nome, Sara Nome, Isamu Alva Dyson
  • Macross Frontier: Sheryl Nome, Alto Saotome, Brera Sterne, Captain Wilen, Clan Clang, Ozma Lee, Michael Blanc, Myung Fang Lone, Ranka Lee, Lynn Minmay

http://gematsu.com/2...d-scroll-stages

Guild Goa Bowman?

Edited by Crossboy

Thanks just cancelled my preorder at Play-asia and preordered at Amiami instead. Hopefully nothing happends to my preorder at amiami where I can't get it... Since I just noticed the regarding preorder header on it...

What header?

Sorry, the office scanner cut some of the left-side off, but heres some of the glorious new pics from todays Famitsu! (p2 has new characters, p3 has lots of in-game pics)

Famitsu_11_22_p1.pdf

Famitsu_11_22_p2.pdf

Famitsu_11_22_p3.pdf

YF-30 on lower right of page 3.

Thanks for the scans!

VF-19E?!

That's the VF-19 specification that Basara's VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie was based off of. If memory serves, that info comes from the VFMF:VF-19 book, and most of us MWers agreed a few years back that that's part of Macross's extended universe...

What header?

YF-30 on lower right of page 3.

Alas, it's only a rough (part of a rough at that). Looks like it's based on the YF-24 family (VF-25, 27, 29)... all the article says is something along the lines of telling the reader tp look forward to info on it at a later time...

What header?

Notice Regarding Pre-orders

In cases of manufacturer stock shortages, pre-order items will be offered on a first come, first served basis.

I might be interperating it wrong here and I just hope I didn't lock myself out of getting one is all.

I'm reading this as if there are more preorders then the available stock that comes out the first ones on the preorders list get theirs but when it runs out everyone else just gets a refund if there is a shortage. I doubt it will happen but I'm just abit of a pessimist. Luck isn't one of my skills.

Edited by SkyYuyo

Notice Regarding Pre-orders

In cases of manufacturer stock shortages, pre-order items will be offered on a first come, first served basis.

I might be interperating it wrong here and I just hope I didn't lock myself out of getting one is all.

I'm reading this as if there are more preorders then the available stock that comes out the first ones on the preorders list get theirs but when it runs out everyone else just gets a refund if there is a shortage. I doubt it will happen but I'm just abit of a pessimist. Luck isn't one of my skills.

Dont worry thats their standard line. AmiAmi is pretty good on keeping the right number of items for orders allowed. Hey it may be when it was first listed they never put it up the add to cart option as they were finallizing how many they had, thats my hope anyway cause it seems it sold out instantly if not when first listed and it took play asia and yes asia etc much longer to do that..

That's the VF-19 specification that Basara's VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie was based off of. If memory serves, that info comes from the VFMF:VF-19 book, and most of us MWers agreed a few years back that that's part of Macross's extended universe...

Oh thanks for the info, had no idea about this.

I noticed that Max, Milia, Wilder, Gamlin, Clan, Ozma, Michel and Luca's eyes are all red. If this isn't a scanner error, what does that mean? They'll be enemies at first in the game?

The kanji in the arrow pointing down from Sharron's picture to the other characters means "brainwashing".

I also have to wonder what the difference is going to be between the YF-29 we're familiar with and this mysterious YF-29B?

My guess (and it's only speculation at this point), is that the YF-29B is the YF-29 without all the expensive fold quartz additions. In other words, it's got all the hardware you want, just none of the fold wave reception, amplification and broadcasting capabilities.

Woo preorder acquired ^_^ Thanks for the link.

Now to hope they get enough in to cover the orders.

And... HOLY CRAP. Yep. If they do that scheme, I WILL buy a YF-29, finally. Isamu scheme completely destroys every other way it's been painted.

Edited by Chronocidal

Sorry, the office scanner cut some of the left-side off, but heres some of the glorious new pics from todays Famitsu! (p2 has new characters, p3 has lots of in-game pics)

Famitsu_11_22_p1.pdf

Famitsu_11_22_p2.pdf

Famitsu_11_22_p3.pdf

Thank you very much for these scans! Is there any chance you'll upload any higher def ones? Also, YF-29B made my heart implode... And I can't wait for the YF-30!

I also have to wonder what the difference is going to be between the YF-29 we're familiar with and this mysterious YF-29B? And is that YF-29 in the pic done up in Isamu's -19 colors?

Well, it appears that the YF-29 at the bottom has only 1 beam cannon on its head, but the YF-29B has two. I'm assuming that means the one Alto used in Sayonara no Tsubasa was a YF-29B.

Edited by TyrValein

Why do Japanese products like these mix Include any English at all? Why the use of English numbers and Valkyrie names and such?

They have the ability to add an English setting but just won't.

Well Valkyrie names are already in English and Japan has been using the Arabic numeral system for like a very long time. There's a difference between that and being able to do an entire game in English.

Why do Japanese products like these mix Include any English at all? Why the use of English numbers and Valkyrie names and such?

It's kind of irritating, like a tease. They have the ability to add an English setting but just won't.

Quid pro quo: why can't Hollywood make movies in Japanese? They have the ability to add Japanese to a setting, but won't make it in Japanese. (Ex: Blade Runner, Alien 3).

Quid pro quo: why can't Hollywood make movies in Japanese? They have the ability to add Japanese to a setting, but won't make it in Japanese. (Ex: Blade Runner, Alien 3).

I'd say because Harrison Ford and Sigourney Weaver didn't/don't know how to speak Japanese :)

Edited by Rabidweezil